Page 101 of 249 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3725

Thread: VFR owners' thread, for VFRPS members and prospective members

Bike
    vfr400 NC30, SRX600 project
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    thanks for that. Mine dont have it fo' sho'

I'm not used to riding with clipons now, plus I have an Ohlins shock which is longer than stock. No ground clearance issues now! (well, except when standing my arse is too close to the ground )
    Not used to clipons? What are you usually riding?

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Icemaestro View Post
    Not used to clipons? What are you usually riding?
    I havent had a sportsbike for road use for years. I'm old, yo'. And still 18 at heart.

So I am too often too tempted to wind it up. and on a sportsbike its like, first gear, second gear, third gear "Ooooh there's 180kph" and look, now I get to walk home.

Plus they're uncomfortable as fuck, you can only put one person on them etc. So I've had Honda 750's, Honda Hornet, now I have a Triumph Scrambler (its for sale too.....) and the VFR for trackday jollies. And a 125 cc scooter to go to work on (3.05l/100km!!!!)
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    I havent had a sportsbike for road use for years. I'm old, yo'. And still 18 at heart.

So I am too often too tempted to wind it up. and on a sportsbike its like, first gear, second gear, third gear "Ooooh there's 180kph" and look, now I get to walk home.

Plus they're uncomfortable as fuck, you can only put one person on them etc. So I've had Honda 750's, Honda Hornet, now I have a Triumph Scrambler (its for sale too.....) and the VFR for trackday jollies. And a 125 cc scooter to go to work on (3.05l/100km!!!!)

Haha +1 for the scrambler, I want an older style bike like a GB 400 or something and turn it into a cafe racer or a cafe bobber.

Bike

Is the fuel economy about the same on the scrambler as the vfr? haha nice, what kind of scooter? The wife as a suzuki AN125 which I've had to ride every so often..drives me nuts only going 90k's though :-P

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Its an AN125. its hilarious. I ride it like a pushbike but I dont have to pedal, its awesome. Plus so practical round town: fit a weeks worth of groceries under the seat and in the topbox, carry all sorts of shit on it no worries, and being a 125 it is quick enough to keep up with traffic. I wouldnt have a 50: you're just a moving target.

Scrambler and VFR is about the same fuel economy for sure: the Triumph has LOUD pipes and a K & N, and been rejetted though.....

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenMistake View Post
    Haha +1 for the scrambler, I want an older style bike like a GB 400 or something and turn it into a cafe racer or a cafe bobber.
    A GB400TT Mk 2 was the first brand new bike I ever bought.

Bike
    A GB400TT Mk 2 was the first brand new bike I ever bought.
    Heh..Ya not that old then! Only about the time I was born ;-).
    I've been real tempted by a cbx250rs up the road from
    Me going for cheap..my first bike and it did 28-32km/l...No topbox though, that'd be awesome! The vfr underseat storage is a little limited..

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Me going for cheap..my first bike and it did 28-32km/l...No topbox though, that'd be awesome! The vfr underseat storage is a little limited..
    yeah its pretty crammed up with the fuse box in there, I have a question (I have a 2nd hand bike, so no luck of a tool kit) There is a small compartment on the right side (sitting on bike) under the pillion seat that sits below the subframe, what exactly is that for? seems like a real prick to get anything out of it, im always losing shit down there haha, found a 3 month old apricot that I took to work and assumed it had somehow fallen out jammed in it.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    I should have bought the CB250RS that was sold in chur chur last month with a blown motor. It was really good cosmetically and registered and warranted. An XL500 motor fits right in with minor modification.... unfortunately my cash flow last month sucked arse for little stuff like that. I spent it all on setting up new offices and crap.

Bike
    VFR400 NC30 "Silver Surfer"
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenMistake View Post
    yeah its pretty crammed up with the fuse box in there, I have a question (I have a 2nd hand bike, so no luck of a tool kit) There is a small compartment on the right side (sitting on bike) under the pillion seat that sits below the subframe, what exactly is that for? seems like a real prick to get anything out of it, im always losing shit down there haha, found a 3 month old apricot that I took to work and assumed it had somehow fallen out jammed in it.
    Jafa puts a can of coke there, from memory, to have with the pie that's in the centre part of that compartment... Could never tell if he was just taking the piss or not, though

Bike
    '09 DR-Z400SM; '89 VFR400R, '78 RD350E
    Make sure that you put the can in the side compartment under the pillion seat, and the pie in the middle section. If you do it the other way around, the can can move about while you're riding and work it's way into a position where it jams the lock mechanism. Which can be rather vexing to remedy, especially while you can smell your pie, and know that it is getting cooler with each passing moment.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    I'm off to shoot a dairy owner and steal a hundred bucks from his till, if he dies, it's the dumb curries fault for not wearing a bullet proof vest.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddad View Post
    New Zealand, where cows are happy, men are men, sheep are nervous and horses are fast because they heard about the sheep.

Bike
    VFR400 NC30 "Silver Surfer"
    Called AJ today to see how the bike was getting on. He said that everything has arrived, so he'll be getting to it shortly.

I mentioned that someone else on KB was having problems with those fairings and AJ admitted that, had he known they were coming straight from China, he would have told me to steer well clear. He is going to leave the mudguard and rear section alone entirely and try get the front fairing fitted up. If it looks like it's all turning to shit then I'll be trying for a refund as well and maybe getting some fibreglass fairings instead.

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Lmao, I have had that problem with my CBR 250 when I had it, put some K under the seat and couldnt get it out :[ ..

Anyways on a different note, anyone have a spare 40k?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=383933894

Bike
    Oh yup. But apart from china/eBay, oem ex japan (cost arm leg and kidney) and tyga, where can one get fairings from? Google showed one uk site but I think Chinese probably too?

I'd rather this http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=383073233 cheaper too

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Oh yup. But apart from china/eBay, oem ex japan (cost arm leg and kidney) and tyga, where can one get fairings from? Google showed one uk site but I think Chinese probably too?

I'd rather this http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=383073233 cheaper too
    reminds me of a zzr with a single swinger.

Thread Information