Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiwi Biker Track Day 6: 28 OCTOBER 2007

Bike
    Honda PC800

Kiwi Biker Track Day 6: 28 OCTOBER 2007

THE GREAT KB TRACK DAY 6
    TAUPO RACEWAY FULL TRACK

28 OCTOBER 2007

For all KB members to come and have a ball and improve their riding in a safe, fun environment.

I'M SORRY THERE WILL BE NO MORE PREPAY ENTRIES
    3 DIFFERENT speed/experience levels from novice to racers. 3 SEPARATE groups. Groups will be Slow, Med, Fast. First session will include a novice group. Numbers per class will be limited to ensure a safe track time.

Weather permitting, I promise you won’t go home wanting more track time.
    The track is positively HUGE so don't be worried about holding anyone up or being held up. There's tonnes of room.

There will be a HOT DRINK vendor at the track all day for those that need a hot drink or that caffeine buzz.

A 12 INCH SUBWAY SUB be able to be ordered at sign-on -- delivered at 12.30 ish. There will be a hot food wagon doing hot chips, etc, all day.

St Johns Ambulance WILL be in attendance and there will be trained/experienced marshals around the track.

AND -- Raceline options - AN EXPERIENCED RACER

For the novice, slow or medium guys n gals that are thinking about going racing or are currently racing & specifically want to know a race line around the circuit - I can offer to run around on it for two or three laps at a slow pace , Anyone interested will need to make yourself known to me in the Kiwi Biker pit garage. Groups of up to two or three at a time.
    Look for my silver SV #17, or tap on Frosty's shoulder & he will point me out.
    Cheers
    Glen Williams

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    Plugz 4 Lugz attending TD6
    The Crew at Plugs for lugs have done some major shuffling with my events and will be attending this track day from approx 9a.m until 2p.m, to make earplugs. (There's not enough of us to go around so I'm kinda hoping people will catch up with as originally planned for Nov 4th). Cheers Sue 027 659 1583

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    QUASIMOTO LEATHERS will be setting up right next to the KB sign-on bay -- they will have all their normal goodies-Leathers,boots,gloves back protectors etc. Definitely time to grab a bargain

The folks from Sportsbike will be there with a selection of tasty levers and blingee bits for your bike

ALL FOR ONLY $100 PER RIDER

Payment details are below in the next post.

Places will be strictly on a first-come-first-served basis. Payment is the ONLY way a place is reserved. All the details are in the four posts following.

SO COME ON GUYS N GALS LET'S ALL BE THERE AND MAKE IT A FUN DAY!
    PLEASE READ THE RULES OF THE DAY IN POST 3
    I can be contacted on 0-21-035 4615 or 0-9-832 2557 a/h or
    tfrost@xtra.co.nz
    Last edited by FROSTY; 3rd October 2007 at 20:47.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Below is the confirmed attending list please check your name is on it.
    IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE YOU ARE ON THE CONFIRMED ATTANDING LIST

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NON REFUNDABLE
    If you can't make it the responsibility is yours to fill your spot -but there are always people who leave it till the last minute

PREPAID NOW CLOSED -VERY LIMITED ENTRY ON THE DAY

CONFIRMED ATTENDING --paid in full
    affman
    Alan Berry
    andygraza.
    ArcherWC
    Barbender
    BigG
    Big dog
    boomer
    BRENDAN Kent
    Bugjuiced
    dangerous dan
    dave o
    Deano Ruell
    DEATH INC
    dodgy matt
    DRACO
    DUCKADDICT
    enigma51
    fynn grp 2
    girlygirl
    GIxser
    Gremlin
    Kornboy
    wackyjohn
    DEVIL
    Keystone hanger onner
    KEYSTONE
    Fishb8nz
    goblin
    Lloyd Hollis
    LITTLEMAN
    Mikey27
    MACCA178
    ROAD RASH
    kinger
    El Dopa
    bert is evil
    leong
    STREET HAWK
    DamienK
    wackyjohn
    Kornholio
    aud
    daytony
    TheStranger
    Blair-sv
    HDT boy
    NIGEL H
    Bakes100
    u1ago
    zxrider
    madraiser
    NinjaBoy
    erik
    1 R Gary
    davehowie22
    SHANE SHANE SHANE
    nows-good
    darkrider
    unrealone
    Vee max (or the mysterious bloke who donated money)
    Montsta56
    fast1200
    MSTRS
    paultz250
    JKent
    matblackts1
    M DAVIES
    Morks
    MOMENTUM
    MOTOCOORG
    PYROCAM
    robertydog
    Sanx
    Saul
    SimJen
    skid mark
    STEELESTRING
    Stify
    Surfchick
    two smoker
    trumpy
    WAYMOUTHS
    white belt
    whitetrash
    Zapf
    325rocket

Deposit paid balanceon the day
    Brett
    bennyblanc0 50
    gixxxer 50.
    DVS69 50
    kwakkaman 50
    mrs Kwakkaman 50
    monty Burns
    2 Wheel mad 50

Operations staff
    Frosty
    Madduck
    Dougal
    Jorja
    codgyoldracer--HEAD TRAINING RIDER
    GIXXER4 EVA -RECOVERY

MARSHALLS
    cowboyz
    YUNGTART
    HXC
    meeky mouse

CREDIT to TD7 DUE TO DATE CHANGE
    AJTURBO
    macca 178
    REFUND DUE TO DATE CHANGE
    crazy phrog
    Lealand
    Wayne Fury
    DEATHSTAR
    Last edited by FROSTY; 12th October 2007 at 10:23.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Honda PC800
    ALL ATTENDING TRACK DAY PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY
    Have a read below and it should cover it all off

THE ONUS IS ON YOU TO GET YA BIKE/GEAR UP TO SCRATCH

As a guideline a roadbike needs to be up to WOF standard and a racebike needs to be up to normal raceday sxcrutineering
    READ BELOW for specifics that are NOT NEGOTIABLE

TYRES MUST BE A MINIMUM OF 2.0MM OF TREAD ROUND THE CENTERLINE
    .-- (slicks to have visible wear dots/dimples)

BOTH FRONT AND REAR BRAKES MUST BE OPERATIONAL

BOTH HANDLEBAR LEVERS MUST HAVE BALL ENDS.

FOOTPEGS AND HANDLEBARS MUST BE SECURELY MOUNTED

HANDLE BAR ENDS MUST HAVE SOLID PLUGS IN THE ENDS AND MUST BE FIRMLY SECURED --NO open tube ends -THIS SPECIFICALLY EXCLUDES RUBBER HANDLEBAR GRIPS COVERING THE END OF THE BARS IT MUST BE SOLID
    (PLASTIC WINE CORKS MAKE GOOD PLUGS)

.Mirrors removed or taped up.-again No glass to fall on the track

No leaking fluids.--- OIL/fork oil/glycol/

GLASS headlights to be removed or taped up to prevent glass flying if you crash .Plastic headlights are fine as are indicators

Pack rack uppers to be removed -L arms to be taped over-preferably plugged.(plastic wine corks are good for this )

No sharp/edges/loose parts hanging down/sticking out from the bike this includes front fender and plastic fairing sides--If in doubt DUCT TAPE is your freind. .

Camera mounts are a specific area of concern.they are as a rule not allowed especially any tank mounted ones
    basicly if it might impale you as you rotate forward in a crash or as you fly sideways in a highside then its a no go
    The tank mount type are just plain deadly and it aint negotiable -but those bullet type that tape into the fairing are all good

Chain needs to be correctly tensioned

Its preferable to have you tape over your speedo.(Its just a distraction)

RIDING GEAR
    A full face helmet good fitting with no damage into the shell.
    LEATHER gloves,
    bike boots,
    cudura 2 piece,leather one piece or two piece suit.
    No holes in contact areas
    A back protector isn't compulsary but VERY strongly suggested

THE ONUS IS ON YOU TO MAKE SURE YOUR BIKE/GEAR IS UP TO SCRATCH
    If in doubt fix it. If it isnt up to scratch you won't be going on the track.

Personal conduct--
    This SHOULD not need to be stated But .TRACKDAYS ARE ALCOHOL FREE ZONES -Noone under the influence of alchohol will be allowed on the track and NO alchohol to be consumed whilst the day is running.
    After the day is over is fine
    Riding in a blatently dangerous manner will not be tolerated.
    You need to hold a current motorcycle road licence or race licence.
    If in doubt fix it. If it isnt up to scratch you won't be going on the track.
    I believe this applies to other track day organisers but It would be innapropriate to speak on their behalf
    -2 RULES FOR THE DAY
    1 Show concideration for everybody else out there -THIS IS NOT A RACE DAY
    2 Stick to your line -Dont try to get out of anybodys way or deliberately block.
    3 when overtaking make sure you can do so safely.If in doubt -DON'T
    4 if you see a RED flag waving anywhere on the track SLOW TO CRUISING SPEED and pull off the "race" line THEN pull into the pits via the pits exit straight away -Form back up on the dummy grid . ANYONE trying to sneak an extra lap will miss out on the rest of that session.
    To explain this --Red flag means a dangerous situation.YOUR bike might be leaking oil or the ambulance/recovery vehicle might need to get to a downed rider-we cant do so until the track is clear
    5 If a slower rider is holding you up either use rule 3 or ride slowly through the pits and let em get ahead. -again--it aint a race.
    6) YELLOW waved flag means SLOW and NO PASSING on that corner
    7) Waved Chequred flags at all flag points means end of session. Once you see a chequred flag pull into the pits,DO NOT continue riding -ANYONE trying to sneak an extra lap will miss out on the next session.
    8 when leaving the track pull to the far right side of the track and nearing pits exit hold your left hand up to let other riders know you are leaving the track.
    9 if you are unlucky enough to run off the track-Raise your hand in the air to let us know you're ok.Push the bike away from the track to a safe place -recovery vehicle will pick you up at end of session or you can rejoin if bike is undamaged.The nature of the track means if you crashed in a spot theres a good chance someone else is likely to -If you dont move then I will have to stop the session untill you dont present a danger to yourself or other riders.
    8)dont look back whilst on the track
    9) if you are unfortunate enough to crash (it wont happen but just in case)
    Your bike and gear needs to be rescrutineered before you can go back on the track.
    10) obey the group passing rules to be explained on the day
    11)Dangerous riding has a zero tolerance.You will be sitting out the rest of the day.
    12) the pits speed limit is 40km/h and is NOT a stunt zone--stoppies wheelies etc -I concider this dangerous riding and will treat it as such
    13) The Track is an alchohol free zone -NO alchohol to be consumed in the pits area untill the track closes for the day.-by riders or spectators.(anyone in your pit area drinking is your responsibility)
    14)Spectators are at no time to have any part of their body past pit wall Please make sure all kids are aware of this rule
    15)Photographers/spectators.-nobody will be trackside unless cleared by event control and they MUST wear a fluro vest --- there will be some areas that are out of bounds -this is strictly in the interest of safety
    18) YOU are responsible for your pit area -keeping it safe and keeping it clean
    19)Riders in a training session and their coaches will wear fluro vests or fluro sam brownes please be extra conciderate when passing them
    20)Sesssion flags will be displayed at track control -3 blasts on a foghorn are to tell you next session is up--the flags will be changed to the next session .

Track day timetable
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    7.30am --gates open /pits open.
    8.00am sighn is starts -pay ya money sighn the indemnity form. get your speed group sticker also decide on ya choice of lunch

8.05 -Scrutineering starts-bring ya bike.to event control
    9.00am marshalls brief--a quick run through on what theyll be doing.
    9.15 -Track day brief --a runthrough of what we'll be doing during the day and the track rules.EVERYBODY including spectators/photographers to attend
    9.30 --Ambulance arrives
    9.35 -First group out on the track.-riding gear scrutineered on the line
    12.30-1.00 lunch break --if weather permits a wheelie session will be held during this time
    1.05 -4.30 -more riding.
    4.30---WE ALL help pack up/clean up the place.Please folks --even If ya pick up ya own rubbish It makes our lives easier
    Last edited by FROSTY; 17th September 2007 at 08:28.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Accomodation for track day

Camellia court is the place I usually organise
    They are in Tonga st
    Taupo
    Which is just off Spa road -(The road to the track)
    The place is really nice .
    They have motel units, 1 which will take 5 people 5 will take 3. They have one cabin sleeping 6 and a couple of others sleeping 4 The deal is a warm bed for the night,hot showers and tea/coffee/cooking facilities supplied - as well as the civilised way to do things methinks.

PH-073784346
    If you want a unit give them a call .
    Last edited by FROSTY; 2nd May 2007 at 19:44.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Insuring your bike for track days.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys n gals I've been asked about bike insurance cover whilst on the Taupo Track
    Specificly during a KB track day.
    Once again please let me cover this off once and for all
    Insurance cover /exclusion is the responsibility of the individual rider to organise.
    However as I have made VERY clear in the past
    The Kiwibiker trackday in no way is or ever will be a RACE meeting, pacemaking, a reliability trial, speed test or a timed EVENT.
    What that means in plain english is I (AS EVENT ORGANISER) cannot/will not run a RACE meeting or in any way run timing equipment of any sort.
    I cannot however control the actions of any individual who chooses to use HAND HELD timing equipment such as a stopwatch.
    I will be forced to ask that said timing desists -SHOULD I SEE THE TIMING TAKING PLACE

As with EVERY track day I have ever run there will be specific 1 on 1 rider training taking place during the day.

From day one I have made it clear that my trackdays are for the specific purpose of improving your individual riding skills in a safe,controlled enviroment. As such you could say they have always been rider training days.

Anyone unsure how they individually stand in regards to this needs to contact their insurance company.
    Last edited by FROSTY; 2nd May 2007 at 19:47.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Food --Ill be organising a limited range of subway subs for those that want them to be ordered at sighn on
    There will be a coffee vendor open all day
    For a few hours in the middle of the day a hot chip/hot dog vendor will be open
    Last edited by FROSTY; 13th May 2007 at 10:34.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    PITS/PIT GARAGES.
    ive spoken to JACKY at Taupo track she has agreed to rent out the
    Garages are at the VERY special price of $200 each for our trackday
    I know that sounds a lot but
    For this money you get.
    a 4-6 car sized Garage 10m x10m with fluro lighting.
    THERE IS ENOUGH ROOM FOR 8 RACE BIKES COMPLETE WITH WARMERS /WORK ON THE BIKES--EVEN FULL WHEEL SWAP OUTS AND NO INTERFERENCE BETWEEN INDIVIDUAL BIKES AT ALL -EVERY BIKE CAN COME AND GO FROM THE GARAGE WITHOUT PASSING OR INTERFERING WITH ANOTHER BIKE
    with a bit of carefull positioning Id suggest that even 10 RACEBIKES would be easily done (might be a squeeze)
    The garages are 10.0m square -with 4 single car roller doors -2 each end

To give you an idea how big--they have 4 holden v8 sized roller doors and will fit 4 holden V8's with room to spare
    Running water and (at least) 4 electric power points for tyre warmers electric drills etc.
    The garage will fit a very MINIMUM of 8 bikes with literally room tons of room around em to work on the bikes Id say more likely each garage will without trouble fit 10 -15 bikes if you arent working on em
    10 of ya get together and bingo $20 buck each
    Call JACKY on 07 3765033 to book a garage --or just get one on the day
    Last edited by FROSTY; 4th May 2007 at 15:15.

Bike
    IM MAKING A FEW CHANGES TO SMOOTH THINGS OUT FOR THIS TRACKDAY.
    1)END OF EACH SESSION WILL HAVE A CHECKERED FLAG DISPLAYED AT ALL MARSHAL POINTS.

2)THE LOUD HAILER WILL BE ABANDONED FOR CHANGE OF SESSION BACK TO .3 BLASTS ON THE FOGHORN 2 MINUTES BEFORE SESSION START

3)LUNCH WONT BE UNTILL ALL GROUPS HAVE HAD AT LEAST 2 TRACK SESSIONS.

4)A TYRE DEPTH GAUGE WILL BE AT SCRUTINEERING -2.0MM ON THE CENTERLINE IS MINIMUM TREAD DEPTH FOR ROAD TYRES -
    5)SESSION FLAGS WILL BE DISPLAYED CLEARLY HANGING OFF THE CONTROL BOX

this should smooth out a few of the issues from TD5
    Last edited by FROSTY; 15th May 2007 at 18:44. Reason: Thanks mate
    They shall not grow old as we that are left grow old.
    Age shall not weary them nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the evening,
    we will remember them

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    whats the weather going to be like???
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    fuckin beauteeful

Bike
    Yay, I'll be more organised for the next one then I have been for this one coming up
    I'm not a complete idiot... some pieces are missing

Quote Originally Posted by DingDong
    "Hi... I rang about the cats you have for sale..."..... "oh... you have children.... how much for the children?"

mucho papoosa bueno no panocha

Bike
    Indian Scout
    The weather was good last Nov. for TTD4 so I will be in for this one again Frosty. Thanks again for orgying these events.
    Bit early to start dropping deposits though.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    K3 750
    Am going on holiday around that time, but i think il be in the country. so should be there! and il be alot more organised aswell!!
    saturday morning was a bit of a rush considering that was the time i decided to have a think about prep.
    And thanks again frosty for organising these days!

Bike
    Yamaha FJR 1300 N
    Transfered money on Monday you should have it by now.

Bike
    MVs & Ducatis
    Maybe I make this one eh Frosty, last time was at Hockenheim on the 312R but obviously would rather have been at Frosty's TD5

Thread Information