Thread: Tom's vmcc round 1

Bike
    tb

Tom's vmcc round 1

great crack up nights before the track day and race day, good thing we didnt stay up too much and party, hungover at the track aint good . i would like to say thanks to jas, jas's mum, steve, phill, avalon and her dad for helping fix my bike and many other helpfull people that day.

The open day was very helpful got to learnt he layout where all the potholes were lol tried to help steve get his knee down (your almost there just lean a bit more ur a few cm off) instead he chose to grind half his boot off boot repares in pitlane were great (rock taped to boot). did some fine tuneing to the bike to get it ready for the race (grinding the mounts for sidestand to take it off). also found out my tyre pressures for the first session were 12psi hot so that was also quickly fixed. jas's mum got a great lunch chicken burgers of some sort very tasty i think everyone at the open day tried some lol.

as for the race day came off to a bad start in the quallifying for F3 as i hit the first lefthander way too hard and ended up high siding the bike although not too much dammage. fearing got cable tied and taped back up "Mint" so i did not quallify for F3 and got changed to clubmans and had to start at the BACK OF THE GRID!!! AGAIN!!

RACE 1
    glad i spend a bit of my spare time perfecting my launches as i mannaged to take 2 bikes off the grid and another bike under brakes into the first corner then spent that first lap heating up the tyres then it was all go from there took a 2 more riders on the sweeper then i caught up to steve who was traped behind this hyosung imannaged to get past steve but this hyosung always took me on the straights mannaged to get past him on the final lap and saw nicksta in the distance mannaged to catch up to her and pass her on the final corner i thought i had won it but nicksta flys past me on the straight ( she and her vfr are alot better than mine i wanna take that vfr for a spin btw ) and she snatches my victory by 0.033 of a second

RACE 2
    this was by far the best race get a awsome start by the first lefthander only 5 bikes behind nicksta by the second lap pass her on the outside on the sweeper into the left hander have a bit of trouble with a RSV catch up to steve who was not happy to see me we were haveing a good battle for a few laps steve was awsome under the brakes he mannaged to pass me twice under brakeing but i pin the gas around the sweeper and pass him into the left hander going really wide hopeing not for a reinactment of quallifying. and i snatch up second place..

RACE 3
    starts raining and the 4 lap race sign come out (dont think i couldnt see your grin thru ur helmet nicky) generaly pretty crap nicky and steve well ahead most of the race although i still get 3rd place. should of listened to your advice steve and gone out in the wet at the open day to feel the grip as i was not sure how grippy it would be on the slick

look at the score boards and nicksta beats me by one point and steve 4 points behind but other than that it was a fantastic weekend cant wait until next month THIS TIME i wont mess up quallifying...

Bike
    tb
    cool photo of all of us
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vmcc rd 2.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	63999  

Bike
    600RR3
    Nice one, Tom.

Good to meet ya. Only wish I'd met you sooner before I paid off my speeding fines the honest way. You should run seminars on that stuff, mate

Hopefully catch ya at the next one.

Bike
    2009 DRZ400e
    Nice write up Tom

It was awesome watching you on the track! Haha, just may be try not to get your elbow down so hard next time and you'll qualify

Bike
    Dont let the pink and purple fool you
    Quote Originally Posted by Meekey_Mouse View Post
    just may be try not to get your elbow down so hard next time and you'll qualify
    Ah, but he did get his elbow down

hehe.

Too Fast to Live, Too Young to Die

Bike
    tb
    i think i need to get rear sets my peg hits before my elbow unless i hack saw more of my peg off

Thread Information