Thread: Behind-the-Scenes VMCC Round 2

Bike
    R6 & RGV250

Behind-the-Scenes VMCC Round 2

I know you've all been logging on to KB just to find out the behind-the-scenes action, so here it is folks.

Friday was test day at Manfield, followed by racing on Saturday. Funnily enough it's called the Winter series for a good reason, which meant the two days were spent with 'headlights' permanently on and no reason to check out any of the boys' packages. As usual I was kept pretty busy during the day as White Trash's chief Pit Bitch, but I managed to gather a few snippets.

During the test day on Friday ArcherWC tried to gain an advantage by getting rid of excess weight on his bike mid session. This provided a few challenges for the other riders who suddenly found the track had been changed into an obstacle course. Kicking Zebra decided swerving was for pussies but changed his tune when his bike started heading for the wall. A good save there which got him a 9/10 score from the spectators.

Keystone decided that she wanted to try a new fashion style by getting herself the motorbike racer's most common accessory. Anything to get out of the threesome she'd offered the night before!

On to race day...

One has to wonder about the powers of observation of two riders who mistook the Superlite class for Superbike. After heading out in the warmup lap they took their places on the grid before being summarily dismissed back to the pits.

One spectator used his experience of doing runners from the Police to evade track officials after jumping the fence to help a fallen rider pick up his bike during a race. He took his sweatshirt off so they wouldn't be able to recognise him!!! Go Mikey (oops was I supposed to mention your name?)

Jayracer and Nicko forgot the point of the meeting, and decided to have a competition on who could do the best Superman impression during the final Supersport race. Jay's effort in the warm up lap was spectacular and earned him a score of 8/10. Nicko's attempt was pretty lame and was more of a roly poly. Big ups to him 'though for making a second attempt, which was much better, but lacked the finesse shown by young Jay. When his score was combined (4/10 for the first and 5/10 for the second) he had managed to pip Jay by 1 point.

I was offered some of Sisterecho's fudge in exchange for not mentioning anything about Cowpoos in this report. Actually, apart from him using the Book of Excuses when he pulled out of his final race, he didn't do anything worth mentioning. Although after coming up behind Jayracer and giving him a hug, his pleasure noises were cut short when he realised it was me and not Cowpoos. Methinks there's a story there, but some more investigative journalism is required.

Nicksta grew some heeeeeeeuuuuuge balls for her last race (not sure where she hid them on her tiny frame), and carved up some of the bigger bikes on the corners in the sudden shower that hit just prior to the start of the race.

And we can't forget Flame who waited a few weeks to find out she had a broken arm, then went ahead and raced anyway.

Rossi Gal managed to shed her tough girl image when she was spotted wearing pink, fluffy gloves around the pits. However no more shall be said on that subject as the author was grateful for the loan of the aforementioned gloves during the day.

After the day's racing a certain Triumph rider sidled up to me and whispered, 'I've got something interesting in my underpants.' What a letdown it was to find out he was talking about the friction burn he'd received during one of his Superman moments. I'm sure his chat up line would have gone down a treat at the Mardi Gras he was attending in Ohakune that night 'tho.

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    Kicking Zebra decided swerving was for pussies but changed his tune when his bike started heading for the wall. A good save there which got him a 9/10 score from the spectators.
    yes...funny thing was...is...he was riding my bike at the time...scrubbing in tyres for me...as I didn't want to scrub my own tyres in as I've developed a fear of scrub-in sessions after a certian event during last augusts winter series round...during the scrub session...

or maybe my bikes just jinxed for scrubbing in tyres??

Ps: nice report sue
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6
    lmfao .. great write up there riff ..

awesome to catch a hug again Ryan ..

also great to catch up with those who I have not seen for a few months ...

sorry I did not stick around .. the RZ & the roads were calling to met each other again ...
    Have to Karma ... Justice catches up eventually !!

Bike
    Mid 80s superbike, Mid 00s superbike
    You know too many people Sue. I still love you the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    Ok im coming out of my closet just this one time , I too kinda have a curvy figure which makes it worse beacuse im a guy. Well the waist kinda goes in and the bum pushes out. When I was in college the girls in my year would slap me on the arse and squeeze because apparently it is firm, tight... I wear jeans
    .....if I find this as a signature Ill hunt you down, serious, capice?

Bike
    SUZUKI road & Kawasaki race bike
    ROFL as usual.....
    i love the inside scoops we dont get to see!
    cant wait for the next one
    Taking it to the track thanks to: KIWIBIKE INSURANCE & PIRELLI TYRES, EXPERIENCE MOTORCYCLES, EBC Brakes, SUPERSPROX Sprockets, TSUBAKI Chains, RST Leathers, REPSOL Oils, FutureGrafix, Autolink

Bike
    2000 Honda CBR600F4, RG50/GL145 Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    One spectator used his experience of doing runners from the Police to evade track officials after jumping the fence to help a fallen rider pick up his bike during a race. He took his sweatshirt off so they wouldn't be able to recognise him!!! Go Mikey (oops was I supposed to mention your name?)
    Ok so here's a behind-the-schenes look that isn't quite so cool.

You may not realise how close we were to stopping the race because of that. Both the spectator and the bike/rider were directly in the firing line of the braking area on the front straight. If there is a rider or a bike on the track, we red flag the race. It was only because we didn't believe anyone could possibly be so stupid as to push a bike back onto the racing surface that we didn't red flag it.

We thought orignally that they were pushing it out of the danger area. By the time we realised they were pushing on to the track all we could do was hope to hell they got out of there before the bunch of bikes coming round Dunlop got to us. Half the field had already been past.

The rest of the field would not have been impressed with a stopped race because of stupidity and it certainly wouldn't have been fair to their racing efforts... so please think about that stuff next time. A lot of people were put in danger - it's risky enough without a helping hand.

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Those pink gloves were hot!
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Thread Information