Thread: Oil capacity?

Bike
    07 GIXXER 75OOOHHHH

Oil capacity?

about to change my oil and filter,been 12 mths since done but only travelled 400km max,when i checked the manual from online info it had capacities, and in oil column had 3.2/4.0ltr,am i right thinking the 4ltr is when no oil in motor,as crankcase says 3.2ltr.when bike on side stand the oil goes out of site glass,but when upright is about 3mm below glass top.am using 10/40 oil mineral as reccomended by bike shop.thanks for your patience,first time doing full change on decent road bike.will go for ride first to warm oil to flow easier when draining,cheers for now .
    Hello officer put it on my tab

Don't steal the government hates competition.

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    One filling volume will be without changing filter one will be with a filter change.......
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    3.2lt will be just changing the oil, but 4lt would have to be a measurement from a dry cases rebuild because 800ml is a hell of a difference
    on average a roadbike filter will consume 100-200ml of oil maximum in volume difference, definately not 800ml that's in the realms of a truck engine oil filter.

Most times 800mls is the difference between the maximum & minimum level marks on your oil window markings.

Bike
    -
    That's the same way my manual lists oil capacity, and yeah, it's for after you've rebuilt the engine. You'll find out soon enough, anyway -- just put 3.2L in, and measure the oil. If not enough, add some more

Bike
    07 GIXXER 75OOOHHHH

thanks

that was my thoughts on the capacity limits.the filter case area looks to hold maybe 200mls max,will fill 3.0 lyrs then top up.
    Hello officer put it on my tab

Don't steal the government hates competition.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    I thought the way the oil galleries worked on those gsx motors that its not just theoil filter but all the oil in the galleries.
    Anyhoo dude-as ya say put in 3.2l then start her up -run for a minute then wait a minute and topup as needed
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Thread Information