Thread: Taupo - VMCC Round 1

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin

Taupo - VMCC Round 1

Very brief race report - so many racers.....so many reports...so little time eh...

Thankfully practice for Post Classic Jnr was dry - had a ball until footpeg came loose, qualified 3rd behind Jarrod Wintle and Chris Sales.

Tightened footpeg and went out for Superlite practice - 11th. (2nd 400 I think behind Jarrod)

Post Classic Jnr Race 1 - Barry New got me in T1 and I tried twice to go round the outside of him at the inside hairpin (T6?), but couldn't hold the corner speed (hit the white line on one go and had a fairly hairy rear skipping out and tank slap).

Then got taken by an RD350 but came back and got him at T5 round the outside and then up the inside of Barry before T6 - pulled it off but some pretty heavy braking into T6.

Footpeg started coming loose again and I lost a position to the RD350.

(Decided to remove the rear set and tighten the thing properly with some locktight after that)

Superlite - heading into T2 of the first lap and Jarrod had gone down in front of me in the greasy conditions - rather than try up the inside on the same line as him I chose the soft option and ran straight ahead onto the grass - was spewing about losing places but then saw the red flags.

Then the day was cancelled.

I was really keen to keep racing because I thought I might be able to get some valuable points on Jarrod, as I'm not sure if he could have carried on or not. Not the best way to do it but I'm sure his ZXR has a few extra ponies than me.

I'm not sure if the points will count but if not a bit disappointing as I beat B'stard and Roadracingoldfart (both guys being my biggest competition).

Anyway - probably the best call by Mal to cancel the meeting. I thought initially a break for 30-60 minutes might have fixed it, but hey, I'm no track expert.
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    Mid 80s superbike, Mid 00s superbike
    Good to see you man, didn't get to watch your races. Thanks for putting Jay up in your tent
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    Ok im coming out of my closet just this one time , I too kinda have a curvy figure which makes it worse beacuse im a guy. Well the waist kinda goes in and the bum pushes out. When I was in college the girls in my year would slap me on the arse and squeeze because apparently it is firm, tight... I wear jeans
    .....if I find this as a signature Ill hunt you down, serious, capice?

Bike
    99 RSV Matte Mille, Bus 150 & 121
    Woo Hoo!!! Go Team Piston Broke!!!

TPB gave me a ride home
    "If life gives you a shit sandwich..." someone please complete this expression

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    Very brief race report - so many racers.....so many reports...so little time eh...

Thankfully practice for Post Classic Jnr was dry - had a ball until footpeg came loose, qualified 3rd behind Jarrod Wintle and Chris Sales.

Tightened footpeg and went out for Superlite practice - 11th. (2nd 400 I think behind Jarrod)

Post Classic Jnr Race 1 - Barry New got me in T1 and I tried twice to go round the outside of him at the inside hairpin (T6?), but couldn't hold the corner speed (hit the white line on one go and had a fairly hairy rear skipping out and tank slap).

Then got taken by an RD350 but came back and got him at T5 round the outside and then up the inside of Barry before T6 - pulled it off but some pretty heavy braking into T6.

Footpeg started coming loose again and I lost a position to the RD350.

(Decided to remove the rear set and tighten the thing properly with some locktight after that)

Superlite - heading into T2 of the first lap and Jarrod had gone down in front of me in the greasy conditions - rather than try up the inside on the same line as him I chose the soft option and ran straight ahead onto the grass - was spewing about losing places but then saw the red flags.

Then the day was cancelled.

I was really keen to keep racing because I thought I might be able to get some valuable points on Jarrod, as I'm not sure if he could have carried on or not. Not the best way to do it but I'm sure his ZXR has a few extra ponies than me.

I'm not sure if the points will count but if not a bit disappointing as I beat B'stard and Roadracingoldfart (both guys being my biggest competition).

Anyway - probably the best call by Mal to cancel the meeting. I thought initially a break for 30-60 minutes might have fixed it, but hey, I'm no track expert.
    Awesome effort dude!!

once again you forgot to thanks your tyre warmer sponser!!! piffft!!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpoos View Post
    once again you forgot to thanks your tyre warmer sponser!!! piffft!!
    Pfffft...when did you thank the person that made your tyre warmers work again poos?

Bike
    SUZUKI road & Kawasaki race bike
    good report dude.....
    like you i was hoping to get valuable points from my home track advantage and short track against more powerful bikes.....
    but i guess manfeild will be the go.....
    well done on the races you did get in!
    Taking it to the track thanks to: KIWIBIKE INSURANCE & PIRELLI TYRES, EXPERIENCE MOTORCYCLES, EBC Brakes, SUPERSPROX Sprockets, TSUBAKI Chains, RST Leathers, REPSOL Oils, FutureGrafix, Autolink

Bike
    I sold it
    Thats the bastard that beat me ------ him at the top grrrr
    Just wait till Manfeild matey

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    Sorry Poos - those warmers are f*%cken great - really good for the confidence in the first few corners.

More than happy to help Jay (Snot) out Gav, - I've had more than my share of help from some peeps out there so happy to pay it forward.

It really is more than racing - a great social atmosphere - wish there was more time to say g'day to everyone..Nicksta, 2 smoker, Death etc etc.....

I still have to say g'day to Shaun.........would love some suspender set up advice....but the suspenders on the CBR are stock so there ain't much to play with.
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    Quote Originally Posted by skelstar View Post
    Pfffft...when did you thank the person that made your tyre warmers work again poos?
    very soon after I heard you fixed them acctually...I txt you!!.....but since you dis honnoured me in public like this...I will do it again...thank you Sean

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpoos View Post
    very soon after I heard you fixed them acctually...I txt you!!.....but since you dis honnoured me in public like this...I will do it again...thank you Sean
    Awwwweee you're a keeper poos.

Thread Information