Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: GSXR1000K7 review (Road)

Bike
    2008 KTM SuperDuke R
    Quote Originally Posted by FIZZERMAN View Post
    I was saying, that if ya wanna talk another bike up, do your own review.
    I did. And I even said the Gixxer was a better bike for track work. But I do apologise - I just have an insatiable appetite for troll-food.

Can you even fuckin read, or do you just look at the screen and dream up whatever you want it to say?
    The latter, I'd say.

Bike
    RSVR-BICILINDRICO
    So the K7 isn't as Hard edged as the K1/2/3 GSXR's just alot more refined all over is what I'm reading here ? Abit more like a CBR1000RR type of bike now adays

SENSEI PERFORMANCE TUNING

" QUICKER THAN YOU SLOWER THAN ME "

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    So the K7 isn't as Hard edged as the K1/2/3 GSXR's just alot more refined all over is what I'm reading here ? Abit more like a CBR1000RR type of bike now adays
    I dont think so, the K1/K2 are very rideable power wise, it comes on strong from 4k. and just gets stronger, the K3 onwards tho, come on like a rabbid dog from 9k

Bike
    RSVR-BICILINDRICO
    My K3 1000 was strong right from off the bottom end with the mods I had done , just reading posts that say the K7 has been smoothed out alot giving the effect it feels abit flat till the GSXR rush hits

SENSEI PERFORMANCE TUNING

" QUICKER THAN YOU SLOWER THAN ME "

Bike
    2008 KTM SuperDuke R
    I've only ridden a Gixxer Thou once, but I also found the bottom end excellent. In fact, for most riding, it was too good - the best analogy I can think of was of a rabid dog straining to get of a leash.

Maybe I'm just a pussy, but I really didn't like the idea of that kind of power in heavy traffic or when commuting. That wasn't the sole reason I went for the Blade, but it was a big factor.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanx View Post
    I've only ridden a Gixxer Thou once, but I also found the bottom end excellent. In fact, for most riding, it was too good - the best analogy I can think of was of a rabid dog straining to get of a leash.

Maybe I'm just a pussy, but I really didn't like the idea of that kind of power in heavy traffic or when commuting. That wasn't the sole reason I went for the Blade, but it was a big factor.
    Is your blade a thou? It might be a small amount down on max power, but it aint that much slower. It'll still throw ya off if ya dont give it proper respect.

Bike
    2008 KTM SuperDuke R
    Is your blade a thou? It might be a small amount down on max power, but it aint that much slower. It'll still throw ya off if ya dont give it proper respect.
    Yeah it's a thou - the current model. Although it's down on power compared to the '06 Gixxer, it's only a few ponies at the rear wheel. It was more the way the Gixxer delivered the power that convinced me the Blade was a better prospect for me. I know I can't ride either of them to a fraction of their capabilities, but I didn't want to feel intimidated every time I wheeled the thing out the garage. What's interesting is reading how people are saying the K7 Gixxer's much more linear in its power delivery. The phrase 'Fireblade-like' has ben rolled out a few times, even.

Bike
    2010 Yamaha XT250, 2008 BMW F650 Dakar
    Having ridden both the K7 and the CBR1000 (thanks Sanx) I'd have to agree that the CBR1000 power delivery is less intimidating than the K7. The CBR just feels less aggressive. Very similar in many other respects though.

And, yes, I'd agree that either will throw you off if not treated with enough respect....indeed, the CBR came a lot closer to throwing me off than the K7 - different circumstances of course...
    Exploring pastures anew...

Bike
    Suzuki SV650S K8
    Had the opportunity to ride the K7 today, big thanks to Pete at WMCC

I knew it was going to be a mistake though, because my old '11 certainly feels a little slow now...

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by megageoff76 View Post
    Had the opportunity to ride the K7 today, big thanks to Pete at WMCC

I knew it was going to be a mistake though, because my old '11 certainly feels a little slow now...
    So fuckin trade it, banana is workin part time again, you can afford it

Bike
    Suzuki SV650S K8
    Yeah I wish mate. Cant see any new bikes for me for a long time.
    i'll just have to go and ride Johanns GN again, then she'll feel fast once more

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by megageoff76 View Post
    Yeah I wish mate. Cant see any new bikes for me for a long time.
    i'll just have to go and ride Johanns GN again, then she'll feel fast once more
    You could buy my thou bro, it's only a little bit scrathed

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings race fairings
    That take a while to type without spelling mistakes then?

Thread Information