Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: Kiwi Biker Track Day 6: 28 OCTOBER 2007

Bike
    2004 VTR1000 - GSXR600K7

What a Day

It was amazing !!!!! ..... Days lator and im still buzzing bigtime. My first time out on my little black "Misfit" machine and got my knee down i really dont think my day coulda been any better. Im gunna be scraping me knee again tomorrow yeha !! All i want is dry track. My M3's are perfect for my lil zxr400.
    Bikes For Life "Misfit Racing"

Bike
    Ducati Monster 821
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    Bert --credit where credits due--Skiddy may mouth off in the forums and I will NEVER ride on a public road with him BUT
    I had every marshall watching for him to be a fuckwit and other than somes erratic riding -(pretty normalish for a newbee)He diddnt do anything wrong all day.
    He does need to shut up and listen -given he had the ear of one of the countrys most experienced racers.
    Fair enough, I was just going on what I was told by other riders in the novice group who said they had their lines stuffed up by him.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be quoted out of context, then used against you.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by bert_is_evil View Post
    Fair enough, I was just going on what I was told by other riders in the novice group who said they had their lines stuffed up by him.
    not to start an argument or anything, but if the rider in front of you is 'stuffing up your lines' why dont you over take in the straight, slow down, or if they are really annoying, pull into the pits till they are long gone?
    I only posted this because of the global economic crisis

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrocam View Post
    not to start an argument or anything, but if the rider in front of you is 'stuffing up your lines' why dont you over take in the straight, slow down, or if they are really annoying, pull into the pits till they are long gone?
    Or turn the thing sideways under brakes and take them out. That's what Rossi'd do.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    Ducati Monster 821
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrocam View Post
    I was referring to riders that he passed saying their lines were stuffed up by his passing manoeuvre.

My intention in responding to marks post was never to start a skidmark bashing session, I honestly thought it was a great day, well run and everyone had a good time.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be quoted out of context, then used against you.

Bike
    2008 KTM SuperDuke R
    Quote Originally Posted by bert_is_evil View Post
    I was referring to riders that he passed saying their lines were stuffed up by his passing manoeuvre.
    I'm hardly one to talk but in the novice group, there didn't really appear to be much in the way of 'lines'. And this is to be expected.

And from what I saw, skidMark actually did very well. No dodgy overtaking, no arsing about, and he was cornering very well.

Bike
    A Tractor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanx View Post
    I'm hardly one to talk but in the novice group, there didn't really appear to be much in the way of 'lines'. ......
    Oi! I object profusely. I knew where the lines were they just kept moving away...oh hang on that was my riding ...ummmmm as you were!

He made a dodgy pass on me BUT it was not enough for me to get bent and twisted

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Thats why I made the decision to move him up a group so he would be circulating at the same pace as everyone else
    In my perfect world NONE of ya will need to pass cos you'lll be so well set up spacing wise and all at the same pace
    Seeeing as we are using Mark as an example -he was kinda hard to miss in those BRIGHT orange leathers
    He was a perfect example of someone who needed to apply the very old slow down in order to go faster principle
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    2007 R1

Track Day

Hi Guys(R6)

Had a blast, and the others did too. Best moment was when i came out of the main sweeper onto the straight and smoked a R1(Poor guy) he put his head down to pass me but it was no easy feat. LOL

Bike
    Thats why I made the decision to move him up a group so he would be circulating at the same pace as everyone else
    In my perfect world NONE of ya will need to pass cos you'lll be so well set up spacing wise and all at the same pace
    Seeeing as we are using Mark as an example -he was kinda hard to miss in those BRIGHT orange leathers
    He was a perfect example of someone who needed to apply the very old slow down in order to go faster principle
    I was fully loving the guy letting us in one by one! spacing was awesome!
    I only posted this because of the global economic crisis

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    I had to pass people!!

oh wait... I loooooved going around the outside of several people all in one turn
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    '07 Honda CBR1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanx View Post
    I'm hardly one to talk but in the novice group, there didn't really appear to be much in the way of 'lines'. And this is to be expected.

And from what I saw, skidMark actually did very well. No dodgy overtaking, no arsing about, and he was cornering very well.
    For the most part, SkidMark was quite well behaved. This is the first time I've met him and I had only known him through what I'd read in the forums. He's full of energy, which is great however I did witness a fairly dodgy turn he made on steelestring which almost resulted in skidmark hitting steelestring.

I'm not wanting to get at SM just because its SM but it made my heart jump and I can only think what might have happened.

But hey, we all have dodgys every so often!

SkidMark, you're a good rider and I'm sure you'll just continue to get better and better so keep it up!

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    oh wait... I loooooved going around the outside of several people all in one turn
    *ahem*

Same

Bike
    Yamaha FJR 1300 N
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakes View Post
    Hi Guys(R6)

Had a blast, and the others did too. Best moment was when i came out of the main sweeper onto the straight and smoked a R1(Poor guy) he put his head down to pass me but it was no easy feat. LOL
    Thats true no one passed me on the straights either, different story on the corners though.

Bike
    Mid 80s superbike, Mid 00s superbike
    Noone passed me. Do I win?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    Ok im coming out of my closet just this one time , I too kinda have a curvy figure which makes it worse beacuse im a guy. Well the waist kinda goes in and the bum pushes out. When I was in college the girls in my year would slap me on the arse and squeeze because apparently it is firm, tight... I wear jeans
    .....if I find this as a signature Ill hunt you down, serious, capice?

Thread Information