Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cylinder misfire troubleshooting!

Bike
    2002 Hayabusa and 2001 Honda XR650R
    Hi RobH. Your problem sounds quite interesting. Please keep us informed of your progress.

Bike
    1989 Honda CBR250R
    i put 95 & 98 in my 2 smoke once and all it did was make it run slower, usa uses 87 octane, 93 is their premium... using an octane level over the manufacturer specification is doing nothing but retarding your ignition timing in effect. your mix probably doesn't spark in time

Bike
    1987 GSXR750
    Thread resurrection!

I've got this exact same problem on an NSR250 R2J race bike I just got, i'm hoping its not the oil seal. Runs on both cylinders, with varying amounts of smoke from none to normal 2-stroke amounts then one will die and come back or vice versa. Leaves dots of oil on the ground thats been suspended in the exhaust!

It's running 25:1 ratio premix which was what it was meant to run apparently. It doesn't idle high or seem lean in the least, but it will bog and stall if i rev it past 9k rpm or so.

Also regarding the above, octanes are different type (RON Vs MON I think) between American and NZ. 87 octane for them is like 91 for us

Thread Information