Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 07 yamaha r1 wins master bike shootout

Bike
    2008 FZ1-N

07 yamaha r1 wins master bike shootout

Just read in the latest AUTRALIAN MOTORCYCLE NEWS that after a three day test at the Jerez Moto GP circuit in Spain, the all new 2007 YAMAHA YZF-R1 has come through as the No 1 Japanese sports bike. Tested by 18 riders from 13 countries including riders like, Randy Mamola, Stephane Chambon and Alex Gobert. It was up against the ZX10R, CBR1000RR, GSX-R1000 & the GSX-R750. Awesome to see Haga get a double win on the R1 as well.
    RIP Phil (Pinky) SHINE ON YOU CRAZY DIAMOND.

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    Well the MV won masterbike, the R1 did win the japanese section as you alluded to in the text....

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Interesting all the comparo's. Superbike and Rapidbikes put the K7 GSXR top of the pile, Motorcycle online snuck the CBR1000 to the top of the pile. The R1 takes it in another comparo. The only one I haven't seen declared winner yet, is the ZX10R............The R1 is more track oriented, the K7 takes it on the road
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    2013 EX300SE
    So...

Look the reality is that most of us wouldn't be able to ride any of these bikes near enough to their limits to appreciate any difference in performance.

Pick the bike/brand that you like and it's good enough to be the best in any test.

Bike
    MVs & Ducatis
    so the R1 took the Jap section, as if I care

Bike
    Yamaha FJR 1300 N
    Quote Originally Posted by MVnut View Post
    so the R1 took the Jap section, as if I care
    BooHoo I'd luv an MV but the R1 is more affordable

Bike
    Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Blog Entries
    I think you'll find that the gsxr- 1000 is and will always be the ultimate sports bike. End of thread hahaha!!!!

Bike
    Wouldnt it be great if we could have a litre bike without all the new technology? I wouldn't want to be looking after it in ten years.

Bike
    08 RMZ250
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwalo View Post

Look the reality is that most of us wouldn't be able to ride any of these bikes near enough to their limits to appreciate any difference in performance.

Thats the point, its all about bragging rights. ( but i can't brag at all:slap: )

Bike
    HONDA EXPRESS

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by WaiYam View Post
    Just read in the latest AUTRALIAN MOTORCYCLE NEWS that after a three day test at the Jerez Moto GP circuit in Spain, the all new 2007 YAMAHA YZF-R1 has come through as the No 1 Japanese sports bike.
    only cos they didn't have an 04/05 zx-10r in the comp

www.PhotoRecall.co.nz

Bike
    Indian Scout
    I'm guessing the gap between the 1000s will be as close as ever anyway. So it's all back to personal taste.
    I think the real praise goes to the Daytona 675 winning two years in a row, with no changes from last year. Ok the Masterbike tests aren't here yet so I'm only assuming that the 07 600s were all in the pot, but couldn't better the 675 with there latest and greatest techology. Mind you 75cc is just cheating a bit too much to call it a fair comparo. 36cc, now that' was cheating under the radar.
    Wait for the 800cc roadbikes to turn up in a year ...or three. Then we will have something to dribble over.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Wait for the 800cc roadbikes to turn up in a year ...or three. Then we will have something to dribble over.
    More revs, less grip, less torque and engines that last half as long?

Joy.

*Edit*

Just realized what I ride...

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    I'm guessing the gap between the 1000s will be as close as ever anyway. So it's all back to personal taste.
    I think the real praise goes to the Daytona 675 winning two years in a row, with no changes from last year. Ok the Masterbike tests aren't here yet so I'm only assuming that the 07 600s were all in the pot, but couldn't better the 675 with there latest and greatest techology. Mind you 75cc is just cheating a bit too much to call it a fair comparo. 36cc, now that' was cheating under the radar.
    well its only a triple

but it has the highest piston speed at 23ms compared to say a r6 at 21ms at peak rev so therefor the motor is more stressed and not as good....... sorta

Bike
    -
    It's missing a cylinder. That's why it's 675cc; it fits in the racing classes (4 cylinder 600cc, 3 cylinder 675cc, is there something for 2 cylinder as well?) somewhere in the world.

Bike
    None, sold.
    Quote Originally Posted by xerxesdaphat View Post
    It's missing a cylinder. That's why it's 675cc; it fits in the racing classes (4 cylinder 600cc, 3 cylinder 675cc, is there something for 2 cylinder as well?)
    750cc - hence the 675, being halfway between a 600cc four and a 750cc twin (Ducati 749).

More interesting has been the debate that has been created by both the 675 and the current superbike series. The theory is that since a four can spin faster it's "fair" that they should be smaller. However, the superbike series has shown Ducati's holding only slightly fewer RPM than their four cylinder bretheren, giving rise to a debate about whether or not they should be allowed larger displacement at all. I think a similar argument can be applied to the 675 which might not have the stratospheric rev limit of (say) an R6, but has no problem spinning up, either.

Dave
    Signature needed. Apply within.

Thread Information