Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re building your own moto track ?

Bike
    R6 & CRF sold, new bike is coming

Re building your own moto track ?

seen a flyer today at my second home( the local dirt bike shop)today for a rather entrepreneurial service..

the guys calling himself "Adventure lanscapes" he is offering to design and build your own Moto x , all weather race tracks, I guess this would suit someone with a bit of dirt out the back... seems he will design and build you a track to suit motoX, thumpers, go karts, quads etc..

his details are Clint Murpy 021 826 415..

might ring him later and learn a bit more about his service.

F/F
    "Kiwi Biker, still a great place despite the mods "

"Would crawl over broken glass before owning Suzuki"

The only reason I only ride in the Iron man Class is I have no friends left to enter the two man events,
    my own fault really.

Bike
    CR250
    Fuck you could make mint of money with that. There is how many people that ride in Auckland and how many places???

Bike
    Apriliaaah!
    Yeah, but who's got the spare land and tolerant enough neighbours?

Besides, while I like the guys business idea, if I had the space there's no way I'd be paying someone else to have all the fun. I'd hire me a digger and go nutso!
    I told him,
    "Son, what is it with you? Is it ignorance or apathy?"

He said,
    "Coach, I don't know and I don't care."

Bike
    99 xr 250r honda, 1981 yamaha xj 750
    my front paddock would rock with the right set up. and then there was money!
    Luck is when oportunity and preparation meet

Bike
    08 RMZ 450
    was up at tokoroa mx track on weekend and my mates the prez there , he has been asked by graham hart to build a super cross track for his boy on waiheke island.
    they've already been over there to look for a site and it all go now.
    hopefully i'l be able to go over for a look.
    money is no object so it'l be huge and awesome by the looks of some of the ideas.
    they reckon he is a real down to earth bloke.
    after the MX day at toke he came down the next day to help clean up and he was sweet as with walking around picking up rubbiash and just general cleaning .

Bike
    2008 KTM 300 EXC
    looking to move over there. you reckon he'd let strangers have a go on his boys new track? Id give him 10 bucks to go towards maintenance or maybe his limited bank account...

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    little known fact, Graham Hart paid for lawyers to get Ardmore back open, very generous man for that

Bike
    2008 KTM 300 EXC
    Good on him for supporting the local dirt bike community. We need more capitalists like him!

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    Thanks for reminding me why I gave up MotoX so many years ago.

Long gone are the days when we would simply borrow a farmers hill paddock, bang in some marker pegs, and Voila: An instant MotoX track. Next year we would come back to the same paddock and place the pegs in a completely different layout.

The farmer didn't mind losing a paddock for one day a year, and where the bikes cut it up, the ground would be aerated and the grass would grow back greener than ever. Riders couldn't get to know a track so well that there was any home advantage, and everyone would race on an equal footing.

A dozen friendly farmers in a 50km radius, and everone was happy.
    Time to ride

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    Yep, building the thing is one issue - being able to use it is another.......resource consent required ?

Noise issues ?

It pays to cover all the angles first.
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    hopefully bringing something back to NZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    Yep, building the thing is one issue - being able to use it is another.......resource consent required ?

Noise issues ?

It pays to cover all the angles first.
    yeh but if there buliding it out near there winery it in the middle of god dam no where on the island in its own little (no large bay) you have to go through public reserve road to get to it im sure if they put it out in one of the valleys you would never know it was there or hear it

Bike
    08 RMZ 450
    in relation to the resource consent.
    this has been sorted but i cant really comment on it.

Bike
    2005 Gas Gas EC250
    Fuckwits who buy a house beside an MX track are the biggest problem for dirtbikes these days. before these assholes didnt bother us, but since they want a nice farm place away from the city, and the fuckwits buy a house beside an MX or dirtbike park (their fault) and bitch and ask them to close. FUCK off the park was their first before your desicion to build a house beside it.
    idiots...
    WM
    Wellyman

Bike
    04 KTM 125SX, 2011 155Z Pit Bike
    Amen my brother!!

Bike
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    Thanks for reminding me why I gave up MotoX so many years ago.

Long gone are the days when we would simply borrow a farmers hill paddock, bang in some marker pegs, and Voila: An instant MotoX track. Next year we would come back to the same paddock and place the pegs in a completely different layout.

The farmer didn't mind losing a paddock for one day a year, and where the bikes cut it up, the ground would be aerated and the grass would grow back greener than ever. Riders couldn't get to know a track so well that there was any home advantage, and everyone would race on an equal footing.

A dozen friendly farmers in a 50km radius, and everone was happy.
    Why doesn't this happen any more? Aren't farmers so keen on the idea? Or do the riders only like purpose-built tracks?

Thread Information