Thread: Minimoto in Nelson

Bike
    06 r6, 690 ktm duke 3, rs125

Minimoto in Nelson

trying to get some minimoto racing up and running in nelson, we have the possibility of running at the local go kart track, similar to the indoor kart tracks in the larger centres.
    the owner is dead keen on the idea, but we need to find out how they go about it at similar venues elsewhere, what are the osh requirements etc

is anybody that is involved with minimoto racing able to provide any info

Bike
    10 HUSQ TE310, 06 HONDA HORNET 900
    a mate told me a bunch of you nelson lot had a try out on that track out there, ill probably buy one and bring it over if something gets up and going properly, was also gonna look into it over here in blen

Bike
    news travels fast, will keep ya updated

Bike
    2004 VTR1000 - GSXR600K7

Mini Motard Racing in New Plymouth ???

Anybody know if theres anyway we could start sum mini motard racing here in New Plymouth as we have a awesum go cart track now and it'd be perfect for having sum races at. Ive got a 125cc pitty and would be keen as to throw sum road tyres on and have a blast it'd be great fun !!!!!!

Its hard to find good keen people these days tho and anything thats fun gets knocked !!! I HATE PC NEW ZEALAND. Bring back the good old "Kiwi's" cos were all forgeting what were about and who we are. Im 100% proud KIWI !!! But NZ is getting farkin worse people.

Anyway if there are keen people in the naki for this maybe pm me an we can get the ball rolling even if we meet at a carpark sumwhere

Bike
    pocket bike

lovin it

i would luv to get into racin my wee thing and im sure one of my m8s would be to if he can get his bike up and runnin. is that track the one that is just out of nelson towards mot?

Bike
    no, not the redwoods valley go cart track, the club there is, lets say, a bunch of wankers

we are trying for the newly extended track in tahuna, bit smaller and more suited for minis

Bike
    BSA A10
    Try Chris or Glen at Street and Sport in Chch, they run (or used to) at the indoor track in Moorhouse ave so he should know what is required

ph 03 366 2201

re the Kart track wankers, the situation we had in Chch was the Kart club was fine with letting us hire the facilities, the residents association found a clause in the terms of use which meant we couldn't, as they are anti racing and would like the track moved
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Some years ago a member of the public (local resident) complained about the Kart Club letting the roller bladers use the track as it was "for Kart Racing only" and got them kicked out.
    They have to be very careful because of consents etc

Thread Information