Page 210 of 215 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 3221

Thread: The DR650 thread

Bike
    2/'79 XR500s, 04 KLX400, 1953CycleMotor

Well, I learnt that 650's

are bloody hard to push-start yesterday.
    Helmet time is the best kind of time.

Bike
    that black thing above the puddle of oil
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzz67 View Post
    are bloody hard to push-start yesterday.
    You must be doing it wrong. Put it in 3rd gear. Pull the clutch and blip the throttle as soon as it fires.
    Showing off for the camera since ages ago

Barts Photos
    Barts adventure photo thread

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Well nearly five years on my original DR horn has died, tried to resuscitate with WD40 which had worked on other dirtied up ones in past on other bikes but no go.
    Stole the one off the GSXR as WOF time soon and damn it all if the King of interchangability on parts Mr Suzuki has made the GSXR one with a mount thread that is 2mm shorter to save 0.0000453 grams...
    Anyway once removed the rubber mount grommet on DR its all good.
    Just wondering if its worth trying to pull apart, can feel a slight movement its trying to beep.....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    So, on the ADV forums in the DR650 thread someone posted a picture of this seat:

He wasn't sure but thought is was a Russell Day Long seat, I suspect that it correct.
    He also said it was for sale, so I've bought it.
    Since I use my DR650 as an adventure bike and would like to do some longer rides it might be nice to have a comfy seat.
    Really looking forward to trying this out.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
    So, on the ADV forums in the DR650 thread someone posted a picture of this seat:

He wasn't sure but thought is was a Russell Day Long seat, I suspect that it correct.
    Since I use my DR650 as an adventure bike and would like to do some longer rides it might be nice to have a comfy seat.
    How much does it weigh????? At least it will save your side panels in a crash

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    How much does it weigh????? At least it will save your side panels in a crash
    Any crash that damages my side panels is one that I probably wouldn't survive!
    I have side racks and then on them are my Wolfman Drybags, the side panels are nowhere near being in harms way.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    Very Modded DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkH View Post

This is a Russell Day Long on my DR

More pics and info: http://www.adventureridingnz.co.nz/f...ics/#post-8473
    www.AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz NZ's dedicated Adventure Riding Community
    Forums, free GPS track downloads and much more. Now over 5700 members, are you one of them?

Bike
    FZ50
    A bit out of context but have any of you lads done the rmz450 front fork upgrade and have the stock dr650 forks lying around? I'm after a set to upgrade the front end of my BMW r80 g/s. If any of you have anything could you please flick me a private message?

Bike
    2014 R1200 GS, 2007 DR 650
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Just wondering if its worth trying to pull apart, can feel a slight movement its trying to beep.....
    They are a resonant device. The diaphragm in them is weighted so that the assembly vibrates at its resonant frequency. They are tuned by the adjusting the tiny screw with the locknut in the back. it adjusts the resting position of one of the points terminals.
    Suggest that you give it a good flush with CRC 5-56 or WD 40 (probably already done), blow it out with compressed air and try adjusting the set screw CAREFULLY. A very small adjustment can make all the difference.
    If that doesn't work, biff it. They are a dog to dismantle and reassemble so that the diaphragm is properly retained = a lot of work for a very small probability of a good result.
    I may not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I always was.

Bike
    2014, vstrom 1000

New to this site , still learning what to do !

Any info on how to give a DR650 more power please . Taking out the restrictions etc !! And any idea of a more long distance seat that would be easier on the bum for both rider and pillion ?

Bike
    DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialized View Post
    Any info on how to give a DR650 more power please .
    Putting an FCR-MX carb makes a huge difference. You may also want to look at replacing the exhaust.

http://mxrob.com/mxrob_007.htm

This requires quite a lot or fiddling around to get the jets right but well worth it. There are also jetting kits for the stock carb..

Bike
    DR650SEK9
    Open the airbox right up, 45 pilot, 160 main, 2nd highest clip on the needle and get a full exhaust. Makes a huge difference. Mikuni TM40 is the next step after that.
    Skiddies and Wheelies!

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Any info on how to give a DR650 more power please . Taking out the restrictions etc !! And any idea of a more long distance seat that would be easier on the bum for both rider and pillion ?
    Get the Procycle seat at top of this list https://procycle.us/bikepages/dr650.html#bodyframe. Take your old dseat cover and foam off and staple the new one on, easy as, way better.
    Get rid of the standard exhaust and put any aftermarket exhaust on. Take rubber snorkel off airbox.
    Flatslide carb is good, don't think it makes a whole lot more power with it but the engine breathes better at low revs.
    Better off upgrading suspension before going horsepower hunting....

Its probably just cheaper to buy opne of these... http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...1311669242.htm

Bike
    Very Modded DR650
    I've got a DR650 high compression piston brand new still in the box. $390 and I'll throw in 3/4’s of a tube of both Ultra Copper gasket lube and Engine assembly lube which are required for fitting.

The piston comes with High Compression piston, rings, gudgeon pin and clips, it is highly recommended you also fit new head and base gaskets which can be obtained from your local Suzuki dealer.
    www.AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz NZ's dedicated Adventure Riding Community
    Forums, free GPS track downloads and much more. Now over 5700 members, are you one of them?

Bike
    2011 DR650SE

BST-40 drain screw

So I disassembled the carby yesterday, and went for a test ride only to find the drain screw was gone
    Anybody know where I could get a replacement?
    Any pointers are appreciated.

Thread Information