Thread: 2 Up - Kawasaki GPX250 or Hyosung GT250R

Bike
    2009 Suzuki DR650

2 Up - Kawasaki GPX250 or Hyosung GT250R

I have just been reading a posting by "Jim2" regarding the GT250R.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...=940755&page=2

In that thread, "Wannabiker" mentions going 2 up, up Takaka hill (and also mentions doing the same up the Rimutakas) without any bother, and goes on to say that they could manage to knock out 140Kmh - 2 up on the flats !!

Never having ridden a GT250R, I have no idea what they go like, but today I rode a new Kawasaki GPX250 and found it to be quite an impressive bike, that handled really well. As it was brand new and I was test riding it, I was asked not to go above 6K, so didn't .... but could tell it had a lot in reserve, and obviously would wind up nicely when run in.

When I got back to the shop, my wife sat on the back of it to see how comfortable it would be for a passenger, and she was reasonably impressed. What I noticed was the suspension seemed to compress quite a bit, and we had combined weight of 150KG, ... which isn't a lot, I didn't think.

What I was wondering, is how others find either of these bikes, particularly 2 up. If I was to buy either of these bikes, I may not use one with a pillion that often, but it is worth knowing if these bikes are capable.

As you can see ..... I'm still looking at new bikes in the 250 league
    Thanks for any help.

Bike
    a blue one
    The suspension is a bit soft unfortunately, and the preload isn't adjustable either (unless kawasaki have changed this recently). I've carted a 90kg pillion around a few times on one and it wasn't exactly a joy to ride. I think it would probably be ok if it had an aftermarket shock, but they start at around $800

Bike
    Gone
    Get a RGV250

Bike
    MC21 NSR250 SE
    Hyosung pillion seat is very uncomfortable, it's really not designed for a lengthy stay. But it does have a grab handle that's very handy. don't think it wallows as much compared to the GPX when somebody sits on it. The GPX is a bit more powerfull though.

Bike
    your mum
    Blog Entries
    going brand new have a look at a honda VTR250 way better made bike and a bit bigger than a gpx for two up all the time, got my vtr up to 160kmph two up on the auks motorway

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by breakaway View Post
    Get a RGV250
    yer, they're great two up and for distance riding....

*remembers the days of having a permanently sore ass*

Thread Information