Page 211 of 215 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 3221

Thread: The DR650 thread

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Just take a screwdriver along on the next group ride....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoBloke View Post
    So I disassembled the carby yesterday, and went for a test ride only to find the drain screw was gone
    Anybody know where I could get a replacement?
    Any pointers are appreciated.
    I've got a spare. May be better to try a local bike shop though. It'll be the same as on many old carbs.

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Well, the deal is done and my DR will be gone on Friday, along with pretty much all of my money. I'm buying my first brand new motor-vehicle which will also be the dearest vehicle I've ever owned. I got a good deal but it is still a really expensive bike.

I've reverted a few things back to stock before taking it to the Honda dealer to sort out the trade in, consequently I have a few nice bits to get rid of, while also being a bit desperate for money.

Is anyone interested in a Russel Day Long seat? Picture on post 3139.

There is also the 18" wheel I've been running. It is a DR350 cush drive wheel with DR650 brake disk (Torpedo 7 after-market disk actually). It has a Tubliss kit and a Mitas E07 in good condition, holds air really well. When I got it I bought a new set of cush rubbers and both wheel bearings and carrier bearing. It has the carrier but not a sprocket.

I have a pair of Wolfman drybags that I won't need, I'll eventually (once I have the money) get hard cases and rack for the new bike.

I have a spare DR650 front wheel that I was going to mount a different tyre on, but never got around to using.

There is a 2nd 18" cush drive DR350 wheel that I haven't used yet, the condition might not be quite as good as the one I've been running and will probably need new bearings and maybe new cush rubbers too. I wouldn't expect as much money for that, so if someone is keen on sorting it out they can make an offer.

I'll sort out what I have to sell and put stuff on trademe, but if anyone is really keen and makes a fair offer I'm happy to make a quick sale. I'm in the Waikato (Morrinsville) so anyone in the area can get in touch if they want to come and have a look at these things I need to sell.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    My 18" wheel:

Again: It is a DR350 cush drive wheel with a (Torpedo 7) DR650 brake disk, Tubliss kit & Mitas E07 tyre. There would still be half the life (at least) left on the E07.
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Here's the Trademe listing for that wheel/tyre/Tubliss: https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...?id=1584903030
    Personally, I think the price is pretty good for what you get.
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    1986 honda vfr 750f, dr650 tardish
    Long time lurker on this thread. Alot of great advice,suggestions and links.
    Just wondering if anyone has or knows of a tank for a dr650 pre 96. My mate is struggling to find one for his 94.
    Interesting riding the 2 bikes. Older bike has more power but weighs more. Suspension is very similar altho i have rmz (1986) forks on mine now. Amazing that 2 completely different bikes have such similar characteristics. Or not, maybe that was suzukis goal. Same but lighter.
    Anyhoo if anyone can help that would be awesome
    dont break your cake

Bike
    '18 V-Strom 650
    So, more for the data stream attached to 3rd gears:
    Although the reason for it is unconfirmed at this point: on my homeward commute on Tuesday, the DR650 went "BANG", and stopped. Wont turn over on the starter, makes horrible grumbling sounds when wheeled around the garage (clutch in, in gear), the chain jumps around all over the place. I will be taking it for a professional opinion on Saturday - will update after that. I suspect something catastrophic...
    Data points: 2004; 114,083 kms; mostly Canterbury Plains commuting; large-ish rider.

Bike
    DR650SE L4
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowjack View Post
    So, more for the data stream attached to 3rd gears:
    Although the reason for it is unconfirmed at this point: on my homeward commute on Tuesday, the DR650 went "BANG", and stopped. Wont turn over on the starter, makes horrible grumbling sounds when wheeled around the garage (clutch in, in gear), the chain jumps around all over the place. I will be taking it for a professional opinion on Saturday - will update after that. I suspect something catastrophic...
    Data points: 2004; 114,083 kms; mostly Canterbury Plains commuting; large-ish rider.
    You'll know if it's third gear, try putting the bike in third and see if the back wheel spins freely

Bike
    '18 V-Strom 650
    Thanks for that tip - I'll give it a try tomorrow, or when I get it to town on Saturday.

Bike
    '18 V-Strom 650
    So.
    Update time.
    The engine is toast - gearbox seized, conrod looks as though its had a hammering, piston damaged, cylinder sleeve has had the bottom smashed off.
    Its uneconomic to repair, unless (or if I want) I go for a used engine. Which are probably worth more than the bike.
    Anyone want a tastefully farkled rolling chassis..?

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    I've got a 10,000km 2010 engine that most likely just needs a front cam chain tensioner.
    $1000

A complete 1997 engine with 150,000km (ims tank, rear spring etc) that runs fine in a rolling chassis (2001) that just needs a wiring loom and fork seals.
    $2500

Bike
    '18 V-Strom 650
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    I've got a 10,000km 2010 engine that most likely just needs a front cam chain tensioner.
    $1000

A complete 1997 engine with 150,000km (ims tank, rear spring etc) that runs fine in a rolling chassis (2001) that just needs a wiring loom and fork seals.
    $2500
    PM sent......

Bike
    2014 R1200 GS, 2007 DR 650
    Since we moved out of Orks and down to Whakatane, the DR has been dragged out and used for a bit of exploring. I had forgotten how much more capable it is in the loose staff than the elephantine GS.
    Anyway, it has slowly developed a case of the "vibes". It reminds me of a 640 Adventure these days.
    Now I have had a bit of a look and can't find anything loose.
    It's recently passed a warrant and I have given the wheels a good twist. The wheel bearings feel OK.
    So the question is, how much difference (if any) will some new rubber in the cush drive make?
    I may not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I always was.

Bike
    CB500X, DRZ250, TE250
    I can't help with the DR issue but I can say welcome to Whakatane and if you want to meet up for a ride then let me know.
    The quiet scares me cause it screams the truth.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    I wouldn't thought cush rubbers would be vibe source, once under load you'd think any movement would cease, just snatchy ness when on off power....

Tried clutching in and killing engine to eliminate that source??? or coast in neutral etc.....
    Check for broken engine mount/suspension bolts etc....skidplate....

good luck....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Thread Information