Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: fzr400 exup

Bike
    2005 Honda CBR600RR
    Will a correctly working EXUP valve help with the bad starting?
    Sleep is for the weak.

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by steved View Post
    Will a correctly working EXUP valve help with the bad starting?
    Good question. I doubt it but I could not see where the valve was stopped. I suspect the hard starting is more down to the suspected poor valve sealing and resultant low compression in 1 and 4.

The next job is to hoik off the carbs and check em out as I've never seen such a black and choked up exhust port. bleaugh!

Cheers

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    The bad starting will be the inlet valves (what probably look like shrooms) on 1 & 4. The exup not working will make it run like a non-powervalved two stroke.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Goose
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim2 View Post
    The bad starting will be the inlet valves (what probably look like shrooms) on 1 & 4. The exup not working will make it run like a non-powervalved two stroke.
    Yes!!! I used to tell everyone that it ran a bit like a "wannabe" 2 stroke. No one could ever explain why and I dont think anyone believed me!.... That makes sense, thanks!

Hope things are going OKish Paul. Im glad to be rid of it but would be stoked for you if you got it running (even semi-OKish) Im also glad to note that I wasnt just "imagining" the problems I had with it. I guess I should be glad that it ran as long as it did!

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8 Jacket View Post
    Yes!!! I used to tell everyone that it ran a bit like a "wannabe" 2 stroke. No one could ever explain why and I dont think anyone believed me!.... That makes sense, thanks!

Hope things are going OKish Paul. Im glad to be rid of it but would be stoked for you if you got it running (even semi-OKish) Im also glad to note that I wasnt just "imagining" the problems I had with it. I guess I should be glad that it ran as long as it did!
    Mate - I'm amazed it ran at all!

I'm only posting problems when I know for sure what they are - there appear to be multiple issues with the bike and I'm amazed the bike shops could not help with what seems to be simple diagnosis. By way of example - I don't know why it's done it but - I've never seen such clagged up exhaust ports on an engine - it's like the choke was full on or something? Its running rich as anything - Can't be normal.

I'd be done with it except for this pesky cold that i can't shake - too tired at the end of the day to be bothered.

These layers of issues build up over time and i cannot possibly determined when they happened or why - I'm just going to try and fix it.

You fancy a ride when it's done?

Cheers

Bike
    Bikes!
    Cables are nice an easy to make mate, do you have the olds ones? Even just the outers? The reason I ask is the the outers are a piece of cake to make, but you really need the adjusters that secure the outers to the brackets, as these pieces can be difficult to obtain.

Bike
    Goose
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Mate - I'm amazed it ran at all!

I'm only posting problems when I know for sure what they are - there appear to be multiple issues with the bike and I'm amazed the bike shops could not help with what seems to be simple diagnosis. By way of example - I don't know why it's done it but - I've never seen such clagged up exhaust ports on an engine - it's like the choke was full on or something? Its running rich as anything - Can't be normal.

It used to rev pretty high when I had the choke on. When it ran it seemed OK, until easter Fri when it was idling at 4000 revs. It always wreaked of petrol fumes...

Looks like I might be getting an A100 as a loaner for a while soon so i'll be quite happy riding the ring-a-ding thanks! ::

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    Cables are nice an easy to make mate, do you have the olds ones? Even just the outers? The reason I ask is the the outers are a piece of cake to make, but you really need the adjusters that secure the outers to the brackets, as these pieces can be difficult to obtain.
    I think Manawatu Motorcycles either makes cable or has a good range of them and half the price of what I could get down here. $65 including delivery (to Wgtn) at a shop down here and $28 including delivery to home from up there..!
    They shall not grow old as we that are left grow old.
    Age shall not weary them nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the evening,
    we will remember them

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by Colapop View Post
    I think Manawatu Motorcycles either makes cable or has a good range of them and half the price of what I could get down here. $65 including delivery (to Wgtn) at a shop down here and $28 including delivery to home from up there..!
    Guys - seriously thanks but I'm more than capable of repairing a cable but these are a bit rooted and first choice is new. The heat and dirt have not done em any favours so I'll price a replacement. if it's too much - out comes the soldering kit. I wonder why they were not protected better?

Cheers

Bike
    We're just concerned for you Paul... You've been sick lately and you know we worry...
    They shall not grow old as we that are left grow old.
    Age shall not weary them nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the evening,
    we will remember them

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by Colapop View Post
    We're just concerned for you Paul... You've been sick lately and you know we worry...
    I have been too - its not funny but really I was considering a new job as a Blues singer - had the real whiskey voice for 3 weeks or more. A day off would be nice but I'm a bit busy at the moment.... (tell you more later)

Anyway - I'm not any less busy now but I am feeling better

Bike
    tedium
    Thread hijack here but I've got a $hitload of fizzy 400 road gear off the racebike. Clocks, indicators & plastics. Can't ever see it going back on the road so I was gonna stick it on retardme when I get a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickha
    Fuck off, cheese has no place in pies
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle
    i would could and can, put a fat fuck down with a bit of brass.

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Thread hijack here but I've got a $hitload of fizzy 400 road gear off the racebike. Clocks, indicators & plastics. Can't ever see it going back on the road so I was gonna stick it on retardme when I get a chance.
    What year and what colour? I need a solid top fairing and blade.

Bike
    tedium

fizzy 400 parts

Mine's an 87 (so I've been told).

I'm after handlebars and brake calipers (preferably 4 potters from a later model).

Seem to have
    2 wiring looms,
    set of clocks (84,000Km)
    Spare temp guage.
    Twin headlights.
    Sidestand.
    Water pump.
    2 digital ignitions
    front and rear indicators
    pillion pad
    seat
    carbs (probably keep them unless someone is desperate)
    RH switchgear
    spare turn/oil/neutral lights
    original end can (might be keeping this)
    another end can (exhaust)
    A red tank cover
    A blue tank cover (on the bike, I'm keeping one of the tank covers)
    Blue tail piece
    All of the original fairing (I think) in various colours. Some with cracks.
    Screen
    An extra top fairing / light surround. One is black, one is white.

I fuggin hate Tardme and as I got the bike for a very nice price from Team Cudby I'd rather sell the bits to other KB'ers and racers.

Piccies of the bits will be on my blog at www.piakocomputers.co.nz before the end of the evening.

I'll be listing the CBR400 (1989) road gear soon as well (I'm always after spare handlebars for that too). I'm wanting to spend the cash on new rubber and other go faster bits (like rider training so I don't crash again .... lol)

Also, I'm after some help from spanner monkeys/pit bitches as my fizzy runs like $hit. Many beer tokens, bike parts and computer thingies are offered in payment as I've got 2 left thumbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickha
    Fuck off, cheese has no place in pies
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle
    i would could and can, put a fat fuck down with a bit of brass.

Bike
    2011 Kawasaki ZX-14 "Monster"
    Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Mine's an 87 (so I've been told).

I'm after handlebars and brake calipers (preferably 4 potters from a later model).

Seem to have
    2 wiring looms,
    set of clocks (84,000Km)
    Spare temp guage.
    Twin headlights.
    Sidestand.
    Water pump.
    2 digital ignitions
    front and rear indicators
    pillion pad
    seat
    carbs (probably keep them unless someone is desperate)
    RH switchgear
    spare turn/oil/neutral lights
    original end can (might be keeping this)
    another end can (exhaust)
    A red tank cover
    A blue tank cover (on the bike, I'm keeping one of the tank covers)
    Blue tail piece
    All of the original fairing (I think) in various colours. Some with cracks.
    Screen
    An extra top fairing / light surround. One is black, one is white.

I fuggin hate Tardme and as I got the bike for a very nice price from Team Cudby I'd rather sell the bits to other KB'ers and racers.

Piccies of the bits will be on my blog at www.piakocomputers.co.nz before the end of the evening.

I'll be listing the CBR400 (1989) road gear soon as well (I'm always after spare handlebars for that too). I'm wanting to spend the cash on new rubber and other go faster bits (like rider training so I don't crash again .... lol)

Also, I'm after some help from spanner monkeys/pit bitches as my fizzy runs like $hit. Many beer tokens, bike parts and computer thingies are offered in payment as I've got 2 left thumbs.
    Don't suppose a FZR400 pillion seat thingy would fit on my FZR400? (Mine's the single-seat version)...
    There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there? -Clerks

Thread Information