Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 3221

Thread: The DR650 thread

Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500
    Johnny 4skins has his DR650 for sale:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...1173774909.htm

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Day off today and fine weather so took the Cogentized DR down to Taradale river and then Pakowhai dirt park to Exorcise the inner BushPig out of it.

First ride with new suspension on proper rough stuff, DAMN its good.
    Crossing rutted $WD tracks from left to right anytime any place, hitting whoops at reasonable speed and the suspension has recovered and settled before the next big hit with ease.
    I started getting over confident and popping little air off the bigger pot hole whoopees and ended up crossed up going down front first into quite a deep hole with slight wall. The front end just soaked it up without bottoming and we just kept on ploughing ahead.
    Down at Pakowhai it was mercyfully dry compared to last time I went there but now had plenty of silty sand drifts.
    Once again the bike is a new animal altogether and performed well.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    2002 DR650se

Fcr mx DR650

I've scored an FCR MX Carb and wondering if anyone on here has had experience with the jetting, I was looking at buying the jetting kit off procycle but they wanted 60+ dollars for shipping alone which for something that would fit in an envelope seemed steep.

Currently have the BST with Jetting drilled slide etc and a full open fmf header and exhaust cut airbox and that made a huge difference, but since I have a FCR sitting there I figure its worthwhile putting that in.

Firstly there wouldn't be anywhere in NZ that would stock kits specific for the DR650 would there? Had a good look around but cant seem to find any.. without ordering individual components.

And secondly MXRob recommends 155 Main, 40 Pilot, 100 pilot air, 35 leak jet and and EMP Needle. Just wondered for those you you out there who have them what jetting you are running if different?

Bike
    Suzuki DRZ400E
    Quote Originally Posted by H0dreNZ View Post
    MXRob recommends 155 Main, 40 Pilot, 100 pilot air, 35 leak jet and and EMP Needle. Just wondered for those you you out there who have them what jetting you are running if different?
    I can't help with the jetting on a 650 as I don't ride one, but as for buying from NZ I have had limited joy. While I support local dealerships where I can, the quoted wait is up to 8 weeks due to no stockholding in NZ. I purchase from JetsRus. They have a full range of Keihin and Mikuni individual jets, needles, etc plus full rebuild kits. You have to pay via PayPal in a fairly clunky email method but the turnaround time is fairly quick.

Cheers

Josh
    Over 800 New Zealand adventure riding routes www.remotemoto.com

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    MX Rob jetting is too rich for our fuel.

Bike
    2002 DR650se
    Quote Originally Posted by RMOTO View Post
    I can't help with the jetting on a 650 as I don't ride one, but as for buying from NZ I have had limited joy. While I support local dealerships where I can, the quoted wait is up to 8 weeks due to no stockholding in NZ. I purchase from JetsRus. They have a full range of Keihin and Mikuni individual jets, needles, etc plus full rebuild kits. You have to pay via PayPal in a fairly clunky email method but the turnaround time is fairly quick.

Cheers

Josh
    Hey Josh, Had a look at "Jets R Us" and they have all the stuff id need, Was looking good and was going to make an order but I see they say they no longer ship internationally? Only to the USA, When was the last time you ordered some stuff off them? wondered if that had only recently changed?

Cheers Mark

Bike
    Dr650 2017

Joined the club

Hi guys I have officially picked the DR650SE as my first ever motorbike, 2017 edition picture below with a few mods, Acerbis Fuel tank, bash plate, barkbuster hand guards and ventura pack system(bag and top rail not pictured).

Taken at Sumner in CHCH

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Hey Josh, Had a look at "Jets R Us" and they have all the stuff id need, Was looking good and was going to make an order but I see they say they no longer ship internationally? Only to the USA, When was the last time you ordered some stuff off them? wondered if that had only recently changed?

Cheers Mark
    Open an account with shipito.com That gives you US mailing addresses. There is of course a cost involved but,... you want it or not? I've used them quite a few times without problems. https://www.shipito.com/en/?countrycode=NZ
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Suzuki DRZ400E

Cheers Mark
    About four months ago, or there abouts was my last order. I think he must get hit by fraudulent orders as his emails reference fraud quite a bit. I'd say drop him an email to see if he will ship to NZ, and if he doesn't, as Pete said there are places you can setup a US address and have them shipped to that address and then freighted to NZ. A handy thing to have when ordering other bike goodies from suppliers that won't ship to NZ.

Cheers

Josh
    Over 800 New Zealand adventure riding routes www.remotemoto.com

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Open an account with shipito.com
    I've been using them for years, just checked my account and see that I've had 36 consolidated packages sent to me.
    I've used them to buy from places that don't send overseas, for places that are too expensive on their shipping and to receive several smaller orders that I can consolidate into one package and have sent to NZ.
    I like how I can choose to send by TNT, Fed-Ex, USPS, DHL and a few other options. Generally DHL Express is a good price while having good tracking and being very fast.

I buy from overseas when I can't get what I want here or when the local price is crazy expensive compared to the overseas price. Plenty of the things I've bought from overseas aren't available here and nor is any similar product that would be just as good.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    DR650

Looking for 2006 DR650 side panel

Anyone have a white DR650 (06) left hand plastic side panel they want to sell. I have lost mine. Any suggestions of where I could buy another?

Thanks
    F

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Quote Originally Posted by fodendeyo View Post
    Anyone have a white DR650 (06) left hand plastic side panel they want to sell. I have lost mine. Any suggestions of where I could buy another?

Thanks
    F
    Procycle have them.
    Warning: The following website has been proven to be detrimental to the bank balance: https://procycle.us/bikepages/dr650.html#bodyframe
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
    Procycle have them.
    Warning: The following website has been proven to be detrimental to the bank balance: https://procycle.us/bikepages/dr650.html#bodyframe

Thanks for the website

F

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Suzuki are pretty good on OEM plastics, might be cheaper to get real deal at local shop....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE

Support Choke cable seized

Hey guys,

My choke cable has seized, which seems to be common on the dr650. I was hoping I might be able to remove the cable from the bike and repair it, unfortunately I couldn't get it off without cutting it at the top where it connects to the choke lever, not to mention how it snapped when I tried to pull it out.

So anyway I'm considering getting a knob choke to replace the choke cable with. I have looked at the Procycle website but have decided I don't want to pay $50us for the $17 choke.

Does anyone know if you can pick up something in NZ that will work?

Or alternatively has anyone made their own choke knob? Some guy has posted a video on youtube on how to make one and I might give it a go to cut costs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4Bi4YWTaqQ

Thread Information