Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Why a cruiser?

Bike
    2012 m109r

Why a cruiser?

just out of interest what made you buy a cruiser,

my reasons , started 3 to 4 years ago, started watching OCC , wanted to build a occ bike , then found out about certs , and that put paid to that, then i found this bike with a 240 rear tyre,100+ci,looked like it was something out of a sifi movie and looked like it was going 100mph while it was standing still, and at a cost i could afford,and the riding postion, had to have my feet out in front of me, a cruiser, some people hate it some people love it ,but i would not ride anything but a cruiser

Bike
    black thing
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, well thats a long process, I started a long long time ago on what was then a general road bike, sat generally upright etc on a Triumph speed twin, Matchless, etc then the need for speed hit, on to more high performance sporty bikes where one was leaned forward, Honda's Suzi's 750's 1100's etc, but then in the last 5 years, age caught up and I find the body aint that maleable anymore so needed to get back to a more comfortable ride, still wanted good low and midrange grunt, enter the VL1500, fitted my requirements perfectly, and priced right so I could by new.. Funny but I find it quite amusing watching sporty riders taking feet off pegs to stretch em and hand off bars to straighten up... where I just sit in my armchair and cruise on arriving fresh and comfortable :-)

Bike
    2011 Kawasaki ZX-14 "Monster"
    Quote Originally Posted by bmz2 View Post
    just out of interest what made you buy a cruiser,

my reasons , started 3 to 4 years ago, started watching OCC , wanted to build a occ bike , then found out about certs , and that put paid to that, then i found this bike with a 240 rear tyre,100+ci,looked like it was something out of a sifi movie and looked like it was going 100mph while it was standing still, and at a cost i could afford,and the riding postion, had to have my feet out in front of me, a cruiser, some people hate it some people love it ,but i would not ride anything but a cruiser
    I've never seen a cruiser that looked like that... what drugs were you on at the time, and do you have any left? p/t
    There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there? -Clerks

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GV250
    the sound, the look, the riding position... the list goes on.

From a design POV, I just prefer a cruiser..

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    Quote Originally Posted by damo View Post
    the sound, the look, the riding position... the list goes on.

From a design POV, I just prefer a cruiser..
    Admit it. You just like undersized Koreans...

Bike
    1981 Yamaha XS650SH chop
    Could never see the need to hunch over the handlebars on a sports bike and travel at warp speed. Cruiser style bikes seem to meet my riding style which is on the slow and mellow side. What's the hurry?

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GV250
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    no, I won't go out on a date with you

Bike
    Had a 2007 Suzuki C50T Boulevard
    Check my review in "Bike and Product reviews", - "Suzuki C50T Boulevard". I think it sums it up quite well.

2500km up now and it's running sweeter and sweeter! Lovin' it!

Just fitted the Value Accessories lower deflectors and they make a real difference!
    You don't get to be an old dog without learning a few tricks.
    Shorai Powersports batteries are very trick!

Bike
    Triumph Tiger
    No that's spankme....

"If you can't laugh at yourself, you're just not paying attention!"
    "There is no limit to dumb."

"Resolve to live with all your might while you do live, and as you shall wish you had done ten thousand years hence."

Bike
    black thing
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Edbear View Post
    Check my review in "Bike and Product reviews", - "Suzuki C50T Boulevard". I think it sums it up quite well.

2500km up now and it's running sweeter and sweeter! Lovin' it!

Just fitted the Value Accessories lower deflectors and they make a real difference!
    ey Ed, What dif does it make, I rode a VL1400 with em on and cant say I noticed a difference but then I wasnt looking for it, does it change the wind flow on legs? certainly looks good.. adds to the Aesthetics... BTW, will we see you on the cruiser run 24th?, be good to up in the flesh :-)

Bike
    Had a 2007 Suzuki C50T Boulevard
    I'll try and make the run, but a bit far out to predict at the mo.

The lowers are designed to stop wind buffetting from the airflow coming up under the screen. You can test for it by holding your arm across your chest while underway. Some claim they eliminate it completely, but on mine it has made a significant difference and I'm now experimenting again with screen height and angle. The lowers have adjustment for angle as well, but interfere with the indicators under the light bar, so to adjust them I have to move the indicators forward.

Got them direct from Value Accessories in the US and they only took 4 days to arrive after confirmation of payment! Price was good too!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lowers1.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	63672   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lowers2.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	63673  
    You don't get to be an old dog without learning a few tricks.
    Shorai Powersports batteries are very trick!

Bike
    black thing
    Blog Entries
    look great ed.. keep us posted on how they interact with main screen buffeting, Im keen to remove as much of that myself :-)

Bike
    A chubby lollipop
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroIndex View Post
    I've never seen a cruiser that looked like that... what drugs were you on at the time, and do you have any left? p/t

When you find out let me know, I loooooove good drugs. They're bloody hard to find.

Bike
    A chubby lollipop
    Hang on, are we talking about a 250cc Hyosung or Creamofsumyung Guy?

Bike
    A chubby lollipop
    Quote Originally Posted by surfer View Post
    Could never see the need to hunch over the handlebars on a sports bike and travel at warp speed. Cruiser style bikes seem to meet my riding style which is on the slow and mellow side. What's the hurry?

It's akin to those twats with pishoowee valves, turbo's and big-rpm snot-boxes going hard-out everywhere. Cruising on my bike is like cruising in a Cadillac; there's no hurry coz I'm already where I want to be.

Thread Information