Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lease vs Cash vs Hire Purchase

Bike
    sea bass bandit250
    Yep, I've just been on here for about an hour and am now trying to remember what I was doing before??????
    Boring indeed...... screw that I'm off to lunch and dreaming about bikes.

Bike
    2007 Suzuki GSX-R600
    very timely post Macstar, thanks for that!

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    Quote Originally Posted by Marknz View Post
    very timely post Macstar, thanks for that!
    If your interested in leasing a bike Mark...flick us a PM sometime and I'l flick back my ph number
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    nun
    not to detract from a very informative post..don't forget FBT

:slap:

Bike
    2008 KTM SuperDuke R
    Quote Originally Posted by boomer View Post
    not to detract from a very informative post..don't forget FBT
    Boomer's right (damn, it was hard saying that).

Not sure what the rules are on leased vehicles, but on company-owned vehicles for which you're claiming 100% usage, the company has to pay 64% of the depreciable value of the vehicle in Finge Benefit tax. If memory serves, you can depreciate 40% of a vehicle per year, so on an SV1000S at $12500, you'd depreciate $5000 the first year, so your FBT liability would be $3200.

As I said, I've no idea what the rules are for leased vehicles, so I assume there's an equivalent.

Bike
    sea bass bandit250

fbt

Hold on, FBT rates are dependant on the salary an employee receives from the company. 64% is only used if that salary is over 60k (including value of the benefit).
    I have some clients who don't earn much salary at all from their company (they don't work much I guess) and FBT works out VERY cheap and so worth it.

If anyone is thinking about buying a vehicle in a company make sure you talk to your accountant about FBT to get the full explanation.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanx View Post
    Boomer's right (damn, it was hard saying that).

Not sure what the rules are on leased vehicles, but on company-owned vehicles for which you're claiming 100% usage, the company has to pay 64% of the depreciable value of the vehicle in Finge Benefit tax. If memory serves, you can depreciate 40% of a vehicle per year, so on an SV1000S at $12500, you'd depreciate $5000 the first year, so your FBT liability would be $3200.

As I said, I've no idea what the rules are for leased vehicles, so I assume there's an equivalent.
    Quote Originally Posted by dnos View Post
    Hold on, FBT rates are dependant on the salary an employee receives from the company. 64% is only used if that salary is over 60k (including value of the benefit).
    I have some clients who don't earn much salary at all from their company (they don't work much I guess) and FBT works out VERY cheap and so worth it.

If anyone is thinking about buying a vehicle in a company make sure you talk to your accountant about FBT to get the full explanation.
    The rate is based purly off % of usage that is personal usage by the employee or sole trader or what ever...so...employee does 40km pw in said vehicle... km rate is say 50c... thats $20 of fringe benift...employee or what ever pays taxable value on the $20
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    nun
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpoos View Post
    The rate is based purly off % of usage that is personal usage by the employee or sole trader or what ever...so...employee does 40km pw in said vehicle... km rate is say 50c... thats $20 of fringe benift...employee or what ever pays taxable value on the $20
    hey.. theres swings and round abouts for everything.. i reckon the figures add up its just a change in mind set for most.

and if you & ya accountant get creative with ya figures you can make it work for you !! BUT be warned.. speak to an accountant to get what it means for you.. as none of the above are accountants .. suspension experts perhaps.. but not accountants

:slap:

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    Yeah,

'poos tried to lease me a bike - trouble is I've only got about $40pw to spend - which only allows me to borrow enough money to buy a 10 year old bike

I hate all you rich c*nts

Bike
    GSXR1000K7
    Quote Originally Posted by boomer View Post
    hey.. theres swings and round abouts for everything.. i reckon the figures add up its just a change in mind set for most.
    Thats the biggest part of it Duncan!! but its also not for everyone or everyone's situation...but no deposit and no hassles has been more than tempting to a number of people already!
    Motorcycle finance and leasing
    ph 0275677667
    opperating lease on a motard from $83.10pw

Bike
    2007 Suzuki Boulevard C50T
    I paid cash for my bike, same as I do with all the cars I`ve owned. If I can`t afford to pay cash for something, I either go without or wait until I`ve saved up for it. Don`t know if it`s a better option that leasing, financially speaking, but I like the peace of mind you feel when there`s no payment book attached to the owner`s manual.
    Repeat after me.... it`s only a movie.

Bike
    2008 Kawasaki z1000
    Hmm - i am looking at this at the moment. I have a small business. I currently lease a car for that business, which is 100% business car. The misses and I own another car privately - and we happen to live in the same building as my business is in (seperate premises).

Becuase of the fact that dont use my company car to get to and from work, and i dont use it for personal use, we dont pay any FBT on that car.

Now: I want a new bike, CustomFleet are quite happy for me to lease a bike thru them, I intend to use the bike for business use. But the problem is that i will really have to pay FBT on this correct? I mean i cant say that my bike is 100% business... ?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by greminn View Post
    Hmm - i am looking at this at the moment. I have a small business. I currently lease a car for that business, which is 100% business car. The misses and I own another car privately - and we happen to live in the same building as my business is in (seperate premises).

Becuase of the fact that dont use my company car to get to and from work, and i dont use it for personal use, we dont pay any FBT on that car.

Now: I want a new bike, CustomFleet are quite happy for me to lease a bike thru them, I intend to use the bike for business use. But the problem is that i will really have to pay FBT on this correct? I mean i cant say that my bike is 100% business... ?
    depends on how you classify the use of the bike and how its potetial paper trail looks...times...dates...etc [how many bussiness only vehicles full up on a sunday arvo in the coromandel??]

Bike
    2008 Kawasaki z1000
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpoos View Post
    depends on how you classify the use of the bike and how its potetial paper trail looks...times...dates...etc [how many bussiness only vehicles full up on a sunday arvo in the coromandel??]
    Hmm, yes good point on the coro loop fill up. I wonder if I should clasify it a certain % persoanl use and suck a bit of FBT? I don't take much of a salery on the books anyway.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by greminn View Post
    Hmm, yes good point on the coro loop fill up. I wonder if I should clasify it a certain % persoanl use and suck a bit of FBT? I don't take much of a salery on the books anyway.
    More importantly...you have to classify/justify its use in bussiness!! Its very easy for IRD to see use for personal gain...but the business gain of the machine would be??

Thread Information