Page 209 of 215 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3221

Thread: The DR650 thread

Bike
    Wrrrrrr
    Have you pulled the fuel hose off the carb and checked fuel flow from the tank ? There is another filter in the fuel tap. The other thing mine suffered with once was a high resistance spark plug cap (just one) would run fine when cooled down but then pop and backfire warm and stall (on the side of the road north of Gisborne) the manual says check them together which showed up no fault but when you removed them and checked individually one was very high resistance, new cap and it ran sweet.

Bike
    KTM 640 Enduro
    Another quick easy check is to get a bit of clear hose that fits on the carb drain, hold the other end up alongside the carb & open the drain screw. Then you will be able to see the float bowl fuel level - which should be very close to the join of the float bowl to the carb body.

Cheers
    Clint

Bike
    Ktm sd gt
    Well went for a standard carb rebuild kit, replaced all the seals and jets and idle screw. The kit didn't come with needle jet, only the needle which was the us version with a single slot.
    I decided to used the old matching needle and jet as I feel the us needle wouldn't match the existing jet which I set on the 3rd slot.
    Bike now runs sweet, gutless and boring but it's a nice steady ride. I can feel the need for all the carb/breathing mods I have been reading about, there's so much more to offer in there....I'd hope.
    Still, I've done my bit and it's all good. Thanks for the input guys

Bike
    Ktm sd gt
    Quote Originally Posted by clint640 View Post
    Another quick easy check is to get a bit of clear hose that fits on the carb drain, hold the other end up alongside the carb & open the drain screw. Then you will be able to see the float bowl fuel level - which should be very close to the join of the float bowl to the carb body.

Cheers
    Clint
    Ha nice, simple but I didn't think of that

Bike
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE

Hand choke replacement

Hey guys,

I ended up buying a hand-choke to replace my seized choke cable on the DR650. I bought it from Adventure Bike Australia, which as it turns out stocks the same hand choke as prorider. In hindsight I should of paid an extra $10 or so and got a longer hand choke from kientech, as the prorider one is hard to use in between the throttle cable and also requires filing down the idle stop.

I am going to fix the new choke shortly, should I use an anti-seize lube on the enricher head? Or is any grease fine? Or should I not bother lubing it altogether?

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    I have been finding it super hard to get another 18" rear rim, my search in trademe has been running a long time with none showing up.
    So I've bought one from ebay, I'm guessing the shipping will be a bit pricey - but it is worth it for bike parts!

From what I can work out it is only the 1990-1996 DR350S & DR350SE that got that cush drive wheel, they decided to drop the cush drive on the newer DR350 models and none of the non-street versions ever had the cush drive. I guess that is part of the reason you just don't see them for sale very much.

The next trick would be getting hold of a second wheel for the front, I don't suppose anyone has a DR650 21" wheel in decent condition to sell?
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Can you not get your existing hub respoked to a new 18" rim?
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Can you not get your existing hub respoked to a new 18" rim?
    Maybe, but the rim would need to be designed to have the same number of spokes at the correct angle. The trouble with that is the 17" rim to factory hub would have a different angle to the spokes than an 18" rim due to a different distance.

My current DR350 18" rim only gave me trouble as far as getting 4 bolts out that held the brake disk on, once the brake disk was removed then it was a total piece of piss to get the new brake disk on, new bearings in, new cush rubbers in and the wheel onto the 650.

My biggest issue has been swapping between a 50/50 tyre and a 90/10 off-road tyre and back again. I'm wanting to mount a tyre on each rim and then I can swap between them easily, only changing a tyre on the rim when one wears out. It wasn't the 50/50 tyre so much as that fuckin' Kenda tyre - what a stiff carcase on that bitch! On the slippery shit the Kenda had a fuck load of 'bite' though, really useful on the 42nd Traverse and Fishers Track.

I already have a spare 18" & 21" Tubliss system ready to use on new rims, so no need to buy them. But I'll buy another DR650 brake disk, my Torpedo 7 one has been working fine so I'll just get another of those.
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    Ktm sd gt
    Quote Originally Posted by pomgolian View Post
    Have you pulled the fuel hose off the carb and checked fuel flow from the tank ? There is another filter in the fuel tap. The other thing mine suffered with once was a high resistance spark plug cap (just one) would run fine when cooled down but then pop and backfire warm and stall (on the side of the road north of Gisborne) the manual says check them together which showed up no fault but when you removed them and checked individually one was very high resistance, new cap and it ran sweet.
    Well I had the bike for a week and all was well, got my friends to come get the bike and had it ready on the lawn waiting for them. Had a few beers etc feeling happy I had done a good deed until we went to start the bloody thing.....nothing...dead...anyways, ran through the basics and the bloody coil had crapped out, I hope this is the last of the problems.

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
    I have been finding it super hard to get another 18" rear rim, my search in trademe has been running a long time with none showing up.
    So I've bought one from ebay, I'm guessing the shipping will be a bit pricey - but it is worth it for bike parts!
    Yep, well over US$100 - in fact around US$155 to ship the wheel from the US to NZ.
    Oh well, what can you do.
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    1993c kawasaki klx 650

dr 650 21in front wheel

i have a21in with disc from a 2013 in very good condition 098178298

Bike
    1993c kawasaki klx 650

conversion to 18in rim

get in touch with tom morris in auckland he can supply and drill a rim blank to suite a dr hub and spoke with stainless spokes . Contacts in kiwi rider . he does a great job.

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Gave the DR a good run yesterday and picked up a spare 21" rim. It was a beautiful day for a ride!

One interesting thing I've been finding though: When the DR hasn't been run for a few weeks it is a bitch to start, turns over fine but doesn't seem to fire up. After several tries it fires up and is all good. After yesterday's run I got home, the bike sat in the garage for around 16 hours or so then I went to fill up with petrol - the bike fired into life immediately on the first press of the starter, cold engine is no problem.
    Thoughts?
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
    Gave the DR a good run yesterday and picked up a spare 21" rim. It was a beautiful day for a ride!

One interesting thing I've been finding though: When the DR hasn't been run for a few weeks it is a bitch to start, turns over fine but doesn't seem to fire up. After several tries it fires up and is all good. After yesterday's run I got home, the bike sat in the garage for around 16 hours or so then I went to fill up with petrol - the bike fired into life immediately on the first press of the starter, cold engine is no problem.
    Thoughts?
    Crap fuel, I give the DR350 a bit of a shake before trying to kick it if it has been longer than a week, maybe drain the bowl if it is still reluctant.

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Crap fuel, I give the DR350 a bit of a shake before trying to kick it if it has been longer than a week, maybe drain the bowl if it is still reluctant.

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC
    Yep that's it. Worse with standard carb, seems more tolerant with the flatslide.
    Gotta remember its a big single turning over very slowly, esp when cold after sitting for long time.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Thread Information