Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frosty's race report AMCC Round 3

Bike
    Honda PC800

Frosty's race report AMCC Round 3

OHH MY GOSH WHAT A FANTASTIC DAY.
    Im still buzzing from the best days racing Ive had in apsolutely ages.
    It was a total no pressure meeting for me and with the promise of my bike handling being Improved heaps (yea right I thought) I went into it with a really relaxed feeling.
    Then I looked at the results for pro twins --bugger me I was in third woohooo
    My races wereback to back
    First F3 practice was a friggin disaster--I Missed the callup--then 2 slow laps into practice a black flag was waved in front of me--It was for the guy I was chasing down but I pulled in thinking my crankcase repairs had sprung an oilleak. --2 laps later and It was all over --by a freak of chance I made 7th grid --so still second row start --yeehaa
    Pro twins practice --well it was a buzz -the sound out of a racing Buell's exhaust at full noise is something well worth hearing.catching and passing an aprillia 1000 in the corners then having him dissapear down the straight in an angry howl or burning rubber is something else --literally he would dissapear from sight.
    Somehow I qualified in 2nd for the first pro twins race-
    All My F3 races went about the same except thanks to Shaun I got faster all day I got much better starts than I have before--really getting in amongst and staying with the front runners---yeehaa AT LAST --- The difference is that every race my confidence in the bike improved and so did my self confidence --In the last race I was chasing down two guys who had severely kicked my ass in the nationals --going a fraction of a second faster than them every lap-I diddn't quite catch them but it was great just to be back up there mixing it up with them.Best placing i think was 7th but most important my lap times are cionsistantly back down in the 1.08's ---BLOODY majic.
    Pro twins--Now that was a total BUZZ -
    Out there racing with Ducati race bike,Buell race bike some bloody big 950cc ktm tard and a gaggle of other twins.
    I got demon starts--3erd into turn 1 and into Castrol--but id get smoked in the straights.
    But holding off guys on much faster machinery just made my day --well untill they found the legs to just totally smoke me down the straights--I kid you not that aprillia was like a bullet out of a gun down the back straight --I'd chase him down from the hairpin up over the hill -close down on him through Jennian and through the esses--I'd have him for dinner exitting castrol-then BANG --off goes the gun and he's gone --off like a shot.
    End of the day I felt like --Ohh yea baby THIS is what racings all about--good mates,good racing--good times.
    OH YEA BABY BRING IT OHHHN

Thanks as always to madduck--pit crew extrordinair.Thanks to Shaun harris--FINALY the beast semi handles.
    Many thanks to -Haldane motorcycles,Cycletreads,dean automotive,

When I get my feet back on the ground Ill edit this up as a propper race report
    Last edited by FROSTY; 30th April 2007 at 23:35.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    2010 Yamaha XT250, 2008 BMW F650 Dakar
    Yep...I'm still buzzing too! It's so damn addictive isn't it!
    Exploring pastures anew...

Bike
    aprilia
    a long report please frosty, i bet you relaxed and your lap times came town....

Bike
    empty garage )-:
    and didn't crash!!??
    "...New Zealanders, for all their faults, have virtues that are precious: an unwillingness to be intimidated by the new, the formidable, or class systems; trust in situations where there would otherwise be none; compassion for the underdog; a sense of responsibility for people in difficulty; not undertaking to do something without seeing it through - "
    Michael King

Bike
    Honda PC800
    AND I HAD A FRIGGING BALL
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    SUZUKI road & Kawasaki race bike
    awesome dude.... was cool to see you there with a grin on your face....
    glad i didnt hold you up out there either.... you flew past me in that first race!
    Taking it to the track thanks to: KIWIBIKE INSURANCE & PIRELLI TYRES, EXPERIENCE MOTORCYCLES, EBC Brakes, SUPERSPROX Sprockets, TSUBAKI Chains, RST Leathers, REPSOL Oils, FutureGrafix, Autolink

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Yea but nicksta--whohad the bigger grin when I did--you or me?? ---becha i matched ya grin for grin

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX1100 Turbo
    You looked great out there Frosty!

I was watching you through castrol and you had that stretch nailed! I flintched something proper when your front wobbled coming around onto the back straight!

Who the smeg was on that green blurr of a bike that was pulling minute times??

No4 in the 125's was amazing! I saw him overtake three bikes through that last sweeper
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary - that's what gets you."
    Jeremy Clarkson.

Kawasaki 200mph Club

Bike
    dirty ns2fiddyr
    a happy frosty is a good frosty!! well done!!
    Boyd hh er Suzuki are my heroes!
    The best deals, all the time!

Bike
    XB12R, FXR150, Ducati 400ss, 1125CR
    well it was a buzz -the sound out of a racing Buell's exhaust at full noise is something well worth hearing.catching and passing an aprillia 1000 in the corners

what a ride so far!!!!

Bike
    A Tractor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kickingzebra View Post
    a happy frosty is a good frosty!!
    Mate! You're not kidding. Was one of the better days at the track. Great to have that smile back....well done Mr Frosty.

Bike
    GSXR450
    Twas good to see a smile on ya face mate
    I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots! ALBERT EINSTEIN

Bike
    600RR3
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco Dan View Post
    Who the smeg was on that green blurr of a bike that was pulling minute times??
    Was probably Carey Briar in F1. I didn't see a bit of him. Lucky the races weren't 10 laps, else I would've see him as he lapped my sorry arse.

Glad that you're enjoying it again Frosty. Stink to see anyone not having a good time on a bike.

Bike
    4 strokes is two too many....
    Frosty

Excellent, glad you enjoyed it again as your Rd2 report last month sounded like you were quite "flat" after it all.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Yea TS- I'd totally done my head in --convinced myself i'd "lost it"
    Now I know racing is a real "head" game but I really believed it was my riding that was at fault not the bike. It took Dougal and Shaun to convince me the setup on my bike was er well--Non existant

Thread Information