Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How many Harley Riders are here?

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog
    No, never saw that, I am just going to use any suitable muffler that fits in the meantime, at the moment it's the trickier bits I'm after - such as aforementioned section of exhaust.

Tracked down a manual at a dealers but they won't let me have it, hell, how many XN85s a year do they have to work on
    It's still there http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...n-15769292.htm

auction has 20 hrs to go
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike

Tracked down a manual at a dealers but they won't let me have it, hell, how many XN85s a year do they have to work on
    Problem solved. Cheques in the mail.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash
    Problem solved. Cheques in the mail.
    You are a marvel WT
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    2004 Harley-Davidson FXSTS (Springer)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega1
    Hi Everyone,

I've just purchased a 95 HD Dyna Wideglide and was wondering how many other Harley owners are here?

Cheers O
    Back on track people, My ride is a 2004 Harley FXSTS (Springer) a nice ride, it suits my temperament. it has the abilty to go around a corner with ease, un like the stressed out Road King rider shown in the pic's, I can imagine the butt puckering that went on there. With bikes its all horses for courses, My story dates back to Easy Rider, when the movie was released, my dream was to be part of the dream. been living the dream now since 95. HOG people are good, but then all bike riders have that X factor which makes us all interesting in or own way. I never miss a friendly wave to a fellow biker.
    HD Springer

Skin heals - Chrome don't

Bike
    HD 2007 Softail Custom
    Yeap, me a harley rider too. Baby 883 XLH (95) kitted out to a 1200cc. Just love it, been the only bike I have ever ridden (apart from my Kawasaki Eliminator to do my licence). Its a bit of a garage ornament at the moment, Hubby is giving it a major overhaul, and it should be out of the garage and on the road about November (fingers crossed)
    Met lots of people riding bikes and made some great friends, it doesn't matter what you ride, as long as its two wheels

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by HDSpringer
    Back on track people, My ride is a 2004 Harley FXSTS (Springer) a nice ride, it suits my temperament. it has the abilty to go around a corner with ease, un like the stressed out Road King rider shown in the pic's, I can imagine the butt puckering that went on there. With bikes its all horses for courses, My story dates back to Easy Rider, when the movie was released, my dream was to be part of the dream. been living the dream now since 95. HOG people are good, but then all bike riders have that X factor which makes us all interesting in or own way. I never miss a friendly wave to a fellow biker.
    Must be somebody from my era, my present bike is a ('97) 1200 'S' sportster which handles a shitload better than any Peter Fonda chopper but still has the same 'spirit', it doesn't matter what H-D you ride, you'll still have a 'butt-puckering' moment now and then, either that or you ain't alive!
    My scoot suits my 'temprement' too! - and if you ride then you must have an 'X' factor that separates you from the rest of the dreary society.
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........

Bike
    1989 Harley-Davidson Sportster

Thumbs up In formation

I've had my XLH 1200 Sporty for about six years now - the longest I've owned any bike, and I still love it. That's not to say it doesn't vibrate, or occasionally feel like the frame, engine and other bits are just riding along in formation, but the journey's the thing anyway. (Though it's a better journey on a Hog...). Having said that, I do always nod or wave to all motorcyclists on the open road, even if they're riding Hardly-Davidsons.

If only there were more opportunity for riding the damn thing (but I guess I only have myself to blame... why do I have a mortgage?).

Anyway, better go. Don't want to hog all the forum...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Born to be mild
    I've had my XLH 1200 Sporty for about six years now - the longest I've owned any bike, and I still love it. That's not to say it doesn't vibrate, or occasionally feel like the frame, engine and other bits are just riding along in formation, but the journey's the thing anyway. (Though it's a better journey on a Hog...). Having said that, I do always nod or wave to all motorcyclists on the open road, even if they're riding Hardly-Davidsons.

If only there were more opportunity for riding the damn thing (but I guess I only have myself to blame... why do I have a mortgage?).

Anyway, better go. Don't want to hog all the forum...
    Love my scoot too (1200 'S' Sporty), sure it don't rev - 6100rpm blood line, but it has the torque of a tractor, brakes are good and it vibrates just enought to keep Chrissy-Bimbo happy (just kidding - I think!).

Likewise the 'opportunity' thing, if I didn't have so many 'toys' and the weather was 100% I would use it more, of course if it was not one mile to work it would make it worthwhile to use the beast!

Bike
    03 Ducati M800Si.e. 04 Ducati M1000Si.e.

Welcome to KB "Born to be Mild"!! Might see you around some time.....

Being frustrated is disagreeable.

But the real disasters in life begin when you get what you want.

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Posh Tourer :P
    Oops did I say that?

Seriously, would be good to see more harley riders in here, to take the shit dealt out by sportsbikers.
    Ah well... as you can see this is only my second posting, having joined as expect to be back home again in NZ in a few months. And, yes I have a Harley, having moved up over the the years (starting with a Suzuki RV90 at age 15 (yeah, verily, 30+ years ago) until 11 years ago was able to buy my long-wanted first (third-hand) Harley. I ride what I like, assume you do the same, and regard the differences between what people prefer as just interesting. Mind you it is fascinating how the rivalry between H-D and sportsbike riders can get so inflammatory... so, should I duck :-)

Bike
    none
    Wow another dead thread revived, and for those of you who think they have custom harleys, unless you made the parts yourself or had someone else make them by hand it's not custom. All Bolt on parts come from pretty much the same mold so no matter what your bike will always look like someone elses. Let the cookie cutters die and build your own. It's much more fun and gives ya more pride in your ride.

Sever
    Now and forever
    you're just another lost soul about to be mine again
    see her, you'll never free her
    you must surrender it all
    And give life to me again
    Disturbed - Inside the Fire

Bike
    ZR750 Kawasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by alucard_draken
    Wow another dead thread revived, and for those of you who think they have custom harleys, unless you made the parts yourself or had someone else make them by hand it's not custom. All Bolt on parts come from pretty much the same mold so no matter what your bike will always look like someone elses. Let the cookie cutters die and build your own. It's much more fun and gives ya more pride in your ride.
    What just like you did???

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackrat
    What just like you did???
    I gather that is a at "someone" who has NOT made the 'custom' bits for their scoot? :spudwhat:

Bike
    ZR750 Kawasaki
    I gather that is a at "someone" who has NOT made the 'custom' bits for their scoot? :spudwhat:

Yeah well,it was a bit rich considering his own rides an off the shelf wanabe chopper.
    People that live in glass houses,an all that,,,

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackrat
    Yeah well,it was a bit rich considering his own rides an off the shelf wanabe chopper.
    People that live in glass houses,an all that,,,
    Aww but what you don't know is that if I wanted a chopper I would build one, but I wanted something that could actually turn without scraping the side. And when I get to Fixing it up I plan on gettin a custom built set of bars and pipes for it. Nothin bolt-on baught from a factory but stuff that a shop out in Te Awamutu or myself have made.

Sever
    Now and forever
    you're just another lost soul about to be mine again
    see her, you'll never free her
    you must surrender it all
    And give life to me again
    Disturbed - Inside the Fire

Thread Information