Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: So The Mini Returns...

Bike
    R1100s / SV400

Wanganui top 10

So any way, my entry is confirmed, and ferry tickets booked.
    Time to think about accommodation.

Just go toff the phone with the Wanganui Top 10 Holiday park, enquiring about a cabin...."Friday 2st March is Easter. We have a 4 night minimum Stay for Easter"

Any one else struck that or is it just me?
    Soccer - A Gentlemans game played by Hooligans. Rugby - A Hooligans Game played by Gentlemen.

Bike
    Concours 14, S10
    I think Hitcher did. We're coming back to Palmy on day 2 so get a day off and just start early on day 4.

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Any one else struck that or is it just me?
    Me too. The wankers. We're booked for Friday night at the Midtown on Victoria Street. Nice and handy to things and not excessively expensive. Friendly gals on the freephone 0800 272 664 as well.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by banditrider View Post
    We're coming back to Palmy on day 2 so get a day off and just start early on day 4.
    Be warned that Lee likes early starts and there will be a starting checkpoint in Wanganui.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Concours 14, S10
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Be warned that Lee likes early starts and there will be a starting checkpoint in Wanganui.
    Yep, already been made aware from that - should be able to drag my sorry butt outta bed early that day.

Bike
    78 CBX 750 Outfit, Yamaha 1400 Custom

Wanganui CP

we are aware that the joker that runs the camp has decided to only take bookings of 4 days and we have advised people when sending back info - you may not have got yours for some reason.

It is not what he agreed to but there is little we can do about it - The Start point of the run for the day wil be changed - to another central place. The new cp will be given to riders on the first day. As riders are spread over different boats some on thursday night some friday morning it was always going to be the most disorganised CP - camp owners like this dont help whne they make a deal and break a deal..But it is beyond or control .

On the bright side every where else is looking good.
    If you say either "I can" or "I can't" your correct.

Bike
    R1100s / SV400

Thanks Guys.

Will do a ring around in the morning and sort something.

Gotta love these business owners that tell you one thing then do another.
    Soccer - A Gentlemans game played by Hooligans. Rugby - A Hooligans Game played by Gentlemen.

Bike
    Buell XB12X 'Black Betty'
    Hey hlndr and shafty, howzit?

I am going to have to bow out of this; seem to be doing a bit of this lately, however things are really VERY not good down on the farm at the moment...cows are dry and NO income until november '08 will be a challenge without me going out and racking up frivolous (?) expenses we don't need ( unlike food....oh....thats for the cows...not me!!)

I have an entry that someone can have real cheep, if this becomes full-up, which is unlikely.

Youall have a great time now won't you, yahear!!

Bike
    Concours 14, S10
    The Blue Bandito & I had a bit of a sit down in front of Google maps and have worked out roughly how we're going to get down there and how we're getting home from Kaitaia. Couldn't work out how to put the maps here so they're on my blog here.

Can I start packing now?

Bike
    2010 Honda ST1300
    Blog Entries
    haven't you packed yet Andrew?

I decided to get down by stopping over at Motueka then doing the Lewis Pass to Christchurch, that way I don't duplicate any roads. I'm taking the same route from there but hadn't thought about nipping around the Catlins though.

I'll head down to Rotorua afterwards, then decide whether I'm up to an East Cape run or down through the Para's but I imagine I will have had enough by then and the arse will dictate the more direct route.
    How a man wins shows much of his character....How he loses shows all of it!!"
    Knute Rockne

Bike
    Concours 14, S10
    Can't pack until my topbox mount arrives...

The Catlins are well worth it if you've got time. We're actually going off the main road a bit to get close to the coast - may see some gravel but it should be good. We checked out Cannibal Bay & Nugget point on the last Southern Cross so can miss them this time.

Bike
    Concours 14, S10
    If I've done this right (hacked Yod's countdown), then this is the countdown to when I leave for the ferry: http://andrew.l.thomson.googlepages....Countdown.html

Bike
    None any more
    Yod's countdown timer clearly needs some work.

Bike
    R1100s / SV400
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatijim View Post
    ...I am going to have to bow out of this ...:
    That REALLY sucks, must practice the rain dance on your behalf.

Just realised that in 5 weeks it will be all over and I'll be heading home (mulling over plans for the '09 Southern Cross perhaps...).

Bike
    Buell XB12X 'Black Betty'
    I'm already looking forward to the next,09, SX.....I will be there with bells on, count on it!!!

Thread Information