Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Consistant non-blind-corner twisties in South Auck?

Bike
    2010 CB600, 2007 ZX14

Consistant non-blind-corner twisties in South Auck?

Well following my new tyre high, my love of actually having fun on a 250 bike has been rekindled to an all time high.

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any good flowing twisty roads that are out there? I only know of a few that are mostly blind corners, I have no problem with blind corners.. what I DO have a problem with is in the back of my head, there's always the thought of "some dickhead in a car is totally gonna be off his lane through this corner, I just know it." and it kinda ruins the fun and I slow down.

And they're new tyres so I don't want to have to put the serious lean on juuust yet.

So yeah, anyone know of any? Anyone's welcome to come once I've found some! Provided it's a quiet road 24/7 it never hurts to practice your cornering!

Bike
    04 GSXR 1000
    Blog Entries
    Only route which comes to mind is going from Papakura - Clevdon - Kawakawa bay.

Nice roads, with sweeping corners etc.
    My bass is such a slapper.......I cant stop fingering those strings

Bike
    900 Hornet, Preddy, RZ's, A100's
    Blog Entries
    Whitford/Monument Rd and Hunuas are all good as well! And SH22 ...
    "I like to ride anyplace, anywhere, any time, any way!"

Bike
    2010 CB600, 2007 ZX14
    Oh wow Monument Road looks all good, I finish at 4pm today so if the weather holds out (looking pretty good, just a slight breeze) I might have to take it out and give it a go!

Or maybe clevedon -> kawakawa, I forgot about that road, a good minute or so of some nice twisties at the end too.

Which ever direction, I'm definately going for a freakin ride today, damnit. Stress levels are too high!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I'm finishing up at school, exams to mark...but meh I can do it when it's not riding light!

I'll come out for a blat if'n your up for it! Otherwise I'll just go blat around myself!

Bike
    07 Hayabusa
    Blog Entries
    Waiuku to Big Bay on the peninsular is pretty cool
    Has it ever bothered you that Therapist is The Rapist if you break the word in two? It bothers me, especially when they suggest hypnosis.

Bike
    red one
    Kawakawa Bay back through via whitford is a good run as well. Just gotta watch out for the Whitford tractors. aka Rangerovers etc that cut the corners.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Okay! Just came back from my blat! Out to Whitford turned back and did Maraetai/Clevedon and then out to the Hunuas, back by boring old SH for the Waikato expressway loop and a fang up the hills.

Should have stayed out longer and did Mercer or summat! Corners were all nice, usual plonkers in cagers cutting across corners and I didn't half give them a fright (just as well I ride conservative lines! )

Road conditions were great. The route I took hasn't been as good as that in a long whiles!

Bike
    2010 CB600, 2007 ZX14
    Ahh sorry Justin I got your PM just before, next time we should definately go for a ride!

I just went to clevedon and back home via Twilight Road since I had to cut it short Still though, I did like Twilight Road, though still not enjoyable as open twisties just for the fact that I always think there's a cager around the corner ready to plow into me!

Bike
    675cc of naked British goodness
    Quote Originally Posted by zeocen View Post
    , I did like Twilight Road, though still not enjoyable as open twisties just for the fact that I always think there's a cager around the corner ready to plow into me!
    Sometimes there is... as I found out a few months back... check scratches on my tank for the proof.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates

"All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind" - Aristotle

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    Thanks guys - always nice to hear about people arranging rides that coincide with my commute home.

Finally inside the door and sipping coffee.

Zeocen - I took you on the road to Kawakawa and back - was my trip that forgettable?

ride Monument Road from Clevedon out to the T Junction at Hunua and turn left - this takes you to Mangatawhiri - turn left again and you are on the road to Kaiaua - follow signs to Kaiaua - mainly open sweepers rather than twisties - enjoy.
    In space, no one can smell your fart.

Bike
    Kwakasaurus Z750s '05
    Quote Originally Posted by McJim View Post
    ride Monument Road from Clevedon out to the T Junction at Hunua and turn left - this takes you to Mangatawhiri - turn left again and you are on the road to Kaiaua - follow signs to Kaiaua - mainly open sweepers rather than twisties - enjoy.
    Ahhhh, I always get lost at the t junction. You been to SH22 yet? It's fun, should hed oot there one day.......

Bike
    GSX-R600 K6, 07 CBR600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by zeocen View Post
    I just went to clevedon and back home via Twilight Road since I had to cut it short Still though, I did like Twilight Road, though still not enjoyable as open twisties just for the fact that I always think there's a cager around the corner ready to plow into me!
    My favourite short ride is to do what you did, but in Clevedon go up Monument Rd ( best open twisties) to the crossroads at the top of the hill, turn round and come home. If you're coming to Clevedon from Papakura, you can turn right into Tourist Road, which has a nice right/left then a straight that takes you to the interesting part of Monument Rd. (Turn right at the Stop sign)

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeak the Rat View Post
    Ahhhh, I always get lost at the t junction. You been to SH22 yet? It's fun, should hed oot there one day.......
    Last time I went down SH22 my friend had a major altercation with cow.

One broken collar bone and a written off Suzuki later.....
    In space, no one can smell your fart.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Ah ... thinking of going on an early morning run down SH22 to Kawhia and then back up to begin work on Dandi and Daisy! Insane1 rang me a moment ago just now wondering what my plans were!

So there will be some consistent non-blind corner twisties out that way!

Thread Information