Thread: My first Vic round

Bike
    2007 GSXR 600

My first Vic round

Ok i will say sorry about the spelling now to get it out of the way.

Day started at 4:45am

Draged my ass out of bed had a shower and got myself in a state that I coudl leave the house. Loaded up the car and i was on the road at about 5:20. At cambridge i still felt 1/2 asleep so stoped at bp. Grabed a redbull and a toatie.

I must say its kinda kool watching the sun come up even if ya keep an eye on the road.

I got to the track at about 1/2 7 and found Eddie, Death, Nicksta and aff-man. I asked if i could pit with them becasue they had a roof over their head Thanks Guys for letting me pit with ya

Anyway sorted out all the crap that needed to be done befor getting out on the track. Part of this was finding mud boy and rubbing it in that i was going to kick his ass again

OUt for Qualifying and i was taking it easy only getting my knee down twice for a split second the whole time. Qualifyed 2nd with a 1:27.452 almost 2 seconds down on Kyle in first. that was a bit of a shock.

Race time:
    Lined up on the grid in the middle of Kyle and Eamon shocl kyle's ahdn and wished him luck, then turned and wish Eamon good luck too dont knwo if he heard me.
    Take it easy on the warm up lap trying to settle down. I was Glad to see they gave the 125 guys a head start they were almost at turn two by the time we got the flag. Anyway me beign a numb nuts i had left my bike in 2nd gear and when the flag droped i watch almost the whole field fly buy. I was sitting there going WTF has my bike craped out then i clicked and stomped it into first. Now I had to play catch up. by the 3rd lap I had pased Eamon in 2nd place and was on Kyles ass I was Pushing my little bike the hardest i had ever pushed it. Then I see Kyle Run off the track coming ontop the back stright and I took First Place. Only to have Klye Stuff it up the inside of me big time on turn on the next lap. (Nice work Kyle) Kinda put me off I should have held my line but I lifted the bike up and let him go. DOH!!!! The next person to do that to me is going to end up having a hard choice between running off the track in turn two or having to give up on the pass unless they have a hell of alot faster bike than me. Now i had to play catch up again it was balls to the wall and lose as had knee and peg down on every corner and even had the back end sliding alittle leaving the corners.
    Next lap see the white flag come out and i was pulling Kyle back in coming down the back stirght I see kyle go out wide coming into the last 3 corners and I closed the gap right up under bracking. (seem to remeber Poos and Kraz saying something about go faster brake later and tip in harder) Anyway into the last corner I was right on Kyles ass and i see him take abit of a wide line it was Do or die now there was no way i was coming 2nd there was about 1/2m between kyle and the ripple strip and I went for it. I gost over the line In .

Was a Wicked race I loved it Nice work Kyle hope you had a blast too

my lap times where
    1st: 1:29.401
    2nd: 1:23.757
    3rd: 1:22.909
    4th: 1:23.096
    5th: 1:24.781
    6th: 1:23.290

I was lapping as fast as some of the Back 125gp guys
    I also hold the street stock lap recored at the mo with 1:22:909. That is the first time they ahve been timed a the track so that that bigger deal. But hey i can still say I hold a Lap Recored and sooner or later I think it will change to held a lap recored

Was grate to see 14 bikes in street stock too and BIG ups have to go too Stephanie and Jasmine for their first race Keep up the good work

Gratz to AJ on his new role with the club too if there is anything I can do for you (like keeping Luke inline) let me know

And i have to say Thanks to Kraz again for going over some lines with me befor the Day (YOU ROCK BRO)

Big thanks to the Vic club for running it was a shame about the weather

Bike
    N/a
    Quote Originally Posted by Momentum View Post
    Ok i will say sorry about the spelling now to get it out of the way.

Now I had to play catch up. by the 3rd lap I had pased Eamon in 2nd place and was on Kyles ass I was Pushing my little bike the hardest i had ever pushed it. T
    mate, im not sure if you knew how close you were to taking us both out on that corner.

no offence but that was a dangerous pass. if i didnt back off at the last second we would have both been down.

you did ride a good race though. Just keep the gloves up next time.

oh if anyone wants to buy my Rg150 - its for sale

ive bought a zxr400 to play on for the rest of the year

Bike
    avanti sprint
    you bet I had a blast dude! I think we both learnt a bit of race craft from that race and none of our passes will be as easy next time around. you best be prepared for some fairing banging haha

if this close racing continues we will be absolutely flying by the end of the season! c u next time

Bike
    Honda NSR300 track hack
    ahhhh 250 cheaters!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice work guys, but you get more cred on a 150

Bike
    SUZUKI road & Kawasaki race bike
    hmmm, i was sure i posted in here before.. oh well must be the old age creeping in....

well done dude.. and was cool to have ya pit with us and the bent spanner crew....
    see you at manfeild!
    Taking it to the track thanks to: KIWIBIKE INSURANCE & PIRELLI TYRES, EXPERIENCE MOTORCYCLES, EBC Brakes, SUPERSPROX Sprockets, TSUBAKI Chains, RST Leathers, REPSOL Oils, FutureGrafix, Autolink

Thread Information