Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post Classics

Bike
    2000 Ducati 900SS

Post Classics

Dedicated to the restoration, display and racing of motorycles manufactured between 1962 and 1982. Members receive a regular newsletter and are eligible to race in the clubs race meetings. This season's race programme is already underway. If you want to join or find out more get in touch with me or E-mail nzpcra@hotmail.com

Bike
    Monster S4 R (rogue)
    i'm dieing to join...

do you supply the bike as well ?

i cannot find one that intrests me.
    Nukles, the therapist -= nz.RogueRiders.mc =-

Bike
    2003 Suzuki SV1000s

Blah POST CLASSIC

WOULD LOVE TO JOIN

PREFERENCE BIKE WOULD BE

SUZUKI KATANA 11OOSZ WIRE WHEEL MODEL
    ULTIMATE POWER & KNEE SCRAPING HANDLING.:bigthumb:

RACED A YOSHIMURA SUZUKI GSX750 , ALWAYS WANTED A KAT.

Bike
    2000 Ducati 900SS

Thumbs up

Hi Will
    You can race a Kat or the gixxer at the February 2-day meeting at Pukekohe. Strictly the class is for bikes upto Dec. 1982, but there's an invitation event for bikes upto 1989. If you are interested here's an application form. Return it to nzpcra@hotmail.com

regards

the duke
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    I see they are bringing out the Moto Guzzi V8 for this meeting.....:bigthumb:
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    xs400 -

Re: POST CLASSIC

Originally posted by Will Beard

PREFERENCE BIKE WOULD BE

SUZUKI KATANA 11OOSZ WIRE WHEEL MODEL.
    Hey mate I work with a guy that had one ... his parents sold it out frim under him when he went into the airforce. He's kicking his arse for letting them do it. He brought in an enlarged pic of it (framed) to shoe me, cool bike . Lots of people dont like them ... but I do.

BTW he doesn't ride anymore ... he thinks his number is up ... ie his next accident will be his last. But he is looking at getting an off-roader.
    THe hand's farster than the eye ... keepan eye onda feet .. .

Bike
    Registered. For now...

Arrow

Originally posted by SPman
    I see they are bringing out the Moto Guzzi V8 for this meeting.....:bigthumb:
    Ummmmmm, I think the V8 is only appearing at the Classic Festival, Feb 1 / 2, not at the Post Classic meeting of Feb 22 / 23.

Best to go to both.
    And Paeroa.
    (Busy month - should be good)

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Classic festival - thats the one I meant, Still waiting for them to organise a 305 honda 6...........although the MV 500 6 a couple of years ago was nice.
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.

Arrow What a crock!

Quote Originally Posted by duke
    Dedicated to the restoration, display and racing of motorycles manufactured between 1962 and 1982. Members receive a regular newsletter and are eligible to race in the clubs race meetings. This season's race programme is already underway. If you want to join or find out more get in touch with me or E-mail nzpcra@hotmail.com
    Emailed to join up this is what I got!
    Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
    I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
    addresses.
    This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.
    Those who insist on perfect safety, don't have the balls to live in the real world.

Bike
    ZXR250
    Quote Originally Posted by duke
    Dedicated to the restoration, display and racing of motorycles manufactured between 1962 and 1982.
    Does that include Japanese Motorcycles? I recall reading something about about it excluding Japanese manufactures bikes and they had to have so much original parts,...blah blah blah, or is that another organisation?

Bike
    2000 Ducati 900SS
    looks like hotmail shut down the account because it hadn't been used for a month. Sorry about the hassle, I've re-opened it so it should work now. For membership details contact craig@proweigh.co.nz

The NZPCRA is for any period machine, irrespective of country of origin.

Duke

Bike
    Registered. For now...
    Quote Originally Posted by カワサキキド
    ... or is that another organisation?
    That would be the Classic Motorcycle Racing Register (CMCRR) - they still believe the downfall of the British motorcycle industry was caused by the Japanese and hold all the relevant grudges.
    ACC - It's where the Enron accountants all went.

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by What?
    That would be the Classic Motorcycle Racing Register (CMCRR) - they still believe the downfall of the British motorcycle industry was caused by the Japanese and hold all the relevant grudges.
    Not really... They like a particular type of bike and a want to look at life through some rose tinted goggles. They have some very strong views on what is and is not a proper race bike and while we may not agree with them on some points, they turn on a very good meeting.

Where else would you go to see nearly 40 factory Manx / International Nortons, real ones, not fakes lining up on a grid?? be able to reach out and touch a Moto Guzzi V8 and see it in action, listen to the likes of Sammy Miller and John Surtees and watch them ride???

People ship bikes from all over the globe to be at the Classic Festival of Speed and it is an amazing event. Vicki and I love it!! I doubt you could fit in another class!!

There attitude has prevented some of the excesses we see in the USA and Australia in classic racing with 1100cc Honda 750/4's making 100 plus bhp by using state of the art technology. Here a mug can still build a bike. My friends T140 will never win a race on speed or beauty but it can race, blokes can hurtle about on $3,000 35bhp AJS 350's having a ball.....

You might not like it but thats what these guys are into. It's their party, they made the rules, paid the track hire and organised it and there is nothing stopping anyone else doing the same..

Paul N

Well their fuddy duddy ways gave birth to BEARS and the various post classic classes - I wanted to race in classics a couple of times,but they wouldn't let me,tough...I had plenty to do anyway.

The Classic and Twinshock trials are run by CMCRR,but you can run any brand and any year you like...fuddy duddies are outlawed.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    Registered. For now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ
    Not really... They like a particular type of bike and a want to look at life through some rose tinted goggles.
    Certainly.
    And if my tongue was any more in my cheek it might have popped right through...
    ACC - It's where the Enron accountants all went.

Thread Information