Page 197 of 249 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 3725

Thread: VFR owners' thread, for VFRPS members and prospective members

Bike
    NC30s

Quote Originally Posted by Icemaestro View Post
    Okay sweet. Had any good bites yet? I'm not such a massive fan of the rwb scheme but do like the sound of a nice stocker given I can't get my hands on an rvf. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hah, I'm reasonably keen, but the damn thing is in Wellington. I'm trying to come up with a creative (cheap) way of getting it to Hamilton without blowing my already blown budget.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinz0r View Post

Hah, I'm reasonably keen, but the damn thing is in Wellington. I'm trying to come up with a creative (cheap) way of getting it to Hamilton without blowing my already blown budget.
    hitchhike down ride back
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    vfr400 NC30, SRX600 project
    I did a 10$ nakedbus down to bulls to pick up a cbr600 a few years back..was late nov though and still freezing through the desert road!ive definitely considered buying it! What puts me off is the work I've up into this on the carbs, fork seals, that it has the bmw shock, cartridge emulators and a half system...feel like is be making a mistake to go to a stocker...

Bike
    NC30s
    Quote Originally Posted by Icemaestro View Post
    I did a 10$ nakedbus down to bulls to pick up a cbr600 a few years back..was late nov though and still freezing through the desert road!ive definitely considered buying it! What puts me off is the work I've up into this on the carbs, fork seals, that it has the bmw shock, cartridge emulators and a half system...feel like is be making a mistake to go to a stocker...

Yeah I bussed to palmy to pick up my last bike. Rode back through a bloody gale. Storms on the desert road are not fun.
    'Spose I could do that again, just need to pay more attention to the forecast.
    theoretically speaking, if you were to sell yours, how much would you want for it?

Bike
    vfr400 NC30, SRX600 project
    Id have to sit down and work out what I've spent, probably between 3 and 3.5k

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by badlieutenant View Post
    If they had put the reg/rec in the right place it would have been even more reliable
    True dat.
    On my VFR750, the R/R went, so I rewired everything in the circuit from the alternator, through the R/R and to the battery, with thicker gauge wires, then mounted the R/R where the horn goes, on a thick piece of aluminium plate, in the breeze. Can't remember where the horn went to; prolly under the front fairing.
    Bought the VTR1000 shortly afterwards, and despite having been through the drama of having the R/R fail on the VFR, AND having mounted a voltmeter on the VTR's dashboard, I entirely missed the fact the R/R was throwing a spazz. Faffed around, bought a new battery, then finally twigged and replaced the R/R. Well, at least I eventually worked it out.

On the VFR800, all I did when I first got the bike was fit a PC fan on top of the R/R. There's vents in the rear side cowl, so it seems to get plenty of cooling. Been like that for nearly 10 years, and (as far as I know) it's the original R/R still. If so, it's now 13 years old, without a hint of misbehaviour.
    So it will probably fuckout next week now...
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    1986 honda vfr 750f, dr650 tardish
    Quote Originally Posted by vifferman View Post
    True dat.
    On my VFR750, the R/R went, so I rewired everything in the circuit from the alternator, through the R/R and to the battery, with thicker gauge wires, then mounted the R/R where the horn goes, on a thick piece of aluminium plate, in the breeze. Can't remember where the horn went to; prolly under the front fairing.
    Bought the VTR1000 shortly afterwards, and despite having been through the drama of having the R/R fail on the VFR, AND having mounted a voltmeter on the VTR's dashboard, I entirely missed the fact the R/R was throwing a spazz. Faffed around, bought a new battery, then finally twigged and replaced the R/R. Well, at least I eventually worked it out.

On the VFR800, all I did when I first got the bike was fit a PC fan on top of the R/R. There's vents in the rear side cowl, so it seems to get plenty of cooling. Been like that for nearly 10 years, and (as far as I know) it's the original R/R still. If so, it's now 13 years old, without a hint of misbehaviour.
    So it will probably fuckout next week now...
    the one where the R/R fails thermally (looks good under load but get her warm and woops, there's a boiled battery) was the 2nd R/R for me. I did the same pc fan trick on top of the R/R heat sink, hooked up to the petrol pump and always rode with the lights on (I figured this lessens the load on the R/R, but I dont know for a fact if this helps). 10 years no problems either.
    Oh except for the fuel pump. Apparently once you've done alot of kays the points start to die. Brian Bernard and a few others thought it was a sticky float. Behaved like it was. Random loss of power/fuel. Wait for a while and there wouldn't be a problem. If ever your pump fails due to points go on wemoto and buy replacements. New they were 33$. Waaay cheaper than a new fuel pump. (300$ ?) Some soldering required
    dont break your cake

Bike
    NC30s
    I bought Luke's NC30 that's on trademe at the moment, just need to get it shipped from Wellington now!

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    I bought Luke's NC30 that's on trademe at the moment, just need to get it shipped from Wellington now!
    Sweet Get it here quick so we can go for a ride

Bike
    NC30s
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    Sweet Get it here quick so we can go for a ride
    Should be here next week some time, I'll let ya know! Keen for another Raglan ride, I've got another learner mate who got an EX250 awhile back who should be able to tag along by now.

Bike
    NC30
    Nice one! You should ride it back, I did Tauranga - Wellington today.. I wont lie, I'm sore

Bike
    1993, Honda RVF400
    Blog Entries
    I find about 60 mins stints to break up a long trip work best for me on the RVF

Bike
    1993, Honda RVF400
    Blog Entries
    So word to the wise, when rebuilding your motor, pay special attention to bearing selection. But on the brighter side, spare motor seems to have a viable crank

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by ecko_nzed View Post
    So word to the wise, when rebuilding your motor, pay special attention to bearing selection. But on the brighter side, spare motor seems to have a viable crank
    Spill......
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    1993, Honda RVF400
    Blog Entries
    Rebuilt my motor about 15,000 Kms ago. Didn't realize that there are different bearings for front and rear conrods. That caused a wee knocking noise to start. Result is fucked journals.

Thread Information