Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's next?

Bike
    '02 Kawa' KLX250 & Bucket

What's next?

Hey people,
    I was wondering what everyone else is thinking of getting once they've finished with their 250s and can move on to something bigger??

I would love a GSXR600 or Daytona 675 once i'm finished my 'apprentiship' on the 250..Is this being over ambitious???

Thoughts please
    Been, seen and going next year.
    Paeroa, world famous in NZ

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    If you are sensible and restrained then no problem. It's a big jump from what you are on now.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    -
    I'm keeping mine once I `graduate', even if I do get a bigger bike . I keep reading about people who used to have a 250RS and remember it very fondly, or go and buy another later down the track. Of course these people happen to be Poms and Japanese, so perhaps their viewpoint is a little skewed.

However... GB400/GB500. Or something nice and old and unreliable, like a T120 or similar.

Bike
    '14 Multistrada 1200S
    ummm....i went from a NS250R to a GPz900R then left biking for 10 years, then got the NC21

....and i still haven't got a full

(soon tho)
    F M S

Bike
    nein
    I'd like a 600 sportbike... CBR or R6 ideally.

GB400tt and NC30s really take my fancy though.
    QUOTE=Fub@r -Don't get the GN............get yourself a nice naked V-Twin

Bike
    50cc Motard
    I'm just looking forward to test riding as many bikes as i can 'till i find the one i like.

Bike
    08 RMZ250

Thumbs up

i went from a 89' zxr250
    to a 02 gsxr600
    now iv'e got a 06 gsxr 600
    people say that its a big jump, but for me it didn't seem like much
    sure they have a heap more power and go faster. comes in handy for passing traffic.
    But they are just the same as a small cc bike to ride.
    Your only going to get bitten if your stupid on the thing
    eg. out riding your skill level.
    i haven't propley rode a litre bike yet. but for what i did, i found even easyer then the 600, more toque and smoother through the rmp range. Didn't wind the thing out, that would have scared me, just crusied on it. Knowing how much money i had between my legs keeped the speeds to the legeal limits

Bike
    Sprint - but mostly jog

Cool

Any of your 600 sporties is quite a sizeable jump in hp over your road 250s. But it probably comes down to your riding style. If you lean into corners hard there's going to be little difference on a bigger bike.

Watch out for the extra torque pushing corner to corner as you'll accelerate harder and the corners will come at ya quicker. Also you'll be carrying that extra speed into the corner so tyre selection important but, again, all your sporties are already shod with fairly decent rubber.

Personally you look like a Daytona 675 man to me (40ftlb at 4000rpm), but i could be wrong

REESE: YOU GOTTA LEARN TO DRIVE WITH THE FEAR.
    RICKY: <<COUGAR ATTACKS RICKY>> OH MY GOD!
    REESE: THERE AIN'T NOTHING MORE FRIGHTENING THAN A LIVE COUGAR RICKY! CONTROL YOUR HEART RATE.

Bike
    '08 DR650
    i went from an rgv to a gsxr750... same year, similar handling, the overall power of the gsxr is noticable but the 250 taught me clutch control and to be easy on the wrist.

Having said that, i've now done 10,000 on the gsxr and im only really cranking it through the revs now, before now i think i probably road it so it gave a similar response to putting on the power as the rgv did

Bike
    900 Hornet, Preddy, RZ's, A100's
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xerxesdaphat View Post
    I'm keeping mine once I `graduate', even if I do get a bigger bike . I keep reading about people who used to have a 250RS and remember it very fondly, or go and buy another later down the track. Of course these people happen to be Poms and Japanese, so perhaps their viewpoint is a little skewed.

However... GB400/GB500. Or something nice and old and unreliable, like a T120 or similar.
    Aye, I be doing the same - in fact, I will never get rid of any bikes I get! I was looking at getting a GB400 from 'tardme the other day! (till someone bought it using the buynow )

For me, I'll be getting the bigger brother to my little ol'Hornet and for a sprotsbike, I'm looking at a CBR600 also - something to fang around a trackday. Also drooling over dirtbikes at the moment also!

Yes, I am crazy. Yes, I am not sensible. If I was, would I be riding bikes?

Eventually I will end up with one of each brand and all the various engine configurations (got the I4, two-stroker...missed out on a nice single...)

So, yeah - sounds like you got the right attitude!
    "I like to ride anyplace, anywhere, any time, any way!"

Bike
    Honda CX500 "Shithawk"
    I'm thinking of a 400. Either another 400 (one for the road, one for offroad) or a Morris Minor. I would kinda like a car...
    I just sold my very first bike, the old GN250, it was sad to say goodbye but oh well.
    Determined to kill my bike before it kills me

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701
    I went from a ZXR250c to a gsxr 600 K4. Pretty smooth transition, could power wheelie instead of having to clutch it up like on the zxr...stoppied are still not as good as I could do on the ZXR though.
    Nail your colours to the mast that all may look upon them and know who you are.
    It takes a big man to cry...and an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701
    PS - I now love my gsxr with an un-dying passion. Yes I would prefer the extra horses, but damn does she look ever so sexy in black and orange, really brings out the colour in my leathers...yes they are black too...
    Nail your colours to the mast that all may look upon them and know who you are.
    It takes a big man to cry...and an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

Bike
    none...
    Im still doing the 250 thing but ive ridden a duc 1000ds, vtr1000 and BuddyL's ex k1gsxr...oh and a hyosung gtr250.

The litre v-twins were awesome...so rider friendly...heaps of grunt at any revs and still good handling...espechially the duc(although the duc killed the wrists). It felt so calm at speed as the engine didnt feel like it was trying. The gsxr was crazy though...that thing felt fast although probably didnt accelerate any harder was just the way that the power was delivered which made it seem harder.

With all bikes, the brakes werent much better than those on the 250 so braking from speed was a bit of a shock
    Quote Buddy L:"The bike's like BOOM, the motor's like BOOM!
    the exhaust is like....b-BANG!!
    the whole bike's like WAAAAEEEEEEHH!!!"

Bike
    BMW R1200s
    I haven't riden anything other than a GN250 (not counting the CB250 I did my handling course on).

I really like the look of the Kawasaki ED6 (called the Ninja 650 in the US)

Seems to strike a nice balance between power and ease of use.

But purely on looks alone , an R1 - there is one parked next to a clients site that I visit a lot.
    It looks like it should be strapped to the underside of a bomber and used as a precision strike weapon.

Thread Information