Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Movies worth watching

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
     Blade Runner rates with Bambi as one of my favourite movies. What about 70's movie Warriors or Rollerball. I was sad enough to go watch Silver Dream Racer at the cinema, but I guess you need a base line to compare otgher films with

TTFN
    Legalise anarchy

Bike
    Something red and quick
    (Being on mental breakdown for the past 3 days with nothing to do, I went to see the new releases)

2Fast2Furious is alright....C for acting, C for storyline (but a bit better compared to the first one), A for special effects, B for the cars if you like them

Charlie's Angels is alright....B for acting, A for special effects, B for storyline, D for realism (total comical fiction).

Hulk is good. Ang Lee is The Man!

Now.....Terminator 3....hmm.......can't wait
    Elite Fight Club - Proudly promoting common sense and safe riding since 2024
    http://1199s.wordpress.com

Bike
    Registered. For now...
    There is an Aussie film from around 1974 called Walkabout. Thin on story, no humour, but the photography (cinematography??) and imagery is utterly awesome.
    ACC - It's where the Enron accountants all went.

Bike
    98 HondaRS125
    Seen the trailer for the MotoGP based movie FASTER,
    looking foward to seeing that when it comes out.
    Luv it!

Bike
    GSXR750 K4
    ahhh.. is this the long awaited motorcycle movie 'fast and the furious on bikes' that I heard about last year perhaps?  Any sign of footage that shows MotoGP bikes chasing each other on roads ala. Charlies Angels (the first one) with the Indy cars?

200hp bikes on roads.... mmmmmmmmmmmmm *drools*

Whens it due for release??

Bike
    98 HondaRS125
    seems more like a documentry-check out the trailer on www.motogp.com
    look under video,free content.
    (ever wonder why a trailer is infront of the movie,sounds like something kk would do)
    Luv it!

Bike
    GSXR750 K4
    http://www.motorbikestoday.com/news/...e_previews.htm

Oh well, so it's not a 'movie with plot' movie but it may well be worth it... probably a lot of awesome camera work not normally seen that will make it well worth while! nice if  it was on Imax!

Bike
    HMX 5000
    Originally posted by Marmoot
    Charlie's Angels is alright....B for acting, A for special effects, B for storyline, D for realism (total comical fiction).
    Now.....Terminator 3....hmm.......can't wait
    the missus made me take her to Charlies Angel's yesterday, and I aggree with your ratings, but you must add an A for tits and ass (without this its 100% cheese)

T3 will be the next to see, I wouldnt waste my money on 2F2F or any other shite thats currently on.

As for classic movies on video, has anyone else seen the Australian movie "Bad Boy Bubby"?
    this is a must see, about a guy (about 30) whose Mum keeps him looked inside their 1-bedroom flat for his entire life by telling him it was poisonous outside, and wearing a gas mask everytime she leaves/enters the flat. He ends up getting out and joining a band.
    farken funny, espically when he tells a copper directing traffic to "get out of the way you greedy bastard!" (he mimics what others have told him)

a couple of (US/Harley) motorcycle classics:
    Harley Davidson and the Malboro Man
    Easy Rider

Ducati del Mondo Superbike Campione!

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
    Went to see Matrix reloaded and then The Hulk at the weekend. Enjoyed both, though the matrix looks as look it's taken a wild branch after the end of the last film (which I watched on video afterwards). It's got a few good twists, and some arty bits, but on the whole the fight scenes for me are overdone and too long.

The Hulk, was more like the comic book version than the Lou Ferrigno TV version. However the film was extremely slow in places and the ending reminded me of Highlander, where it just sort of fizzled out after a big special effects ending.

I'm looking forward to T3, though I doubt that it will compare with the original.....or with Terminator 3D at Universal Studios.

TTFN
    Legalise anarchy

Bike
    gone
    that bad boy bubby still gives me nightmares, but then so does deliverence. you forgot to warn people about... incest with mother, cruelty to cats, murder by gladwrap, prison sex...

i'm worried about t3 as the first 2 were my all time favorites as a kid. James Cameron isnt doing it so who knowswhat style it'll be in.

anyone see lou ferrengo's cameo? with stan lee, comicbook creator of hulk, xmen, spiderman...?

Bike
    2001 Suzuki RF 400

Did anyone else get sucked into going to Russian Ark ?  I thought it was really heavy going and disappointing.

Came out wanting to go see a movie.

Everything is always okay in the end.
    If it's not, then it's not The End.

Bike
    XJR1200, Honda CB1/400
    Originally posted by BestFun

Did anyone else get sucked into going to Russian Ark
    At the risk of being ridiculed as an arty-farty, pointy-headed intellectual w*nker, I would have to say that I found Russian Ark one of the most stunning films I have ever seen. Although there were some moments of tedium in the middle, the final ball-room sequence made up for it and left me speechless in amazement and admiration.

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
    Oh so Stan Lee and Lou Ferrigno did a cameo in The Hulk ?? Let me guess....they were security guards

TTFN
    Legalise anarchy

Bike
    Ducati 400ss

Talking

Anybody seen that old bike movie - 'Easy Rider' pretty hard case but well worth wactching

An old bike movie I've never seen but heard some good talk about, is Quadraphoenia (or something like that). Am I the only one whos heard of these movies!!!!

Bike
    HMX 5000
    yup, I seen Easy Rider.
    2 guys (Peter Fonda and ??) in the '70s doing a road-trip across the US on Harley's. peace, love and drugs

I mentioned this earlier, as well as the more modern:
    Harley Davidson and the Malboro Man

saw this once a few years ago, will watch it again if I see it on DVD for hire somewhere....
    Ducati del Mondo Superbike Campione!

Thread Information