Page 213 of 215 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215 LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 3221

Thread: The DR650 thread

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoBloke View Post
    Yeah, good point, I reckoned since it started several times last weekend it might have been good...will get some fresh fuel in it tomorrow and will report back.
    Cheers for the input
    AB
    Simple stuff first. Pull the plug, is it wet? Pour a little fuel into the plug hole. Replace the plug and see if it fires. If it does then fault is carb. If nothing fault is either spark, valve timing or compression.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    2011 DR650SE
    Hi all,
    posted this at the DR650 Oz Thread, but here goes in case someone might have the answer...

My 2011 DR (GSXR exhaust, opened up airbox, drilled slide, Dynojet needle on 3rd slot, 155 Main Jet) has been sitting in the garage for quite some time. I have always been able to get it going and I am very experienced in the carby....at least so I believed.
    It has progressively been getting harder to start (it sits in the garage for long periods of time), and last weekend I replaced the float O rings and needle. Got it running last Sunday and I thought I'd fixed it only to find it wouldn't start again....just spent the whole of Saturday and I've achieved bugger all.
    Spark is good, battery is good, fuel flow is good; but it will not go. After extensive cranking it lets out an occasional bang but it just will not run.

I am getting to the point of pulling the carb out to take it to a shop, perhaps they might be able to tell me WTF is wrong with it.
    I don't know the first thing about the electricals, I've read that the earth contact can cause trouble....?

Any ideas will be gratefully appreciated.

Argobloke
    Glad to report the cleaning the jets appears to have done the trick. The plugs were up for replacement and I also put in some fresh fuel...started on first try...Thank you for all your contributions!
    Next thought is to get rid of hte shitty plastic choke bit and get a choke knob....went to Coleman Sukuki and the reckon $65 and 2 weeks from Japan...anybody done this and can it be found locally at a third of the price???

Again, thank you all for your contributions...chuffed to be on the road again!

Bike
    various

Bash/Skid plates

Are there any bash plates out there that protect the sides of the engine from the gear lever from punching a hole in the case ( closing the barn door after the horse has buggered off )
    Fixxed hole but would like for it not to happen again .
    THE GREATEST ACHIEVEMENTS ARE FOUND OUTSIDE OUR COMFORT ZONE

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    you buy plates that silicone onto the sides of the cases for cheap --- but perhaps not where you want to protect??

Bike
    2011 DR650SE

Thumbs up Carby

G'day all,
    Hoping to get pointers on the BST-40....The bike has given me grief starting cold and I've been messing with the idle screw and fuel/mixture, it doesn't seem to want to start unless I turn OUT the A/F screw to about 3 or 4....

The air/fuel mixture screw: the revs go up significantly if the screw is fully seated, it doesn't get erratic or stumble at all. Is this normal or is it a sign of running rich?

Any clues on what might be going on????
    I've got a 2011 with cut airbox, no snorkel, 155 Main Jet, Dynojet needle on the 3rd slot and GSXR exhaust.

Also, any suggestions to get someone in Auckland (or nearby) to install the FCR-MX?
    Cheers....
    AB

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    G'day all,
    Hoping to get pointers on the BST-40....The bike has given me grief starting cold and I've been messing with the idle screw and fuel/mixture, it doesn't seem to want to start unless I turn OUT the A/F screw to about 3 or 4....

The air/fuel mixture screw: the revs go up significantly if the screw is fully seated, it doesn't get erratic or stumble at all. Is this normal or is it a sign of running rich?

Any clues on what might be going on????
    I've got a 2011 with cut airbox, no snorkel, 155 Main Jet, Dynojet needle on the 3rd slot and GSXR exhaust.

Also, any suggestions to get someone in Auckland (or nearby) to install the FCR-MX?
    Cheers....
    AB
    Hopefully you can remember where you started out at, get back to there if you can. Hard to start on the stock carb is usually just fuel going off. Mine was bad for it. became a habit to drain the floatbowl if it was parked up more than few days and would fire up first pop. Flatslide doesn't seem to have same issue.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    2011 DR650SE

Dr650

the worst bike i ever owned was a DR650
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Bike
    KTM
    you're not allowed to say faggot any more, haha been years since i've seen that

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Sichoe View Post
    you're not allowed to say faggot any more, haha been years since i've seen that
    What kind of faggot bans a word?

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Thread dredge.

A DR650 is finding its way to our bike cave.

Anybody got a bashguard kicking about they dont want?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Thread dredge.

A DR650 is finding its way to our bike cave.

Anybody got a bashguard kicking about they dont want?
    What model year and milage? If it's an older one be aware od the neutral switch mounting bolt issue. They came loose so pays to check then and put lock tight on the threads.

Bike
    2012 660 Tenere

Bash plates

If anyone is looking for DR650 & DRZ400 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F4271B46-21CF-4FCE-8A00-020EFA275F30.jpeg 
Views:	38 
Size:	561.9 KB 
ID:	347658bash plates I’m still making them
    Contact me for all your Suzuki DRZ400 And Dr650 bash plate needs. Made to order

Bike
    It was on the good
    the worst bike i ever owned was a DR650
    What do the rest of you think?

Have just bought a KLX150 as the first bike for our lad and now I need something so I can ride with him. Will be easy trails I imagine. Bike has to be road legal so I can use it for the occasional commute in winter to save flinging my GSXR up the road.

Have ruled out the CRF450L now due to cost and fact a 15km open road commute would quickly eat up the tyres. Can't find any XR600s around. Thinking a DR400 which could also be his next bike in a few years but I might find a bit boring, or a 650. Seems to be more road than off road focused so wonder what it will be like on muddy trails.

Probably talking to the converted by posting in this thread but what the hell. Convince me.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Thread Information