Page 238 of 249 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 3725

Thread: VFR owners' thread, for VFRPS members and prospective members

Bike
    vfr400 NC30, SRX600 project
    Quote Originally Posted by aff-man View Post
    The actual tail sity pretty low on the back wheel giving it that "whale" look. The new subframe holds the gsxr tail fairing so that it is roughly the same angle as a modern sprotbike.

That being saif I am playing with the idea of a stumpy tail fairing to look like the new MV augusta's. Not quite sure yet.

Currently have stripped out the wiring loom so will be making a new "cut down" version that I can hide within the frame nicely.
    I personally am loving that tail...can you get the exhaust away from the wheel too? Always felt that the tail and exhaust ruined the single swingarm look..at least nc24 they got it mostly out of the way, the vfr800 just looked like a Suzuki scooter's rear end!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    1992 Honda Spada
    Quote Originally Posted by Icemaestro View Post
    More as in fairings/trim, shocks/fork seals, tyres, brake discs, chain/sprocket...all the things that cost lots of money :-) from memory it had a whole lot of rust everywhere too?

Yea its a bit rusty. Its probably going to the tip in the next few days when i have a big clear out

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by 00quattro00 View Post
    Yea its a bit rusty. Its probably going to the tip in the next few days when i have a big clear out
    No..you can't be serious? Haha how much are you looking for it? I wouldn't be able to pick up until somewhere around the stats/weekend after next, as it's a full day coming from Auckland with a trailer

Bike
    Between bikes
    Bloody hell, if only you were down South, I'd make it another excuse to piss the wife off.
    "It's hard to keep an open mind, when so many people are trying to put things in it"

Bike
    1992 Honda Spada
    Quote Originally Posted by Icemaestro View Post
    No..you can't be serious? Haha how much are you looking for it? I wouldn't be able to pick up until somewhere around the stats/weekend after next, as it's a full day coming from Auckland with a trailer

Yea its way more fucked than i thought. Ive got a pile of fucked outboards and other boat shit i need to get rid of this week as i need the shed space befor i go on holiday

Bike
    Yea its way more fucked than i thought. Ive got a pile of fucked outboards and other boat shit i need to get rid of this week as i need the shed space befor i go on holiday
    Well I'm keen, reply to my message and see what we can come up with - will need to know ASAP if I'm to organize something though

Bike
    Does anyone know this guy or have any contact details for him? He said I had to pickup today, have found someone (for a steep price!) but haven't heard back from him, and the day is rapidly coming to an end!

Bike
    2006 Honda VFR800 ABS

Survived trip back from Tauranga

For anyone who happens to be interested I survived the trip back from Tauranga to Wellington without issue. Was a perfect day to do the ride but I certainly couldn't do the bike justice since I am still very rusty after 4 years without regular riding. Also set the tyres to the wrong pressure and only found out when I arrived home. Rides considerably better now.

I've attached a pic of the view of a rubbish bin, the vfr and lake Taupo.

The FI bikes may not have the cam gear whine but they still have a certain whinny noise on enthusiastic acceleration that reminds me of the old 400.

Now to do the Silver Ride Forever course...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0204.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	844.7 KB 
ID:	318105  

Bike
    2014 Honda VFR1200F
    Blog Entries

Vfr 1200

Any others on here with the VFR 1200 ???
    bikes and babes are best naked

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy View Post
    MONEYI don't have any
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    I found I had a fluffy seam when my crotch got wet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lula View Post
    Pussy forget about him.

Bike
    2006 Honda VFR800 ABS
    Quote Originally Posted by jafar View Post
    Any others on here with the VFR 1200 ???
    Haven't got one but very curious whether you chose the auto version or the normal?

I know it is popular to give them hate for some reason but I really do like the styling. I like the idea of the tiptronic style shifting on the auto model after watching a few youtube videos about it.

Bike
    2014 Honda VFR1200F
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phleep View Post
    Haven't got one but very curious whether you chose the auto version or the normal?

I know it is popular to give them hate for some reason but I really do like the styling. I like the idea of the tiptronic style shifting on the auto model after watching a few youtube videos about it.
    I've got the manual version, there are not that many DCT models here.
    Never noticed any hate towards the bike,quite the opposite in fact. But even if there was I wouldn't care. I ride what I like & too bad if no one else likes it.

MONEYI don't have any
    Pussy forget about him.

Bike
    2006 Honda VFR800 ABS
    Quote Originally Posted by jafar View Post
    I've got the manual version, there are not that many DCT models here.
    Never noticed any hate towards the bike,quite the opposite in fact. But even if there was I wouldn't care. I ride what I like & too bad if no one else likes it.
    Glad I was wrong about the hate as they have a unique appeal. I have only seen two in flesh and only briefly. The one at Motomart was DCT so thought they may be common (due to the amazing sample size suggesting 50% were!). Well out of my price range though.

Bike
    2014 Honda VFR1200F
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phleep View Post
    Glad I was wrong about the hate as they have a unique appeal. I have only seen two in flesh and only briefly. The one at Motomart was DCT so thought they may be common (due to the amazing sample size suggesting 50% were!). Well out of my price range though.
    I know of a few others, none of which are the DCT version.

MONEYI don't have any
    Pussy forget about him.

Bike
    05 Bandit 1200, 08 YZF250, 07 RMZ450

New Year new me shit!

I bought a VFR400 NC30 for a project but I aint had time to scratch my arse this year so I'm cashing out. I got other things I wanna do and spend time and money on so....... I will bolt the cracked old fairings back on tomorrow and either stick it on turdme or negotiate here if faster?

It was running couple months ago and put back in the garage where it has sat since. I tried turning it over the week and it wouldn't quite bite, although it was close. I've had the fork seals replaced and the fork stanchions service and de-pitted professionally. New battery, new reg/rec and even got new set of plugs I haven't put in yet but will leave with the bike of course. Rego is on hold for another 3 months (just got the expired notice and got online today, it may have to be caught up the 1month I missed??)

Anyway, it's rough but good bones as they say, paint peeling from wheels since brake fluid was spilt on it. one small dent in the tank, etc.

end of the day, the engine will run, the brakes and suspension do what they are meant to, anyone with a bit of free time and a few tools can make this thing fly again I'm sure.

Price starts at $300 (what I paid excluding the parts and work I did since)....... Whos got an offer and the sooner it's picked up the better as I can't get a second bike in the garage until this one is gone. I am in Mangere Bridge, Manukau.

Happy new year and all that shit too by the way

Bike

VFR owners' thread, for VFRPS members and prospective members

Got any photos, year, kms? ill start that at 400:-)
    I can pick up anytime :-) have a trailer

Thread Information