Page 5 of 215 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: The DR650 thread

Bike
    KTM 2T & LC4
    Quote Originally Posted by cooneyr View Post
    TA and I did 950kms on Sat and I still have the stock seat. Chch to Springs, 200kms non stop but with numb fingers (took 15 mins for them to work properly) and a sore arse. On the way back we had to stop every 100kms!
    Maaaaaate! you need to get yourself something nice and smooth
    Cheers,
    Colin

Quote Originally Posted by Steve McQueen
    All racers I know aren't in it for the money. They race because it's something inside of them... They're not courting death. They're courting being alive.

Bike
    05 450 EXC, 990 S
    Quote Originally Posted by warewolf View Post
    Maaaaaate! you need to get yourself something nice and smooth
    What, are you willing to give me $23k for a 990 Adv s cause the 640 aint smooth A 990 would have been real nice for Sat's ride

Cheers R
    "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Bike
    KTM 2T & LC4
    What, are you willing to give me $23k for a 990 Adv s cause the 640 aint smooth
    Hmm let me think about that, mmm... No?
    A 990 would have been real nice for Sat's ride
    oh yes!
    Cheers,
    Colin

All racers I know aren't in it for the money. They race because it's something inside of them... They're not courting death. They're courting being alive.

Bike
    2006 Suzuki DR650 & FZR1000 race bike

Kill Switch Question

Anybody who reads this DR thread and also knows some basics about electrics could you look at the question I posted in the electrics forum. Thanks guys.

Bike
    Triumph Thruxton / 81 Guzzi MKIII
    Quote Originally Posted by peachvw View Post
    Keep the posts coming, I'm even thinking of getting one now!
    Check out Just Motorcycles (-New Brighton) they have one- it's been lowered, but can be reverted to standard as the parts are all there.
    Plug over -back to topic

Bike

Bent Sprint Pics - DR650

Here are a few pics of the Bent sprint. See - they do powerstand. Cold tyre cornering is a bit nerve wracking! The forks are nearly fully depressed - mmmm wonder if I can harden them up?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Start.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	203.8 KB 
ID:	76712   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ColdTyres.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	179.4 KB 
ID:	76713   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stop.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	203.3 KB 
ID:	76714  

Bike

Motards as Silverstream Kart track

Before and after the crash last weekend. I had a great view of the crash as I started off the back of the grid - they just aren't the same when your'e not involved yourself. Thank goodness there were no major injuries - Motards riders can get a weeee bit aggressive sometimes in who owns the corners.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Backof Grid.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	205.9 KB 
ID:	76716   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Motard1.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	169.3 KB 
ID:	76717  

Bike
    A dirty black one.
    Maaaate, that first pic is awesome, wheeling away from the line!
    So how'd ya do in the Bent sprints?
    "I came into this game for the action, the excitement... go anywhere, travel light,... get in, get out,... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form."

Paved roads are just another example of wasted tax payer dollars.

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    That looks like fun.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by deanohit View Post
    Maaaate, that first pic is awesome, wheeling away from the line!
    So how'd ya do in the Bent sprints?
    Just had a quick look at the timesheets while I was there and I appeared to be about mid field. Will give you the times and comparisons when the results come out in the newsletter. A couple of fast buckets also ran the event - I bet thier times were bloody good too! Motards may look spectacular and fast compared to buckets but I do suspect the times of some buckets will upset a few guys on expensive motard bikes.
    If you want to have half a lap of Silverstream track check out the youtube video Onboard with Kano . There is apparently some other real good video footage which will include me but it has not been edited yet.
    Seeing some of you guys appear genuinely intersted in my DR antics I will go into more detail next time. Just let me know if I get boreing!
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwH2lCF5dzw[/YOUTUBE]

Bike
    A dirty black one.
    Haha, that vid is awesome, going great then eating tarmac!
    "I came into this game for the action, the excitement... go anywhere, travel light,... get in, get out,... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form."

Bike
    KTM 2T & LC4
    Quote Originally Posted by GaZBur View Post
    Seeing some of you guys appear genuinely intersted in my DR antics I will go into more detail next time.
    Yup, it's all good!
    Cheers,
    Colin

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by deanohit View Post
    Haha, that vid is awesome, going great then eating tarmac!
    Tarmac doesn't actually taste too good - take my word for it. The dropped Kawasaki in the video is one of two kawasakis a father and son team ride. They are both dirt riders - and quite good on tarmac. In fact my big off was on the sweeping left hander in the video. I was in the middle on the front grid and when we were half way around the sweeper I got turned into a Kawasaki sandwich as we all converged on the one line and nobody backed off, everything turned green on me and i literally flew off in a big high side! I mean - I am oldest so was expecting some respect! I mean what do they teach young people these days. I still have the kawasaki stains on the front fork from the 450, same one as in the vid. I am leaving the marks there to remind me to be a bit more responsible in future. (I mean it really xxxxing hurt!!!)
    One of the organisers at the club (who is well known for crashing himself) has said the bend is now named after me! I made no comment coz i think - less said the sooner they will forget!

Bike
    A dirty black one.
    Tui anyone? They won't forget in a hurry if your off was that good!

You'll just have to teach these young fellas a lesson in respect next time, I'm sure a kick out the side or a well aimed punch would do it, they'll be letting you have the best line after that! ;-)

Bike

Bastard MNZ rules Damn Damn (Insert really vulger swearword here)!!!

Bugger!!! I have been working off the 2007 MNZ rulebook sent when I got my license, printed in Dec 2006. So I entered both Motard and F-3 class for this weekend in Invercargill. But the on-line rulebook is different.

There are some new rules in F-3
    A: All motorcycles racing in this class must have a maximum end of handle bar centre line height of 900mm from the ground. The measurement is to be taken at the handle bar end with the machine unladen, ie no rider.
    B: Any machine complying with Rule No 34-2-3 and 34-5 is automatically excluded from entering any Formula 3 event. Any includes all events whether they are MNZ titled events or not, this is for safety reasons.
    It must not be amended or altered in anyway by the use of Supplementary Reuglations.
    (Regulation Spelling error is theirs not mine)

Actually I understand why they did it coz of the different lines taken by Motard and regular race bikes, but if you ride feet up and keep to the regular lines this rule still excludes us guys on thumpers.

Aside from that I have been checking out the gearing advice i got from Nordie in his thread and am looking at doing some changes. If you ride a DR or any Adventure type bike then you should be reading Nordies thread in this forum.

If you are in Invercargill this weekend cheer loudly for me - I am #78 at the back of the Motard field - but not the F-3 field after all!

Thread Information