Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Scooters versus motorcycles

Bike
    Heavily modified L7 pocketbike
    Quote Originally Posted by kaz View Post
    Mmm IamCornholio, well I have seriously considered painting a flaming skull on the front of my Mio 50cc.

Curious here friend? Is that a pocketbike? Got any pics by any chance?
    (edit: I just googled and saw a Mio 50cc... I would do sick things to that ride if it were in MY stable friend...)

Flaming skulls are cool IMHO. We have a few 'Skulls' on our ride for sure!

I am a 'newbie' here at KB as well friend, But I will still say, "Welcome to the madness of KB friend!"
    Last edited by IamCornholio; 30th June 2007 at 18:15. Reason: Saw a pic of his bike...

Bike
    2014 Triumph Street Triple
    Quote Originally Posted by IamCornholio View Post
    Curious here friend? Is that a pocketbike? Got any pics by any chance?
    (edit: I just googled and saw a Mio 50cc... I would do sick things to that ride if it were in MY stable friend...)
    Hey, don't you talk about "Biscuit" like that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	biscuit.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	151.6 KB 
ID:	64995  

Bike
    Your scooter is much cooler than the pic I found.

Very cool bike IMHO.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by IamCornholio View Post
    Your scooter is much cooler than the pic I found.

Very cool bike IMHO.
    Yeah Biscuit may not be the quickest, but she's pretty groovy. And my cat can ride her too

Bike
    CB900 Hornet 2005

Horses for courses..

Hey Kaz - new to this KB thing but couldn't resist having my two cents worth.

Love the bike - wouldn't be without it - but my scoot is loads better around town. Trouble is it's a 50 and so I can't take it accross the bridge in AKL. Been looking at something bigger and tried a Honda Dylan 150 and Vespa LX150. The Dylan was the business - hauled my 90 kg lard-arse up the bridge at 100km and cruised on the flat at 110 while being smooth and nimble round town. Trouble is the price but you should still try one. Must try a Fly125 - they seem to have the right spec and a more attainable price. Anyone know if these are comfortable for a motorway commute?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by StuDent View Post
    Love the bike - wouldn't be without it - but my scoot is loads better around town. Trouble is it's a 50 and so I can't take it accross the bridge in AKL. Been looking at something bigger and tried a Honda Dylan 150 and Vespa LX150. The Dylan was the business - hauled my 90 kg lard-arse up the bridge at 100km and cruised on the flat at 110 while being smooth and nimble round town. Trouble is the price but you should still try one. Must try a Fly125 - they seem to have the right spec and a more attainable price. Anyone know if these are comfortable for a motorway commute?
    Hi StuDent, I am also thinking of a Fly 125. Have seen good reviews of the Dylan 150 and it's good to hear that you liked it. My partner has a Vespa ET4 150 which I ride as often as I can when I can prise him away from it. I really like the ET4 except that I find the controls a bit of a stretch for my girlie hands and not as easy to use as on other scooters.

What I really want is a scooter with disk brakes front AND rear, 4 stroke, minimum of 125cc. The Gilera VXR200 looks the business, and people rave about them, but I haven't found one to take for a ride and...it's over $6000 (like the Dylan)

Good luck finding something to get over the bridge. I have family there so know it well.

Bike
    Suzuki GSX1250FA, TGB 50cc moped
    Rear disc brakes aren't really that important - the vast majority of braking power comes from the front. Try riding a TGB 150 @ $4995 or less or a TGB 101 (125cc) at $$3495 - same dealer as Peugeot I think.
    David must play fair with the other kids, even the idiots.

Bike
    1989 Honda CBR250R
    Quote Originally Posted by swbarnett View Post
    Took mine down to Hamilton last weekend. 100 to 110 most of the way and the weather was shitty to say the least (wet roads and a very strong cross wind). I even managed to keep it at 100k back up the Bombay hill.

Also, I commute on the Auckland motorway daily at times when the traffic is free flowing.
    I couldn't imagine there being much acceleration at those speeds though, I get a substantial drop off in power after 120 and then in 5th it starts to putputput.

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ICE180 View Post
    AS for the scooter v bike thing it will be a discussion like do you belive in god and if not why to a atheist
    Which one is cooler?
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    A big one
    Quote Originally Posted by avgas View Post
    Which one is cooler?
    Depends on how old you are as to whether that is something to worry about.
    It's only when you take the piss out of a partially shaved wookie with an overactive 'me' gene and stapled on piss flaps that it becomes a problem.

Bike
    01 Triumph TT600
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lobster View Post
    Depends on how old you are as to whether that is something to worry about.
    Cool doesn't have to be taken that way. What YOU think about whether 1 bike is more cool than another is plenty enough reason to sway your choice.

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    The bonnie 650 was cool.
    The black shadow was cool.
    The Kelvinator was cool.
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
    Cool doesn't have to be taken that way. What YOU think about whether 1 bike is more cool than another is plenty enough reason to sway your choice.
    I agree. I think my "Biscuit" is cool. She's just not fast or powerful or big. But what are those things in comparison to chrome, curves, and being able to park anywhere, effortlessly? ; )

Maybe the ideal is when the cool things match up with the practical things.

Some people think I'm not cool for wearing safety gear on a scooter. But I, on the other hand, think injuries requiring skin grafts are extremely uncool.

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by delusionz View Post
    I couldn't imagine there being much acceleration at those speeds though, I get a substantial drop off in power after 120 and then in 5th it starts to putputput.
    Indeed, you're not going to overtake anybody in a hurry (just the odd slow truck).
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by kaz View Post
    I agree. I think my "Biscuit" is cool. She's just not fast or powerful or big. But what are those things in comparison to chrome, curves, and being able to park anywhere, effortlessly? ; )

Maybe the ideal is when the cool things match up with the practical things.

Some people think I'm not cool for wearing safety gear on a scooter. But I, on the other hand, think injuries requiring skin grafts are extremely uncool.
    Well said kaz...

(I agree 100% about the gear being 'cool', Roadrash sucks!)

Thread Information