Thread: K&N Filter. Do I, Don't I?

Bike
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R1000K4

K&N Filter. Do I, Don't I?

Is it wise to install a K&N filter along with an after market exhaust before getting a power commander? Will I be doing more harm than good?
    "The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is... tattooed people don't care if your not tattooed"

Bike
    RSVR-BICILINDRICO
    Yes would be the best bet with the other Mods then you can tune the PCiii to all the bits & you will be able to clean the K/N filter rather than buying a new one each service period .

SENSEI PERFORMANCE TUNING

" QUICKER THAN YOU SLOWER THAN ME "

Bike
    2001 DUCATI 900SS
    K&N's have dropped in price due to competition....think it is DNA or something which are just as good.

The advantage of aftermarket is they last almost for ever unlike standard paper ones so in the long run cheaper.

Bike
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R1000K4
    The first thing I do whenever I get a new car is install a K&N. Although a car is not quite the same high performance machine like my Gixxer. I'm just worried that if I do the filter and the muffler but don't end up doing the Power Commdr for say 6 months my bike wont be too happy with me.
    "The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is... tattooed people don't care if your not tattooed"

For a suzuki i would go either BMC, or DNA over k&n if you have to go after market, but alot of info i have read its best to stick with the stock

If you just do a bolt on/air filter, do you don't have to worry about a pc3, the ecu sorta goes a way to fix that

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Read the reviews - K&Ns just don't stack up: they don't let through much more air, but they let through a lot more dirt. There are better (and cheaper!) alternatives. I suspect a lot of the favourable comments about them are akin to urban myths: people who have shelled out big bucks for a K&N and don't want to admit that they aren't as good as all the hype.
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by vifferman View Post
    people who have shelled out big bucks for a K&N and don't want to admit that they aren't as good as all the hype.
    Never bought a genuine GSXR 1000 air filter have you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    Never bought a genuine GSXR 1000 air filter have you?
    Nup.
    Nor a Honda air filter. The manufacturers tend to really over-engineer the things, so while they're excellent quality, the OEM filters are overpriced for a consumable.
    I've had Unifilters on my last three bikes. But if I had to buy a filter, I'd buy a BMC - like with the GSXR1000, they're supposedly the best for the bike (more filter area, better flow).
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Thread Information