Thread: My Round 2 VMCC

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144

My Round 2 VMCC

weeelllll what a f**k up
    Did the test day on friday so I knew where the track went, what a slippery hole infested piece of crap that place is, got a bit of it sorted but couldn't get the infeild left right to save myself...never mind, on to race day.
    First f2 qualifying, all seemed good, not too far off the pace. Then on to F1 qualifying, and downhill from here on in, got in a few good laps then coming outta turn 1 got a huge slide going, even backing it off and back on again it still spun up....hung onto it but the rear tyre was really shot and wasn't biting at all....ended up 24th on the grid with a 1.18ish.
    1st race....flipped the tyre to try to get some drive on the r/h side. Got a ok start but pussyed around the first turn and got passed by most of the feild, stuck my head down and started to try to catch up but still had no grip from the rear and after another big slide outta the sweeper onto the front straight called it quits and pulled in.
    Race 2, grabbed trashies farkd rear tyre (still way better than mine) but still no grip, a little better but not great and I just didn't have the confidence to push and ended second to last...
    race 3, not learning from the first two I still ventured out again, again a fairly good start but farkd first corner and back to the back again, this time the lack of grip was complimented by masses of sunstrike on every other corner, and approaching the sweeper flat out in fourth and not being able to see a farkin thing was just hopeless, just ended up cruising around using up fuel....
    All in all raceday was just a cockup from start to finish
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    So you didn't enjoy yourself at all? It's an amazingly competitive track and a real head fuck eh.

Those final two races, heading into the sweeper flat out in sixth, sun directly in ya face, and the turn completely invisible in the shade was one of the most exillierating feelings I've ever had in a race. "Use the force Luke" had to be the moto of the afternoon.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    L1 GSXR 1000
    Thats a bummer Andy, but surely there's a positive to take from the day eh?

Stick at it mate!

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    It wasn't all bad, friday was a lot of fun. I think the couple of big slides just f*cked with my head a bit and just couldn't get back into it.....but I did manage to outdrag gixxer down the front straight
    Drew for Prime Minister!

Bike
    06 Hyosung GT650R
    Hey Death do you think the sliding could have been a result of poor rear suspension setup??
    Manfeild has alot of grip and especially with the bulk of the corners being right handed meaning the right side of the tyre should have always been hot leads me to believe the either your too keen out of the corner or the shock is not setup properly!!!
    Hyosung GT650R #41

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    No, I really think it was the result of a 60+ thousand k stock untouched shock and a who knows how many meetings old rear tyre with no rubber left after the test day.....
    Drew for Prime Minister!

Bike
    nun
    good on ya Andy, your a braver man than most on that old gurl! still.. your doing well for an old fella

:slap:

Bike
    06 Hyosung GT650R
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATH_INC. View Post
    No, I really think it was the result of a 60+ thousand k stock untouched shock and a who knows how many meetings old rear tyre with no rubber left after the test day.....
    Yeah i spose that'll do it, at least you had the brains not to crash like so many other people
    Hyosung GT650R #41

Bike
    the one and only Gixer 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATH_INC. View Post
    ....but I did manage to outdrag gixxer down the front straight
    just you wait for taupo boyo.... yeah you know dont ya....!!

Bike
    600RR3
    Stink that you didn't enjoy it, Andy.

Huge respect for hustling that tank around the track as quickly as you do though.

Thread Information