Thread: Toast - AMCC Rd 3

Bike
    600RR3

Toast - AMCC Rd 3

Had heaps of fun, even though I failed my own expectations, which probably were too high.

Shaun had tweaked the suspension a couple of weekends back, and I was certain that I'd be able to cut a couple of seconds off of my best of !:05.5 at the last AMCC round.

I was slower than that for the most part though, which pissed me off. Apparently I dropped a couple of 1:04's at the end of an F2 race when I'd made a couple of massive mistakes, and was trying to catch Mark on the red 675, but it was the inconsistency that really annoyed me.

Thanks to Shaun though, 'cos the bike is waaaay better now. It turns in faster and is way more stable in to, through and out of a corner, as well as being heaps better under brakes. Hardest thing is adjusting the brain to the new found abilities of the bike. I found myself constantly braking 50m or more too early (even after proving that I could do it that much later), and still staying off the gas too long for fear of running wide like it used to. Happy with it though, 'cos I know it's gonna be heaps better in future.

Highlights of the day:
    -Dicing with Eddie in F1 and Mark (red 675 fella) in F2. Close racing is soooo much fun. I still have no balls passing in to a corner!!

-Surviving the single biggest slide I've ever had. Coming around the first left after the hairpin, on the gas, I feel the ass kick out and hear a huge screeching of tyre. I held the throttle constant and weighted the pegs. I thought it was all over and almost chucked it away, but it came back around real fast and nearly threw me out of the seat. I just managed to get it back under control, and went to get back on the gas, but the bike had cut out on me. Presumably the tilt sensor had been tripped, which is pretty freaky.

-The bike didn't pop out of gear, the brake lever didn't come back to the bar, the rear tyre is no longer polishing the shock mount, and the front brakes are no longer binding on the wheel (gotta help with the brake fade issues), so well stoked about that.

Can't wait for Taupo on the 20th

See ya all then.

Bike
    Mid 80s superbike, Mid 00s superbike
    Keep at it mate, you'll get faster and fasterer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    Ok im coming out of my closet just this one time , I too kinda have a curvy figure which makes it worse beacuse im a guy. Well the waist kinda goes in and the bum pushes out. When I was in college the girls in my year would slap me on the arse and squeeze because apparently it is firm, tight... I wear jeans
    .....if I find this as a signature Ill hunt you down, serious, capice?

Bike
    2010 Yamaha XT250, 2008 BMW F650 Dakar
    Awesome effort Phil! You have come so far in just a couple of months! Fantastic!
    Exploring pastures anew...

Bike
    GSXR450
    Keep at it Phil, when we do those forks yours, I am sure there is time to be had there alone
    I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots! ALBERT EINSTEIN

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    good stuff phill!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    GSX-R600 K6, 07 CBR600RR
    Sounds like you had fun Phil, that's what its all about really isn't it?

Bike
    SUZUKI road & Kawasaki race bike
    awesome dude!!
    was cool watching you dicing with Ed out there....
    roll on VMCC ay!
    Taking it to the track thanks to: KIWIBIKE INSURANCE & PIRELLI TYRES, EXPERIENCE MOTORCYCLES, EBC Brakes, SUPERSPROX Sprockets, TSUBAKI Chains, RST Leathers, REPSOL Oils, FutureGrafix, Autolink

Thread Information