Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Paint them now!

They could stain the bike overnight!

Bike
    2005,Suzuki GSXR1000
    Blog Entries

Road/Trail tyres

I have found that Michelin Ankees are the best allrounder.
    Good road grip and wear and ok on the gravel.

Bike
    2006 Suzuki DR650 & FZR1000 race bike

The speedo said so but the GPS said No!

Took the DR to the first round of the winter road race series at Teretonga today. Started off wet and slippery and I rode like a blouse at first. Then the track dried and we got faster!! Yep I am starting to like Teretonga, except for the big looooonnng straight. It goes on and on for about a kilometer, at the end of the straight the speedo said 170km and a bit. But the GPS said 163, which I thought was pretty damn good. The speedo wasn't out by much eh! The bike was still picking up speed - but acceleration dropped off dramatically after the change into top gear.
    The left side of the tyre is completely rooted now but still has good tread on the centre and right, why a all race tracks anti-clockwise???

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    It's an attempt to slow down the spin of the earth and prolong the race day.
    If they were run clockwise it would speed up the earths rotation which would affect the solar system and eventually the galaxy.

Do you want to be the one responsible for the premature heat-death of the universe?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    It's an attempt to slow down the spin of the earth and prolong the race day.
    If they were run clockwise it would speed up the earths rotation which would affect the solar system and eventually the galaxy.

Do you want to be the one responsible for the premature heat-death of the universe?
    So how long are we talking here??? If we turn up to the track and its a crappy rainy day, can we run reverse track to improve the weather as the day goes on or is global warming not likely to occur that afternoon?

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Quote Originally Posted by GaZBur View Post
    If we turn up to the track and its a crappy rainy day, can we run reverse track to improve the weather as the day goes on or is global warming not likely to occur that afternoon?
    You may have to run a 130 main jet and drop the needle a notch or two.
    That'll heat things up and accelerate the process.

Bike

DR to the Monkey

My DR is taking me to the monkey on Sat. See ya there maybe, I will be the guy wearing the black motorcycle jacket so should be easy to spot!

I be on the Main gate, then the Chute(whatever that is) and then the Bar of course!!!

Bike

Ohhh yeah - sexy new wheels!!!

Ohhh yeah - check out my sexy new wheels!!!
    Get new rubber fitted before Teretonga this Sunday.
    Mags are off a GSXR 250 so I am told. The sizes will be 110/70-17 front and 150/70-17 rear.
    Going for Dunlop 501's, not the stickiest tyre by far but good in the wet and I would prefer a ply tyre that sticks well but gives warning when it at its limit by sliding a little than super sticky radials that might grip better but don't warn you when they had enough. Well that's my theory - we shall soon see if it is the right one.
    Also lowered the bike at the rear to balance it with the dropped front. Feels sharp and quick in corners but not twitchy so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NewWheels.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	120.5 KB 
ID:	97995   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OldWheels.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	130.4 KB 
ID:	97996  

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Looking good

Love the race umbrella...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    Looking good

Love the race umbrella...
    It looked feckin stupid when I chucked it on the bike as an afterthought as it was just sitting in the corner of the garage....but it pissed down all night at the monkey and I did get to use it!!! It was dark and nobody could see who I was so honour was not sullied! I sold a lot of beer and had a laugh at the gate. I was on the gate a few hours and it was on a very slight slope. You would be amazed at the number of riders male and female who had a jacket with a load of rally badges on it that couldn't do a hill start, actually is was more a not quite flat but not a hill start either.
    Then there was the guy who could keep his balance while riding but when he stopped was so pissed he fell over when he put his foot down. Quite a few laughs!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MonkeyBar.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	98000  

Bike
    2006 DR650, 2008 Bandit 1250
    It looked feckin stupid when I chucked it on the bike as an afterthought as it was just sitting in the corner of the garage....but it pissed down all night at the monkey and I did get to use it!!! It was dark and nobody could see who I was so honour was not sullied! I sold a lot of beer and had a laugh at the gate. I was on the gate a few hours and it was on a very slight slope. You would be amazed at the number of riders male and female who had a jacket with a load of rally badges on it that couldn't do a hill start, actually is was more a not quite flat but not a hill start either.
    Then there was the guy who could keep his balance while riding but when he stopped was so pissed he fell over when he put his foot down. Quite a few laughs!
    What has happened to the weather in Central Otago. The local land owner told me a few years ago that it never rains at the BRASS. Yeah right. My Bandit would still be there if it wasnt for a few helpers. Next year Im taking the DR so I can guarantee exit. Just a long way (2000ks) on a shit seat.

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchman49 View Post
    What has happened to the weather in Central Otago. The local land owner told me a few years ago that it never rains at the BRASS. Yeah right. My Bandit would still be there if it wasnt for a few helpers. Next year Im taking the DR so I can guarantee exit. Just a long way (2000ks) on a shit seat.
    It always rains at the brass.

Make a better seat.

Bike
    A dirty black one.
    Ohhh yeah - check out my sexy new wheels!!!
    Get new rubber fitted before Teretonga this Sunday.
    Man, that looks pretty shit hot as a motard, awesome effort.
    "I came into this game for the action, the excitement... go anywhere, travel light,... get in, get out,... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form."

Paved roads are just another example of wasted tax payer dollars.

Bike
    No longer Motarded
    Hey Gary, the wheels look sweet mate.
    You will definatly notice a difference with grip (if you have got sum sticky rubber on).
    It is really easy to find good fronts for those cos they will take a 120, so even an ex raced front would be good.
    See you on sunday
    Bring on the weekend

Bike

Teretonga Rnd 2 Winter Series

Well I did Teretonga again on Sunday. What a difference the new wheels and tyres make. No speedo this time but I am sure I was entering the sweeper about 20 kph faster. It is soooo good to feel the front sticking instead of drifting. Yes the bike is a bit lower but I actually scraped the peg once and never expected that to happen on the DR! Well there are no chicken strips on the new tyres so I rode right to the edge of the rear so was quite a bit faster than previous but got a bit miffed when I was passed on the back straight by 2 Hondas and a KTM in the last half lap!!!! I definatley need MORE POWER!!! I can't wait for Levels as power aint so important there and I just love the twisties there!

Also met the guy who binned in front of me two meetings ago. I had stopped him from getting up as I didn't like the way he bounced on his back. He said thanks coz he felt fine at the time and wanted to get straight up but had damaged a vertabrae as well as the sholder and the pain came in later!! Thank god for compuslory back protectors eh!! He is OK now which is cool so will be racing again next meeting.

Thread Information