Page 148 of 249 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 3725

Thread: VFR owners' thread, for VFRPS members and prospective members

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Quote Originally Posted by ecko_nzed View Post
    Once you get the motor out of the frame they're not too bad. some tricky bits if you don't have the right tools, but they come apart pretty easy. I'll give you my opinion on the going back together soon.....

If I ever get my crank and heads back
    Haha deleted my post because my 250 does not have a cassette gearbox. No idea where i got that from. Complete brain fade tonight.

I am really good at taking things apart. Not so good at putting things back together.

Bike
    Too many to count
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    One in every ten shifts from first to second results in hitting neutral. Every other gear is smooth but first to second can feel rough. Does the NC30 not have a cassette type gearbox?
    mine (nc35) isn't one in ten... maybe one in one hundred.... that said it might be higher... happens a few times a week (100-200km/week commute)

the feel through the foot shift suggests some metal on metal sliding contact, ie selector drum or forks... anything really which could in turn lead to improper loading (& subsequent unloading) of gears

Quote Originally Posted by koba View Post
    If you are going to go split it you may as well get the parts in there machined and undercut. It's not all that expensive and should give a better result, sure I't means the bike might be off the road for a bit longer but it's gotta be worth it.
    but i just want to fix it!

I don't need to split it to take a look.... just take the lid off, that's all! (crying on the inside)

Very, this box is a 30 tho.
    30, 35, not fussed!

Bike
    Too many to count
    Haha deleted my post :

These bikes really do sound like absolute cunts to work on. Mechanics must try and hide when someone brings one in..
    they are designed for little japanese hands.

They're also designed for racing - ie it's actually a pretty good setup if you drop the motor and plan on doing everything

Mechanics by and large don't even seem to know what they are..... I recommend taking NC30s to mechanics with specific NC30 experience - it's the difference between 20 minutes skilled labour or 3 hours exploratory surgery. AJ at motohaus can have them stripped down and balancing carbs in 20minutes flat!

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post
    Mechanics by and large don't even seem to know what they are..... I recommend taking NC30s to mechanics with specific NC30 experience - it's the difference between 20 minutes skilled labour or 3 hours exploratory surgery. AJ at motohaus can have them stripped down and balancing carbs in 20minutes flat!
    Now that sounds good!

See quite a few NC30s in at Honda Hamilton so I would imagine the know what they are up to. I also know one of the boyds motorcycles mechanics has owned one and I was talking to a parts dude there today who currently has one. So I would like to think Hamilton mechanics are familiar with the bikes. Although I would like to check out AJ at some point thanks to the good word put out in the thread.

Bike
    07 fz6n. 07cbarrrr600
    Blog Entries
    If I do find them I'll let you know and I can bring them along to the next bucket meet...
    Yo. You should have a look for that gear box bro. I have a draft plan of how to go about this. I think I could do a pretty good job of it all. Even if the gears are helical cut. Which I think they would, as they are not as noisy as straight cuts.

The only thing I would need to pay for is material cost (I'd use EN39b) and case hardening.
    Fkn crack up. Most awkward interviewee ever i reckon haha.

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by gatch View Post
    Even if the gears are helical cut. Which I think they would, as they are not as noisy as straight cuts.
    Pretty sure they are straight cut. Except maybe the primary drive.
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    1989 Honda NC30
    Pretty sure they are straight cut. Except maybe the primary drive.
    Straight cut:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nc30raceengine072.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	155.6 KB 
ID:	259016
    #24 1989 Honda NC30

Bike
    07 fz6n. 07cbarrrr600
    Blog Entries
    Flag it, just got a new job. Won't be able to get it done in a month.
    Fkn crack up. Most awkward interviewee ever i reckon haha.

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750
    Quote Originally Posted by gatch View Post
    Flag it, just got a new job. Won't be able to get it done in a month.
    oh no what will keth do or did you give him a black eye

Bike
    '09 DR-Z400SM; '89 VFR400R, '78 RD350E
    Blast.

Saw a NC30 steering dampener on TM for $60 this morning, so watchlisted it and hoped for some luck in a couple of days when it closed.

Then the blasted seller added a buy-now for $60 when I was out driving trucks, and some lucky blighter snapped it up.

No bling for the NC30 any time soon then.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    I'm off to shoot a dairy owner and steal a hundred bucks from his till, if he dies, it's the dumb curries fault for not wearing a bullet proof vest.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddad View Post
    New Zealand, where cows are happy, men are men, sheep are nervous and horses are fast because they heard about the sheep.

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJafa View Post
    Blast.

Saw a NC30 steering dampener on TM for $60 this morning, so watchlisted it and hoped for some luck in a couple of days when it closed.

Then the blasted seller added a buy-now for $60 when I was out driving trucks, and some lucky blighter snapped it up.

No bling for the NC30 any time soon then.
    Anything tagged with NC30 gets emailed to me daily by trademe. The damper was emailed on the 2nd but I must have skimmed over it. I would have snapped it up as well.

Bike
    1989 Honda NC30
    Anything tagged with NC30 gets emailed to me daily by trademe. The damper was emailed on the 2nd but I must have skimmed over it. I would have snapped it up as well.
    I saw the damper and thought about it, but I really don't think you need one on the NC30! I have ridden my bike fairly hard and the only time I have ever got the bars to slap was running off the track and going dirt tracking over the bumps!
    #24 1989 Honda NC30

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Quote Originally Posted by lukemillar View Post
    I saw the damper and thought about it, but I really don't think you need one on the NC30! I have ridden my bike fairly hard and the only time I have ever got the bars to slap was running off the track and going dirt tracking over the bumps!
    I'm a sucker for buying shit I don't need.

Photo of the bike I took this morning. I think it came out quite well (if you ignore the over exposed background)

Name:	unitag.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	536.6 KB 
ID:	259083

Bike
    1989 Honda NC30
    I'm a sucker for buying shit I don't need.

Photo of the bike I took this morning. I think it came out quite well (if you ignore the over exposed background)

Name:	unitag.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	536.6 KB 
ID:	259083
    Nice! looking pretty tidy.
    #24 1989 Honda NC30

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Harvd View Post
    Cheers for the offer but Yeah they are different, different to even the Vfr400 which i was hoping would be the same. If i get desperate i could always get the two cracks welded and hope?
    well if you take to engineering oufit with good quailty gear the welding make it as good as new unless the casting is cracked all over

well what mean by that the casting just showing signs of just pain old age not just stress fracture

But considering castings much better material these days not old shit metal as my old boss vic whould say die cast 60s crap

Also i forget what you model is i got nc 21 also on the way if you want swap parts that be fine also as long got something to use myself

or do serach on ebay i got replacment for my vfr 750 just have to pay for it that and footpeg and mudguard all brought.

Thread Information