Page 198 of 249 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 3725

Thread: VFR owners' thread, for VFRPS members and prospective members

Bike
    1993, Honda RVF400
    Blog Entries
    Annoyed with myself, because I took my time with the rebuild, to make sure I did it proper. I AM A DICK!

Bike
    NC30s
    Bike was delivered yesterday, but I was in Rotorua so had it delivered to a mates house. Picked it up tonight, phwoar they're a good fun little bike! Was a lot more entertaining to ride than my ZX6R. It just wants to fall into corners, but it feels so stable. Brilliant!
    Riding position worked well for me too, I'm a tall lanky bastard and I was less bent over than on the ZX6R, which is good because I have some lower back issues.

Will give it a good clean and wax tomorrow + adjust everything to my liking, and then post a few pictures.

Any recommendations on an aftermarket exhaust for one of these? Bit of a sewing machine with the factory can aren't they.

Bike
    NC30
    Quote Originally Posted by ecko_nzed View Post
    Rebuilt my motor about 15,000 Kms ago. Didn't realize that there are different bearings for front and rear conrods. That caused a wee knocking noise to start. Result is fucked journals.
    That sucks mate.

A mate of mine the other day who is rebuilding his NC30 engine said he's having a hard time figuring out which bearings are for his engine. I understand not all years of nc30 engine have the same big ends also?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinz0r View Post
    Bike was delivered yesterday, but I was in Rotorua so had it delivered to a mates house. Picked it up tonight, phwoar they're a good fun little bike! Was a lot more entertaining to ride than my ZX6R. It just wants to fall into corners, but it feels so stable. Brilliant!
    Riding position worked well for me too, I'm a tall lanky bastard and I was less bent over than on the ZX6R, which is good because I have some lower back issues.

Will give it a good clean and wax tomorrow + adjust everything to my liking, and then post a few pictures.

Any recommendations on an aftermarket exhaust for one of these? Bit of a sewing machine with the factory can aren't they.
    As a fellow tall lanky nc30 rider, I still sometimes wish I had something a bit bigger I've read SV650 clip-ons fit nicely and are a bit of an improvement, I may look into this sometime.

My bike has a Moriwaki exhaust which sounds quite nice, not too loud but you can certainly hear more than just the cam gears. In my opinion it isn't the prettiest though...

Bike
    1993, Honda RVF400
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mark247 View Post
    That sucks mate.

A mate of mine the other day who is rebuilding his NC30 engine said he's having a hard time figuring out which bearings are for his engine. I understand not all years of nc30 engine have the same big ends also?
    Engine cases, cranks and conrods all vary in size. There is pretty much an A, B, or C bearing for each depending on the combination you have.

But don't trust me.... I got it wrong

It's in the Hayes manual, I can photo copy the info if you like?

Bike
    NC30
    Quote Originally Posted by ecko_nzed View Post
    Engine cases, cranks and conrods all vary in size. There is pretty much an A, B, or C bearing for each depending on the combination you have.

But don't trust me.... I got it wrong

It's in the Hayes manual, I can photo copy the info if you like?
    No need to copy. He was telling me he has two manuals, a Haynes and a one other ( cant remember writer ) and they both have different bearing sizes for the same engine number.. eeek! He has no idea which one is correct.

Bike
    1993, Honda RVF400
    Blog Entries
    No need to copy. He was telling me he has two manuals, a Haynes and a one other ( cant remember writer ) and they both have different bearing sizes for the same engine number.. eeek! He has no idea which one is correct.
    The Haynes one was spot on for the NC30 & NC35. I just missed the bit that talks about there being a front and rear for each color

Bike
    1987 GPX 250

Tyga have a lot of parts for the NC30. They do some sweet looking exhausts http://tyga-performance.com/site/ind...ath=72_1036_83

Bike
    NC30s
    Would love one of those double stack full systems, but price is a factor haha.
    Might see whats pops up locally, maybe HDC has something in his boxes of bits?

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Just saw your post in Online Trading...

No such thing as a slip on for the NC30. You have to go full system or do a cut and weld.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Would love one of those double stack full systems, but price is a factor haha.
    Might see whats pops up locally, maybe HDC has something in his boxes of bits?
    No motor parts at all now, bar some air box covers I found the other day. and I have lost the plate that goes with the frame I have which is a pisser. It might turn up.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    NC30s
    After a wash and a wax + adjusting various cables etc to my liking.
    Apologies for the shit photo, was in a bit of a hurry to get home before the rain set in (was at a mates place where my tools are).

Bike
    NC30
    After a wash and a wax + adjusting various cables etc to my liking.
    Apologies for the shit photo, was in a bit of a hurry to get home before the rain set in (was at a mates place where my tools are).
    Looking nice man! Are those original fairings? The V4 sticker etc looks slightly different

Bike
    NC30s
    Looking nice man! Are those original fairings? The V4 sticker etc looks slightly different
    Haha good spotting. Looks like the upper and side panels are fibreglass, but the tail is original.
    Colours match nicely though, and there is some extra gold pinstriping

Bike
    NC30s
    Did some spannering yesterday to fix up a few small problems.
    Had a bit of a crap idle, and bogged down a little when accelerating from a standstill at 2kish rpm. Choke caused an immediate stall even when stone cold.
    Luke had cleaned the pilot jets and set floats not too long ago, so I reset the a/f screws to 2 turns out and seems to have fixed these issues, just need to balance carbs now to get idle perfect.
    Those A/F screws are bloody difficult to get at! Makes me appreciate my old Bandit 1200, where everything on the carbs was exposed and accessible.

Just have a few questions about rear suspension; I've seen a few options for replacement shocks (CBR600, RS250 etc) and was wondering if these will be significantly better than the 1990+ adjustable unit (Luke was kind enough to chuck one of these in with the deal when I bought the bike).
    Is it worth just having the 1990+ standard unit rebuilt, or will I get better bang for buck going with a CBR600 or RS250 etc.

I can't afford fancy aftermarket like Penske or Ohlins, but I would quite like to get something a bit stiffer (currently using the '89 rear) as I find I am running a little wider exiting corners than I am comfortable with.

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Nitron is what you want! Much cheaper than ohlins. Ok probably still more than you want to spend but I reckon the 1-way adjustable will still be better than anything from another bike.

I think the latest craze on 400GB is the s1000RR shock. The trouble with grabbing a shock from another bike is that you will most likely need a new spring as the spring rate will be wrong.

Thread Information