Page 51 of 249 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: VFR owners' thread, for VFRPS members and prospective members

Bike
    1998 Honda VFR800
    Quote Originally Posted by gatch View Post
    As much as I don't want to admit, I can't afford to keep my vfr, bill payments have made maintainance costs terrifying to the point where if I keep it, it will turn into a shit heap.

So I would rather get rid of the lovely lovely thing while it is still fresh and good.

No good saying that - you need pix and a price to wet our appetites

I love my 98 VFR800 but I have to say I have a fondness for the NC30 & 35. I'm planning to retire in a couple more years and will probably sell the 800 then but maybe I'll get a wee 400 for a spin around the Coro Loop - planning to retire down there and get away from the rat race here.

$hit - glad Er Indoors never visits this site or I'd probably be on short rations for a while...Oh thats right I am already

Bike
    07 fz6n. 07cbarrrr600
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    Fkn crack up. Most awkward interviewee ever i reckon haha.

Bike
    07 fz6n. 07cbarrrr600
    Blog Entries
    Well selling the vfr isn't going to happen now.

Just had an accident on the way home from work.

Wasn't paying attention enough to the opposing road at an intersection and turned in front of an oncoming car.

Bike isn't a wreck but the fairing is toast and there is a hole in the left hand crank case cover.

I'm so gutted.

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by gatch View Post
    Well selling the vfr isn't going to happen now.
    Bike isn't a wreck but the fairing is toast and there is a hole in the left hand crank case cover.
    Bugger, gizz a yell if its up for grabs post insurance? :O

Bike
    07 fz6n. 07cbarrrr600
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiggles View Post
    Bugger, gizz a yell if its up for grabs post insurance? :O
    Not a chance, at least with it being off the road for a while I can now strip it down without it being any more of a hassle than it already is.

Should be mint in a little while.

Bike
    Too many to count

Bike
    Street Triple R
    How much of an arse is it to fit the rear header pipes on an NC30? it looks like a total PITA. Should I have put the headers on while the motor was out of the frame? I could swing it from the front engine mounts and support it on a jack if that made it easier.

Still havent done more than look and soak the studs in WD40 trying to get the nuts off.

On a brighter note, the bits I got from econohonda were perfect, and I even had the right tool to do up the castle locknuts on the two adjustable mounts. So that went well.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    '09 DR-Z400SM; '89 VFR400R, '78 RD350E
    We found that it was easiest (after destroying a number of tools) way was to remove the rear shock and then to hacksaw through the frame to make them accessible. And I'm not kidding.

Easiest way when I bought my Two Brothers system was to get my mechanic to fit it.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    I'm off to shoot a dairy owner and steal a hundred bucks from his till, if he dies, it's the dumb curries fault for not wearing a bullet proof vest.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddad View Post
    New Zealand, where cows are happy, men are men, sheep are nervous and horses are fast because they heard about the sheep.

Bike
    1998 Honda VFR800
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJafa View Post
    We found that it was easiest (after destroying a number of tools) way was to remove the rear shock and then to hacksaw through the frame to make them accessible. And I'm not kidding.

Easiest way when I bought my Two Brothers system was to get my mechanic to fit it.
    That sound a bit drastic. And heres me thinking maybe I'd see if I could find a non-running NC30 that I can do up over time and have a fun bike. One without plastics would be just the job as I'd then be able to justify some Tyga bodywork.

Still I guess thats the fun of bikes..can you imagine cutting the suspension in your Fruad/Commode to get at the exhaust? Oh well I'll just keep looking and if one comes up at the right (cheap) price I'll make up my mind then.

Bike
    '09 DR-Z400SM; '89 VFR400R, '78 RD350E
    Quote Originally Posted by GerryAttrick View Post
    That sound a bit drastic. And heres me thinking maybe I'd see if I could find a non-running NC30 that I can do up over time and have a fun bike. One without plastics would be just the job as I'd then be able to justify some Tyga bodywork.

Still I guess thats the fun of bikes..can you imagine cutting the suspension in your Fruad/Commode to get at the exhaust? Oh well I'll just keep looking and if one comes up at the right (cheap) price I'll make up my mind then.
    Apart from the fact that I cannot, for the life of me, understand why anyone would spend money on Tyga fairings over the originals, don't let my words of doom and gloom put you off.

It is indeed do-able. Just make sure you have beer at hand. (Although not as much beer as we'd had at hand, else it'll end up the same)

And lo and behold, the requested pictures have magically appeared!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SDC10580.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	266.6 KB 
ID:	195966   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SDC10578.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	486.4 KB 
ID:	195967  

Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    I'm off to shoot a dairy owner and steal a hundred bucks from his till, if he dies, it's the dumb curries fault for not wearing a bullet proof vest.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddad View Post
    New Zealand, where cows are happy, men are men, sheep are nervous and horses are fast because they heard about the sheep.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Wouldnt it have been easier to drop the motor out? cutting Mr Frame seems, um, drastic.

Gerry: I have the hell deal NC30 for you..... get in touch.

Bike
    R1150RT
    Blog Entries
    Anybody got a fuel pump for my 1986 vfr700f , with or without the extra little relay box thingy ?

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Are you sure you actually need one? I'm not taking the piss or anything, but I know that many owners of older model VFRs on the VFR Discussion forum have successfully removed their fuel pump, as in many/most cases it isn't really required. It's kind of engineering overkill on Honda's part.
    However, having said that, I don't now first-hand what the dynamics of the VFR700's fuel tank and carbs are, and whether it will function fine without the pump.
    Another option if you can't find one (unless you want to keep you bike in stock OEM condition) is to replace it with some other automotive fuel pump.
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    Too many to count
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    Wouldnt it have been easier to drop the motor out? cutting Mr Frame seems, um, drastic.

Gerry: I have the hell deal NC30 for you..... get in touch.
    takes about 3 swipes with a hacksaw to get through the thin aluminium, and the chassis was a melted mess after someone had a fuel tap oopsie ayway :P

of course, if you want to do it without cuttig the chassis open, remove rear fairings and maybe even the subframe, lift bike by top subframe mount mount or some of the rear engine mounts, and remove the rear shock (or atleast unbolt it at the top)

or pay your mechanic to do it.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post
    of course, if you want to do it without cuttig the chassis open, remove rear fairings and maybe even the subframe, lift bike by top subframe mount mount or some of the rear engine mounts, and remove the rear shock (or atleast unbolt it at the top)

or pay your mechanic to do it.
    Option 1. I had another look at it last night and thats what I will do. the subframe is 4 bolts, shock mount is two.

Thread Information