Thread: Internal circlip pliers

Bike
    93 fireblade

Internal circlip pliers

I'm trying to rebuild the master cylinder on my 600. I've got a rebuild kit but I'm trying to get the circlip that holds the piston in out and need a good pair of internal circlip pliers to do the job. I bought a set of powerbuilt ones from repco yesterday that turned out to be absolute rubbish so took them back. Can anyone recommend a good brand to buy, or somewhere to get them from. Hoping to not spend too much more than $30. Alternatively if anyone's got a pair in Welly I could borrow for an afternoon that would also work!

Cheers

Bike
    Triumph Sprint ST
    I've got a strong pair of internals you can borrow, the tip diameter is probably 1.5mm though... PM if good.

Bike
    Triumph Sprint ST
    For good range, try Toolshed in Thorndon Quay, Trade Tools or Engineering Supplies in Petone.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    if ya get really desperate grind your needle nose pliers down at the end to fit. I have a pair I've used for years.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    GSX-R600K3
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMelon View Post
    I'm trying to rebuild the master cylinder on my 600. I've got a rebuild kit but I'm trying to get the circlip that holds the piston in out and need a good pair of internal circlip pliers to do the job. I bought a set of powerbuilt ones from repco yesterday that turned out to be absolute rubbish so took them back. Can anyone recommend a good brand to buy, or somewhere to get them from. Hoping to not spend too much more than $30. Alternatively if anyone's got a pair in Welly I could borrow for an afternoon that would also work!

Cheers
    When I did mine a while back I got some fuller ones that interchange between internal/external. Then to get them to fit I took the file to the outside of them so they would go down all the way. Could be an option.
    Life is difficult because it is non-linear.

Bike
    2008 DRZ400E & 1983 CB152T
    I bought some for $6 from supercheap autos....they broke the first time I used them. Got the circlip out, but not back in again.

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dhunt View Post
    When I did mine a while back I got some fuller ones that interchange between internal/external. Then to get them to fit I took the file to the outside of them so they would go down all the way. Could be an option.
    I got some like that from Bunnings - they were pretty well made, and not expensive.
    I've given up on Supercrap Autos - every time I go there I'm disappointed. The latest occasion was when I was looking for a trolley jack to do the rear brakes on the Fiat. Their jack on special was ~$189, and looked very crappy. Bought one from Repco that looked better and it was $63!
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    TF125
    HP Will brand Circlip Pliers are the go. Engineering Supplies in Sydney Street P.tone keep a few. They're German, almost the same as Stahlwille, but a fraction of the cost. Tell them you're an apprentice at Unilever and want a 25% discount.

Thread Information