Thread: New site gallery

Bike
    CharlesidealOB
    Blog Entries

New site gallery

Due to the old gallery software support being non-existent for two years now, I have changed the gallery software to Coppermine.

This software has better viewing and uploading options. It also has member private galleries where you can create your own albums. I have added a link to each member’s private gallery in the pull down menu that appears when you click on their name in their post title.

I have only moved the biker event categories over to the new one. The old gallery will stay up for awhile to give members a chance to move their own images over before I remove them.

Bike
    CharlesidealOB
    Blog Entries
    Nobody having any problems with the new Gallery

If case some of you haven’t figured it out, if you want to upload pictures to your user gallery, you need to create an album first.

Also when it comes to ask you for a title for your image, don't forget to choose the appropriate album in the pull down list.

I will also be adding batch image files upload capability via a zip file soon.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankMe
    Nobody having any problems with the new Gallery

If case some of you haven’t figured it out, if you want to upload pictures to your user gallery, you need to create an album first.

Also when it comes to ask you for a title for your image, don't forget to choose the appropriate album in the pull down list.

I will also be adding batch image files upload capability via a zip file soon.
    Thanks heaps for the new gallery SM, it's real easy to use and has an attractive interface! A major improvement from that previous old dog of a gallery.

Just curious, but how much space have you got available in the gallery?

Bike
    CharlesidealOB
    Blog Entries
    Couldn't find a 4images to Coppermine importer, so managed to write a script to copy everybody's images from the old gallery into their user gallery in Coppermine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zed
    how much space have you got available in the gallery?
    There's plenty of space there, but it is not unlimited and this is not the only site on the server.

Bike
    BMW R65LS, part time R75 old fart rider
    Hey SpankMe, could you please add a link to the KB homepage in the gallery sidebar? Its a pain to get back to the homepage otherwise...

Thanks
    Maarten
    Queiro voya todo Europa con mi moto.... pero no tengo suficiente tiempo o dinero.....

Bike
    GSXR750 K4
    another awesome innovation from the man! the coppermine version looks good- I'll just have to get used to using it.

Cheers mate, we don't thank you enough!

Bike
    CharlesidealOB
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Posh Tourer :P
    Hey SpankMe, could you please add a link to the KB homepage in the gallery sidebar? Its a pain to get back to the homepage otherwise...

Thanks
    Maarten
    Just click on the Kiwi Biker logo/title at the top.

Bike
    yeah ok...
    Queiro voya todo Europa con mi moto.... pero no tengo suficiente tiempo o dinero.....

Bike
    Hey SpankMe - can i have another folder for AMCC Round 2?

Or would it be possible to get a script that would let me create my own? I keep forgetting that I need to ask for a new folder before I upload things :S

Cheers, Maarten

Bike
    CharlesidealOB
    Blog Entries
    :cool2:

Bike
    1997 Ducati 600 Supersport
    Quote Originally Posted by Posh Tourer :P
    Hey SpankMe - can i have another folder for AMCC Round 2?

Or would it be possible to get a script that would let me create my own? I keep forgetting that I need to ask for a new folder before I upload things :S

Cheers, Maarten
    Yeah, i stuffed up too... how can i move the files once they are there... or is it a senior members thing?

cheers
    mike

Bike
    CharlesidealOB
    Blog Entries
    When viewing an image, click "Edit Description". From there you can move images between your albums. But if will not let you move them to admin created albums Something I should change when I got time.

If you want me to move them for you, put them into one album and tell me the album name and the admin created album you want me to move them into.

Bike
    1997 Ducati 600 Supersport
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankMe
    When viewing an image, click "Edit Description". From there you can move images between your albums. But if will not let you move them to admin created albums Something I should change when I got time.

If you want me to move them for you, put them into one album and tell me the album name and the admin created album you want me to move them into.
    Cheers SM!...

Bike
    Please - I put 10 photos into general interest photos album at about 10:30 on Monday - can you put them in AMCC round 2. It'd save me re-uploading them on 56k connection

Thread Information