Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why a cruiser?

Bike
    s83 boulevard
    Quote Originally Posted by inlinefour View Post
    I allways thought people buy cruisers because they are either old and decrepid or don't have the balls to ride a high preformance bike.
    Thats funny.I always thought people who rode high performance bikes rode them to try and prove that they actually had balls,where as cruiser riders dont have to prove nothing.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by peasea View Post
    Why, thank you. I've always been a stickler for application; you don't rally in a Caddy, you don't try to wheelstand HD's, you don't tour on a scooter or do tight slaloms on a Fatboy. Pretty simple.

How come it took some old fart on an old Harley to figure all this out -AND post it on KB???????
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    I allways thought people buy cruisers because they are either old and decrepid or don't have the balls to ride a high preformance bike.
    Possibly true.

But mostly we buy them to ride and and do so with style and comfort, we've got nothing to prove so speed etc means nothing.

We ain't in no hurry to get nowhere boy, we're already there - on our bikes.
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........

Bike
    Had a 2007 Suzuki C50T Boulevard
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    But mostly we buy them to ride and and do so with style and comfort, we've got nothing to prove so speed etc means nothing.

Yup! We're mature riders with nothing left to prove... Oh, hang on! Does that mean we're "older" riders...? Could IL4 have a point..?

Nah! Surely! I'm young!

(Mind you I do like that "twist and go!" feeling on occasion... )
    You don't get to be an old dog without learning a few tricks.
    Shorai Powersports batteries are very trick!

Bike
    '02 VN1500 Meanie
    It's all about relaxing, cruising and having fun out there. No stress (no stress position), just enjoying being out there. Simple.

Are you taking any prescription medication? [Rain Man]

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.

Talking meh.

Possibly true.

We ain't in no hurry to get nowhere boy, we're already there - on our bikes.
    In other words: The riders are a tad slow so they might as well ride a slow bike?
    Those who insist on perfect safety, don't have the balls to live in the real world.

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.

Talking Yea I'd say some are like that

Quote Originally Posted by s8306 View Post
    Thats funny.I always thought people who rode high performance bikes rode them to try and prove that they actually had balls,where as cruiser riders dont have to prove nothing.
    And then there are the riders who love to ring the shit out of a sportsbike and ain't afraid to do so...
    Those who insist on perfect safety, don't have the balls to live in the real world.

Bike
    s83 boulevard
    And then there are the riders who love to ring the shit out of a sportsbike and ain't afraid to do so...
    Yes there are,but the cruiser riders i know prefer to travel at a more sedate pace and know they,ve got a better than average chance of coming home in one piece.But if ringing the shit out of your sportsbike is what gives you a chubby at the end of the day, then fill your boots mate.

Bike
    In other words: The riders are a tad slow so they might as well ride a slow bike?
    Whatever ya think boy, whatever ya think.

If I have to explain it you still wouldn't understand and the point would be lost........

Bike
    Buell XB12R
    ...and those that do should do it on the track. Those that race on the road are stoopid, and usually too damn scared of being shown up to take it to the track.

Each to their own. There are some cruisers i think are sweet, and some that are just too OTT.
    I think the 'skull' is a little much, but I do like the Street rod
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skull small.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	130.8 KB 
ID:	64065   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rod small.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	399.3 KB 
ID:	64066  
    "Do not meddle in the affairs of Buells, for they are subtle and quick to wheelie!"
    --J RR1000 Tolkien

yank tank at Glenorchy 2006 rally

Bike
    Bikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wired1 View Post
    Actually I think you get over the speed thing and get more interested in the laid-back cruise thing.
    Someone needs to tell Burt Munro that!

This thread is pretty messed up... from what I can tell, you can either have one or the other, but not both... that's clearly not the case now is it?

I like the M109R.. it somewhat show that pigeonholing is only in the mind.

Bike
    2006 Honda VTX 1300
    At the end of the day who gives a shit!!!

I ride a cruiser cos thats what I want to do & I enjoy the ride

Others like to ride sports bikes cos thats they enjoy riding fast

So each to there own I say

The original question was "Why a cruiser"

"BE COS I CHOSE TO"
    Im not as good as I ones was
    But Im as good ones as I ever was

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.

Talking Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashika View Post
    ...and those that do should do it on the track. Those that race on the road are stoopid, and usually too damn scared of being shown up to take it to the track.

Each to their own. There are some cruisers i think are sweet, and some that are just too OTT.
    I think the 'skull' is a little much, but I do like the Street rod
    Tis an excellent way of becoming a tempory kiwi eh. I think I like about 5% of what OCC make on the telly and they are the only ones I'd consider riding. However it would be a bloody borning world if we all liked the same bikes... (sounds like a flock of sheep on gixxers to me!).

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.

Talking good o SD...

Whatever ya think boy, whatever ya think.

If I have to explain it you still wouldn't understand and the point would be lost........
    or could it be that you have lost the plot and can't get to the point either. If so that must be a bugger!

Bike
    or could it be that you have lost the plot and can't get to the point either. If so that must be a bugger!
    Ah well, seems like it's waaay to late to even try and explain.

Ya ride what ya ride and who cares what the other guy rides.......

Thread Information