Thread: 1pc leather recommendations

Bike
    2010 KTM 300 exc

1pc leather recommendations

I'm looking for recommendations for a new 1pc leather suit. My previous leathers were 2pc REVIT from Motomail. I did like the convenience of a 2pc but I really didn't like the road rash I got from my off at Taupo last month! The fabric holding the zip wore though in an instant so I left a large patch of skin on the road and transfered some ashphalt to my lower back. That injury was pretty minor compared to the broken bones but still. A 1pc is a pain in the arse I know, hot summer days and getting into in initially sucks but I think I can live with it. Insurance is paying for all my gear so $$$ are not a problem. Budget is up to 2k. So the questions:
    • What 1 pc suit do you have?
    • What do you think of the quality?
    • Have you crashed in it/how well did it hold up?
    • Price/where did you get it?

Thanks

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    I've just got a Quasimoto one piece, and it's awesome. I've also got a nordtech suit, that's shit, and I've also been wearing a spool set, that was probably good when Loosebruce first got it, but he crashed a lot, so it's slightly worse for wear. It is a less consistant fit tho, good accross the shoulders, but too short to the crotch from there.

Quasi gear has my vote for sure.

Bike
    Honda NSR300 track hack
    Ya want the spool RRS 2...

Nice leather.. hold together well, nice fit... twin Zip, so easy to ge into.

Biggest let down, bug ugly hump. but that can be removed bu taking out the stitching....

oh, and only like $1200 RRP or sammat..

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    I have a Shift M1 suit, from Motomail, RRP $1300 I think. Pretty good fit, I really like it, and I also have 2pc from Quasi.

Really, you can't take our advice yet. Each brand of suit fits differently. European suits tend to be skinny and small, whereas american allow for a little more around the chest/gut.

Best you first try a few brands, Quasi, Shift, Spool, Spidi, Alpinestars etc, and see which cut suits you best. Quasi can also do custom sizing, if you want that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    NC700X XR250 MTS1200
    Blog Entries
    with the NZ $ at such a good rate. You can get anything from the US.

I have a A* 1pcs suit from http://www.motostrano.com/
    newbie since August 2004....
    VTR250 (retired) / SV650S (Fw:Keystone19) / GSXR750(given up) / CB400(traded for 919) / CB900 Hornet / CBR954 (traded) / CBR1100XX (sold) / TuonoR (sold) / CB900 Hornet / NC700X / MTS1200 / XR250

Bike
    2008 KTM SuperDuke R
    The Rev'It one piece got some good reviews in the UK. And the fit's likely to be consistent with the two piece you had.

Bike
    nun
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapf View Post
    with the NZ $ at such a good rate. You can get anything from the US.

I have a A* 1pcs suit from http://www.motostrano.com/
    +1

10 chars

:slap:

Thread Information