Page 203 of 215 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 3221

Thread: The DR650 thread

Bike
    1993c kawasaki klx 650

side cover

does anyone have a right hand sidecover any colour or condition they would like to sell . i lost mine on the dusty this year

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobjac View Post
    does anyone have a right hand sidecover any colour or condition they would like to sell . i lost mine on the dusty this year
    Yes, only want $7500.00, comes with free bike attached though

Have remounted my trailtech LEDs on a JNS engineering 3 inch mount after the factory reflector mounts proved unsuitable over the longer term (they cracked).
    The JNS item is great build and design and supplied with new longer mounting bolts. Dealt direct with them as shipping was $20USd vs 60 USD at procycles and it arrived in less than a week.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Quote Originally Posted by bobjac View Post
    yup, pretty sure I have one packed in box with various plastics from previous bikes.....only trouble is finding the box. You can have it for the postage if I can find it. Will have a quick look tomorrow for ya.
    ....wherezz that track go

Bike
    1993c kawasaki klx 650
    thanks, look forward to hearing from you

Bike
    sj50

Oohhh plastic bits?

I need a headlight shroud if anyone has one laying around? Not fussed about the condition as I don't have one at all Anyone have a spare?

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    About to start fault finding on the DR.... nothing like having electrical issues in middle of nowhere on cold desolate night....

Luckily after the first brief warning cutout as I dipped lights my truck driving experience taught me not to change anything while its still running and observe output level from headlight etc.
    Anyhow get home safely to driveway, flick highbeam switch and bike dies, blew the main 30A fuse. Glad I didn't touch that switch again on highway!!!!
    Tooltime and coffee here we go....... got to be a short to chassis somewhere.....

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Well we have power again and high beam working but no obvious sign of short circuits or chaffed wires despite tracing loom fairly well....

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Well we have power again and high beam working but no obvious sign of short circuits or chaffed wires despite tracing loom fairly well....
    Had a similar problem on a '99 gsxr750. One of the loom mounting wires/brackets by the headstock poked through the loom shroud and poked a wire inside. Intermittent fault blowing the main fuse. Took months to figure out. Probably happened during a fairing swap for a track day

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by speights_bud View Post
    Had a similar problem on a '99 gsxr750. One of the loom mounting wires/brackets by the headstock poked through the loom shroud and poked a wire inside. Intermittent fault blowing the main fuse. Took months to figure out. Probably happened during a fairing swap for a track day
    My 98 model has been fine sparkie wise apart from a couple years ago having one of the ignition coil/plugs fail, likely due to not being pressed on properly or just age loosening up and it arced it self into uselessness.

Todays progress on the DR amounted to buying some more spare fuses from super cheap on the way home from work

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    There is nothing wrong with the DR650 . . . and yet I keep changing stuff, it's like a sickness!

I've changed my headlight bulb for an LED - 4800 Lumen (factory bulb is around 1200) while drawing 30w (factory bulb draws 60w).

I've also swapped out my Nelson Rigg saddlebags for a pair of Wolfman Expedition dry bags - It's hard to describe just how much better the Wolfman bags are, the way they attach, the way they sit on the bike, the quality and strength, etc. The Nelson Rigg bags have one redeeming feature, they are very cheap. The Wolfman bags are pretty much better in every way except in the price. I feel that the Wolfman bags will last a LOT longer so over time they could well work out cheaper.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    VSTROM - 650XT

Second opinion required

Sorted. Thanks.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Well after a pretty thorough inspection and clean im putting it down to dust/dirt and damp/cold weather conditions at time. Had switch block apart, and now tank off inspecting all of loom.
    Will be riding with plenty of spare fuses for awhile.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Nothing like a Brap around the suburbs to warm the bike up before an oil change sans ear plugs on a cool dry winters night (earlier in week) to really appreciate your bike
    Lusting majorly at KTM 690's lately but the ol DR still has its old world charm

Bike
    2009 KTM990
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Nothing like a Brap around the suburbs to warm the bike up before an oil change sans ear plugs on a cool dry winters night (earlier in week) to really appreciate your bike
    Lusting majorly at KTM 690's lately but the ol DR still has its old world charm
    HB weather has been awesome for riding this year got a couple of warm full moonlit night beach rides in so far....Trying not to be too happy bout it as I do like having water to drink lol.Cant stop for a leak at any local without seeing some fred dagg farmer crying into his Tui for the sake of rain.

Lusting after a Pumkin aye

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    How long do people get out of their DR batteries???
    Mine lives hooked up to the life support of a bettery tender as it has 24/7 sat tracker on it.
    Anyhow after leaving it unattended at my partners place for too long it needed bump start when I went to gas up. Fired on about second try. Then had to bump it again at gas station - thanks bus driver bro...
    Back to hers and the rain starts hammering down, "Honey get your running shoes on, its going to need a push"
    Well would it start, hell no. Finally my exhausted darling got her neighbour to help push (so now its costing me a box of beer instead of a foot rub)....
    The beast fires up (the bike) and its off on a decent long way home ride.
    Get home, switch off and switch on and headlight fades faster than a candle in a southerly, its ferked....

A couple of days on charger think I've resurrected it (haven't cranked it yet) but prob going to buy new battery, has been in the bike from new (four years).....
    Was looking at higher capacity but hell twice the price, might investigate as good discount through work...

Thread Information