Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: So The Mini Returns...

Bike
    None any more
    Our plan too is to take an evening ferry from Picton, stay the night at home and then have a sleep-in and a leisurely stroll up to Wangavegas the following day.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    78 CBX 750 Outfit, Yamaha 1400 Custom
    remember if you are going home to PN that you have to be at Wanganui Cmpground to start last leg at 7.00 - the checkpoint flag bearers are on the run an they will not wait for long - when last rider is gone they will be too but they wont be waiting for stragglers for very long - prob about 15 mins then off.
    If you say either "I can" or "I can't" your correct.

Bike
    R1100s / SV400
    Sent in my entry the other day.

We are talking about heading down via the scenic route heading off Sat (?) to be at Bluff for Tuesday evening.

Our son is planning on tagging along in his mini, I'm not sure which of us is the supposed to be the support vehicle.
    Soccer - A Gentlemans game played by Hooligans. Rugby - A Hooligans Game played by Gentlemen.

Bike
    None any more
    Here's a distance guide I've worked up off my Topo Map.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Mini Returns KB.pdf  
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    R1100s / SV400

Bump

Leave booked.
    Entry confirmed.

Starting to think about ferry sailings & accommodation.

What are you others thinking about in respect to getting to Invercargill (other than "by bike" , I'm reffering to planned routes etc)?

Any interest in getting together before arriving the Eagle on Tuesday 18th?

I'm thinking of crossing South on Sunday 16th and taking a leisurely Southern route (well in comparison to the Northern one)....
    Soccer - A Gentlemans game played by Hooligans. Rugby - A Hooligans Game played by Gentlemen.

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    ...What are you others thinking about in respect to getting to Invercargill (other than "by bike" , I'm reffering to planned routes etc)?

Any interest in getting together before arriving the Eagle on Tuesday 18th? : ....
    Oh, I was thinking of heading away from here shortly after lunch, going via Raes Junction, Gore, Kennington, and being in Bluff around 3:30 or so.

But I could also head east via the Pig Root and meet up with the northern contingent at either Palmerston or Dunedin a bit earlier.
    Time to ride

Bike
    R1100s / SV400
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    Oh, I was thinking of heading away from here shortly after lunch, going via Raes Junction, Gore, Kennington, and being in Bluff around 3:30 or so.

But I could also head east via the Pig Root and meet up with the northern contingent at either Palmerston or Dunedin a bit earlier.
    Which ever way it pans out, I'd be keen on having a pint with you at the Eagle when we get there.

Bike
    Concours 14, S10
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Leave booked.
    Entry confirmed.

Starting to think about ferry sailings & accommodation.

What are you others thinking about in respect to getting to Invercargill (other than "by bike" , I'm reffering to planned routes etc)?

Any interest in getting together before arriving the Eagle on Tuesday 18th?

I'm thinking of crossing South on Sunday 16th and taking a leisurely Southern route (well in comparison to the Northern one)....
    Entry confirmed, leave booked, some accomodation booked. Need to look at ferries soon.

Not sure what day we'll head across but we were gonna head down the centre but then duck out and do the Catlins.

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6
    Bluebridge is cheaper than the interislander .. & Pm dogsnbikes to see when he is on .. if you go on his sailings he will look after you
    Have to Karma ... Justice catches up eventually !!

Bike
    Concours 14, S10
    Quote Originally Posted by chanceyy View Post
    Bluebridge is cheaper than the interislander .. & Pm dogsnbikes to see when he is on .. if you go on his sailings he will look after you
    Yeah, went on Bluebridge earlier this year. Was also shocked to find that the staff were friendly and helpful. Made sure bikes were ok etc and let us off first. Good tucker too!

Bike
    07 GIXXER 75OOOHHHH
    Also if anyone knows a person who belongs to the mobile home brigade they can get cheaper tickets on bluebridge by quoting their mobile home number(affiliate).

Damn good film,especially the part when the cop got his handcuffs through the steering wheel,hope if you guys meet our friendly blue boys,and if you were to be speeding(which you won't),the same thing is re-inacted.
    Hello officer put it on my tab

Don't steal the government hates competition.

Bike
    GL1800
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatijim View Post
    Come-on Shafty...this looks like a job 4 u, me and Highlander don't it? Damn fine excuse(?) to ride the south's roads again and rekindle the SX spirit!!
    Hey...I might even break the old beemer out of mothballs and take the ole shelia!!
    Got me thinking it could be as much fun as ya can have with ya pants off Mate. Let me consult my Kumar's.....................
    "If you haven't grown up by the time you turn 50, you don't have to!"

Bike
    None any more
    Ooh! Thanks for the reminder. Must book Bluebridge tickets for the Mini Run. Last time I looked, I couldn't book that far into the future.

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSF1200S
    Banditrider and I are looking at crossing on the 16th then making our way south via the inland route and around the Catlins to Invercargill.

Got accomadation booked for heading north again but plan to wing it going south. Just need to work out which ferry crossings we want to take.

Bike
    Buell XB12X 'Black Betty'
    Quote Originally Posted by ynot slow View Post
    Also if anyone knows a person who belongs to the mobile home brigade they can get cheaper tickets on bluebridge by quoting their mobile home number(affiliate).
    Does this mean that I can get a 'double' discount; as Ulysses also do a discount fare and I belong to both Uly & NZMCA ??

Thread Information