Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Bike! Bye Bye GN.

Bike
    GSF250
    Quote Originally Posted by skelstar View Post
    ...and more excited than a GSXR1000K5 owner taking delivery of a new GSXR1000K6...
    Well Hell Yea.... of course I am very excited, I might actually be able to pass cars safely now, and it sounds awesome!!
    " It appears that the website has become alive. This happens to computers and robots sometimes. Am I scared of a stupid computer? Please. The computer should be scared of me."

Bike
    Ducati V4S Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    heehee, will let you know if its a good choice tomorrow when I have to ride it over the Rimutakas!! Just a little nervous!
    Hey Mel! that is fantastic news you have made a new purchase! Can't wait to see the pics of the new beasty!! Awesome mate!

Bike
    06 CBR600RR
    So todays the day? Did you manage to get ANY sleep last night?

Ride safe, enjoy it, and you had better come round and show it off when you have had enough riding for the day

I can't ride tho as I'm grounded until the weekend after yesterdays behaviour
    We do not live to eat and make money. We eat and make money to be able to enjoy life. George Leigh Mallory, 1922

Bike
    99 RSV Matte Mille, Bus 150 & 121
    You get into some blue/red trouble yest Brent? ....or did the missus tell you off
    "If life gives you a shit sandwich..." someone please complete this expression

Bike
    06 CBR600RR
    Nah. I had a really good TCWNR to Wainui Coast road, but then I had a really shit ride back from the Hutt.

Was not concentrating on what I was doing and was riding all over the show, crossing centreline and all (gave myself, ronin following and oncoming cars a hell of a fright when I crossed yellow lines on exit of moonshine bridge going north). I wasn't going fast, I was not giving the bike the attention and respect it needs. Even after stopping and having a V my riding didn't improve.

Not good, might just take a day or two to clear my head before riding again.
    We do not live to eat and make money. We eat and make money to be able to enjoy life. George Leigh Mallory, 1922

Bike
    99 RSV Matte Mille, Bus 150 & 121
    Hmmm sounds like a bit of a worry? *scratches head*

Good approach though...
    "If life gives you a shit sandwich..." someone please complete this expression

Bike
    DL650
    YAY! i finally found this thread!

CONGRATS girly and as for you kinje *tut tut*
    Go on, click on the pic for larger version!

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Yep and we're all waiting for the pics!
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    GSF250
    Pics soon!!!

I picked the bike up this morning and was fine going down the motorway... brilliant really. Up the hill was cool, took it easy, didnt even go as fast as I usually do on the GN.... but going down, I was hopeless. Got the gears all wrong.

This bike is going to take alot of getting use to, and alot of practice is needed to get smooth gear changes. Its going to take time to get the feel for this bike, as I was trying to ride it like a GN, which kinda doesnt work!! Hmm but I love it, will stay positive and practice, practice, practice!!!

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Good on ya Mel, just take it nice and easy and build up as you get a feel for it. You'll it of course.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    2018 Ducati Monster 797
    Blog Entries
    Well done Mel Mel, you'll get there chick, bring on the pics (and the weekend eh!)

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinje View Post
    Nah. I had a really good TCWNR to Wainui Coast road, but then I had a really shit ride back from the Hutt.

Was not concentrating on what I was doing and was riding all over the show, crossing centreline and all (gave myself, ronin following and oncoming cars a hell of a fright when I crossed yellow lines on exit of moonshine bridge going north). I wasn't going fast, I was not giving the bike the attention and respect it needs. Even after stopping and having a V my riding didn't improve.

Not good, might just take a day or two to clear my head before riding again.
    Man what are we going to do with you? After you told me about your cornering at Easter weekend I thought it was weird when you were shaking your head coming down the 'takas last Sunday and I'd intended then just to cruise behind you but basically had to pass and get on with it even on my 28hp 250. Can you do something about trying to get it smooth and think ahead - change down gears early - think two corners ahead and be ready to tip the bike in - be proactive and not reactive. If you do that you can take all corners with the power slightly on and not the other way - panicking and having to back off. I don't know what else I can say except is your bike set up well? Tyre pressures at manufacturers recommendations? Have you got the reach of your front brake lever and the back brake lever set up just right for your body size? If you start running wide, keep the throttle on slightly but apply a bit of back brake, its amazing how that turns you around the corner more. Just keep trying stuff and see what works for you.

Mel sorry to steal your thread here but I don't want your 'rapa boy coming to grief.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    2006 r6
    alright new bike time! wihoo wihoo and wihoo.
    congrats and may you go mad on it safely
    [SIGPIC]Little-RED-rinding-H O O D
    http://www.alexmonteith.com/work_detail.php?id=34#

Bike
    2000 Honda CBR600F4, RG50/GL145 Bucket
    "Pictures at 10" ... ????

Bike
    2023 MT 09 SP
    Quote Originally Posted by skelstar View Post
    ? ....or did the missus tell you off
    YES I BLOODY DID!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scared the bejesus outta me
    Quote Originally Posted by Mully
    The mind boggles.

Unless you were pillioning the sheep - which is more innocent I suppose (but no less baffling)

Thread Information