Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deano at VMCC Rd 2

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin

Deano at VMCC Rd 2

What an awesome day at the track. It was great to catch up with people again and is part of what makes it such a great day. The month really drags until the week before race day...then it drags even more.

Brief report (again).

Got to the track at about 8.15 and it was cold, but not raining so that was good. Shared a garage with Glen Williams which was great as it kept us out of the cold southerly.

Qualified a couple of seconds shy of last years best time, but put it down to a cold track as a few others had mentioned it also.

Post Classic Jnr races went really well and I finished the day 1st equal on points with Chris Sales. I beat Jarrod Wintle in race 2 and 3 which was a bit surprising (race 2 right on the line by .005 of a second)

Superlite races also went well with comfortable top ten finishes but didn't compete in the last race cause my foot peg was coming loose again and couldn't be repaired. I'm not too worried about Superlite points anyway and am focussing more on PC JNr as this is where the bike is most competitive.

Thanks heaps to Garry H for all your help in the garage, Nikki for lunch and also helping with the tyre warmers, Jimmy for taking the bike up, Drew for bringing the bike back and Jimbo for the great photo. And of course VMCC and all the volunteers.

Now how many days till the next one ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Manfeild 023.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	63872  
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    good shit on the 1st equal bro!! I didn't catch much of your racin...but that photo looks mean!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Well Done Deano!

Bike
    BSA A10
    Good results, good luck for the next one
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quite frankly, that is a shit write up, with the exception of the pic.

I wanna know what you were feeling, give me some insight as to how each race went and the highs and lows.

Not all of us had the thrill of standing on the pitwall cheering for ya mate.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    R6 & RGV250
    I was watching. And I thought to myself, I did, as I watched Deano zooming past, 'Phwoar, what a hot bit of crumpet he is'.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    Quite frankly, that is a shit write up, with the exception of the pic.

I wanna know what you were feeling, give me some insight as to how each race went and the highs and lows.

Not all of us had the thrill of standing on the pitwall cheering for ya mate.
    Yeah alright - there are just so many race reports these days.......I struggle to read them all myself so try to keep it short.

Well the lows were not qualifying as well as I hoped in Superlite, although in one of the races, a couple of crashes in front of me mean't I finished ok.

I had one moment when both wheels lost traction at Coke - not sure which race - dunno how I didn't bin but the bike seemed to sort itself out - it's amazing how quickly your brain processes minute fraction of a second data and slows it down into 'slow motion' at the time it occurs.

Post Classic Junior was quite unbelievable - managed to keep ahead of Jarrod in race 2 and 3 - I kept looking back as I knew he would be coming after me and wasn't sure if I had the speed to hold him off.

One thing I learnt on the day was extending my braking points a little each more and more.

I'm definitely amped for the next round.

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    I was watching. And I thought to myself, I did, as I watched Deano zooming past, 'Phwoar, what a hot bit of crumpet he is'.
    Hell, what can I say......$200 worth of spray cans and fibreglass and a bit of time and the bike came up a treat.

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    managed to keep ahead of Jarrod in race 2 and 3 - I kept looking back as I knew he would be coming after me and wasn't sure if I had the speed to hold him off.
    I'm not a fan of looking back....the reason you are in front of your opponent at that point is because you are faster, so back yourself and keep your focus on cutting those fast lap times and gapping them. Your ears will tell you when they are getting close, then you can think about taking defensive lines
    As a chaser, if I see them looking back at me, i feed off that energy knowing I got them worried.

Keep up the good work my friend!

Bike
    2009 Yamaha R6
    Hey Great Racing there cheeky!! was great seeing you both again!! till next time..
    Biker Babe...
    I Ride Like A Girl...
    Quote Originally Posted by deano
    Rossi Girl....My idol!!!!
    Silly Boys, Bikes are for Girls!

Bike
    99 RSV Matte Mille, Bus 150 & 121
    Good stuff Deano. Sorry didn't catch up with you much during the day but saw most/some of your racing...most of my time during your races was shooting up and down the friggen stands getting to Vicki and her pit.

Go Team Piston Broke!!!
    "If life gives you a shit sandwich..." someone please complete this expression

Bike
    GSXR 750 (No 10)
    Yeah well I didn't race but here's a pic of me riding home
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hopkins-donington.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	63934  
    Superdukes. Serving up shame to sportsbikes since ages ago.

Bike
    cbr crap
    good stuff Dean.....what happened in the hairpin...looked like you locked up the rear or something?
    Don't you just love golf?

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo600 View Post
    Yeah well I didn't race but here's a pic of me riding home
    new helmet mate!! nice!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    I sold it
    Hey Deano you did great and you showed me up a bit too . Im never showing you braking markers again ya bastard.
    Dont get too wound on Jarrod as i passed him 3 times in the final race but he got me back thanks to back markers and he got a better line. I also saw a couple of smoke streams from him out of Higgins so if he gets the bike sorted we all know what he can do to his lap times .
    It was a great meeting and i watch your development with interest, (hopefully from infront) your good for a newbee lol.
    Now sit, stay, roll over.
    Cheers Paul.

Thread Information