Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's next?

Bike
    nuffin
    Quote Originally Posted by rookie View Post
    For a step up i wouldnt hesitate to get a 600 except that i dont need to go that fast....
    Silly boy. Who ever said anything about need? Nobody needs a bigger bike, but we wants one - oh yes we do.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr. Suess

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    Anything is possible, but i would recommend a cheapie first - then you can be more reckless and refine 'exactly' what you want.
    400's are good value these days - and seem to hold their price well.
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    '02 Kawa' KLX250 & Bucket
    Thanks for all the great feedback people, has really made me think about what I should be looking at moving onto next

GSXR600 or Daytona 675 would look great in a 20 year olds garage I think
    Been, seen and going next year.
    Paeroa, world famous in NZ

Bike
    2000, Suzuki GSX 1200y "Inazuma"
    Definately keen on getting a cagiva raptor 650 as my next bike. Looks awesome, and the seat height is ideal for a short-arse like me.

Bike
    2010 CB600, 2007 ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Bandit View Post
    Silly boy. Who ever said anything about need? Nobody needs a bigger bike, but we wants one - oh yes we do.
    I _need_ a bigger bike because feel (and look) awkward on my smaller bike.
    And having accelleration in any gear incase of emergency is something you can never take forgranted in my opinion.

I've had a very hairy moment where a nutcase on the motorway was weaving in and out of traffic at about 140+ kmph, he was coming up fast and I barely managed to get up from 110 to about 120/30 to move out of the way as he was coming up my ass.

Now if I had a bigger bike, I could have not only avoided that with ease, but I could have also caught up even easier and knocked off a side mirror or two..

Just kidding..

.....really.

Bike
    none...
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy L View Post
    When i got back on Rookies 250, it was like wheres the "go go" as the mighty 600 disapears into the distance
    You just gotta learn how to ride on the corners and stop relying on the bike to catch up on the straights.

Quote Originally Posted by zeocen View Post
    I _need_ a bigger bike because feel (and look) awkward on my smaller bike.
    Get a Hyosung 250...haha

I've had a very hairy moment where a nutcase on the motorway was weaving in and out of traffic at about 140+ kmph, he was coming up fast and I barely managed to get up from 110 to about 120/30 to move out of the way as he was coming up my ass.
    get a zxr

Just kidding...
    Nah man good call
    Quote Buddy L:"The bike's like BOOM, the motor's like BOOM!
    the exhaust is like....b-BANG!!
    the whole bike's like WAAAAEEEEEEHH!!!"

Bike
    2010 CB600, 2007 ZX14
    Why would I get either a hyosung (apparently slower than a gpx) or a zxr (which still isn't as good as a 600, and the age is getting on.) when I could easily get a decent 600 or even a litre bike for the same price... ?

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by $CENSLS1$ View Post
    Thanks for all the great feedback people, has really made me think about what I should be looking at moving onto next

GSXR600 or Daytona 675 would look great in a 20 year olds garage I think
    Tis the natural step up thing, but food for thought though...when i got my 600 sportbike, i didnt have it for long cos i knew i wanted bigger, while the 675 is nothing short of drool, you can pick up an 06' Daytona 955i for quite alot less

Bike
    none...
    Why would I get either a hyosung (apparently slower than a gpx) or a zxr (which still isn't as good as a 600, and the age is getting on.) when I could easily get a decent 600 or even a litre bike for the same price... ?
    hyosung...because its bigger
    zxr...because its faster
    age doesnt matter...its illegal to go for an under 16year old anyway, but the sky's the limit for those who are inclined....hang on...whats the issue with age??
    Quote Buddy L:"The bike's like BOOM, the motor's like BOOM!
    the exhaust is like....b-BANG!!
    the whole bike's like WAAAAEEEEEEHH!!!"

Bike
    2010 CB600, 2007 ZX14
    Uh, I'm going to assuming you're just trolling, rather than being that thick and quoting my post that answered what you just posted (Apart from age, in which 15-20 years is a lot of technology improvement).

Bike
    '02 Kawa' KLX250 & Bucket
    You think maybe you two could discuss the differences in age via PM so we don't too far off topic??
    Thanks
    Been, seen and going next year.
    Paeroa, world famous in NZ

Bike
    04 GSXR 1000
    Blog Entries
    I was on a FXR 150 and got a ZX6R it was a big jump but I wasnt stupid when I was greeted with all that power in a bike.

A bike is only as dangerous as how you ride it. Why? because you control it.

After the Ninja decided it didnt like its rear brake system anymore, I decided to buy a GSXR600.

They are very light bikes, and you can really lean them over in twisties. I'd reccomend a gsxr because it dosent have alot of get up and go compared to the ninjas.

Then again SVs are also really good.

Just look at your riding style, purpose and what you intend to do when you get it. (eg. weekend riding, commuting etc)

At the end of the day just remember that it'll take a wee while to get used to your new machine.
    My bass is such a slapper.......I cant stop fingering those strings

Thread Information