Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZXR400 tyre recommendations

Bike
    have to keep it in my gun safe.

ZXR400 tyre recommendations

Alright heres the deal, I need some new tyres for my bike and I was wandering what you lot would recomend. I ride regularly both to work and recreationally so naturally I want something sticky/grippy,and something thats not going to put me on my arse in the wet. Im not really worried about how many kms I get out of a tyre.
    The sizes are 120/60 r17 on the front and 160/60 r17 on the rear.
    Never let your enemy see your emotions, for it is the one weapon they will value most.

Bike
    I ran pilot roads on my zxr400.. never had any issues with them... to be honest tyre choices are a matter of personal preference, just try something out and see how it feels.

Oh... I ran diablos on the 400 when I first got it, just didn't feel right, the pilots were much better.

Bike
    81 katana 650 fighter.
    Blog Entries
    dunlops

gpr-a10 front

gpr 100 rear.

Bike
    Ill ring around for prices and recomendations.
    Never let your enemy see your emotions, for it is the one weapon they will value most.

Bike
    tb
    Get Shinko touring tyres there better than you think and last forever especialy if your road rideing only no point getting super sticky tyers the shinkos are prett good for trackdays too i raced on some just drop them to 28psi for the track

Bike
    2011 Kawasaki ZX-14 "Monster"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Get Shinko touring tyres there better than you think and last forever especialy if your road rideing only no point getting super sticky tyers the shinkos are prett good for trackdays too i raced on some just drop them to 28psi for the track
    yeah Teflon (who rides a TL1000) uses the Shinko 003's, and I've got a 006 rear, only due to the fact that they don't make 003's in a 140/60x18
    There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there? -Clerks

Bike
    tb
    and shinkos are dirt cheap they will probably say they are shit at the shop i admit they are no race tyre but take em to a track day you will be amaised how OK they are

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    and shinkos are dirt cheap they will probably say they are shit at the shop i admit they are no race tyre but take em to a track day you will be amaised how OK they are
    Big Steve at Hamilton Motorcycle Center (Kawasaki/Triumph/BMW) recommended the Shinko 006's over the Bridgestone BT92's... not sure how the BT92's handle, but the Shinko's seem to be pretty good...
    There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there? -Clerks

Bike
    Been recomended the dunlop gpr100's by a couple people, from what I gather they are pretty damn decent. I'll price them up and see what else is around.

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    If you have no money the Shinko's are the way to go.
    If you have money.....i wouldn't buy anything else but the battleaxes or dragon evo's. Me living is testament enough that even with these tyres bald on a ZX4R they wont slip.
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    06 10 WITH ALL THE FANCY BITS
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    dunlops

gpr-a10 front

gpr 100 rear.

someting i actuallya gree with you on!1
    already told you pat to go gpr100 from my 250 experience... one of the best tyres i've ever used (and i'm using qualifiers again at the 'mo lmao :/)

Bike
    Honda PC800
    As a general purpose/sticky tyre I'd go for the latest version of the GPR70's
    I raced on em for a season and never had a problem
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    avanti sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by 0arbreaka View Post
    Alright heres the deal, I need some new tyres for my bike and I was wandering what you lot would recomend. I ride regularly both to work and recreationally so naturally I want something sticky/grippy,and something thats not going to put me on my arse in the wet. Im not really worried about how many kms I get out of a tyre.
    The sizes are 120/60 r17 on the front and 160/60 r17 on the rear.
    buy the best tyres that you can afford.
    the Bridgestone BT090's I run are damn good (used on track only tho)

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    As a general purpose/sticky tyre I'd go for the latest version of the GPR70's
    I raced on em for a season and never had a problem
    Those are the gpr-a10's, im not to sure as to what their performance would be like in the wet though.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by 0arbreaka View Post
    Those are the gpr-a10's, im not to sure as to what their performance would be like in the wet though.
    Chuck an a10 on the front and a 100 on the rear... Sidewinder's got the a10's all round, and they seem to do ok, although a more wet-based rear tire is always good...

Thread Information